New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    I say 3 years post season ban. Loss of 2 schollies , vacating wins during time of infraction and reduction of recruiting visits. Oh Bill Self will be pressured out.
    Only thing i'd change. Bill Self should not be "pressured out". He should be 100% kicked out and banned for a period of time. Don't let him go out gracefully.

Comment

• I just don't think much will happen. One thought: CBS viewership of Kansas-Kentucky vs Georgia Tech-San Diego State. And the NCAA knows this.

Comment

• A lot of interesting history about the NCAA death penalty: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_(NCAA)
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Yeah, I can't shake the feeling that there will be no meaningful consequences. I think they'll prolong the "investigations" until it's out of the news cycle and forgotten about. Jeffrey Epstein had better chances of not being third-party suicided in jail than ku has of actually having consequences.

Comment

• What really sucks is both extremes are in play. Everything from death penalty to wrist slap is completely possible. That tells you right there that something is very wrong, historically speaking, with the consistency of how the NCAA handles different schools in various situations.

North Carolina _funneled_ athletes into their paper classes. Yes, they were available to all students, but athletes were GUIDED to take those specific classes for the purposes of artificially keeping their grades up to maintain eligibility. That should have been accreditation suicide, let alone athletic suicide.

Nope.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              What really sucks is both extremes are in play. Everything from death penalty to wrist slap is completely possible. That tells you right there that something is very wrong, historically speaking, with the consistency of how the NCAA handles different schools in various situations.

North Carolina _funneled_ athletes into their paper classes. Yes, they were available to all students, but athletes were GUIDED to take those specific classes for the purposes of artificially keeping their grades up to maintain eligibility. That should have been accreditation suicide, let alone athletic suicide.

Nope.
              Yep. The accreditation agencies should have taken UNC to the woodshed.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I'll go with something that seems real but really isn't.

Some sort of small punishment for Self, probably sit out most of a non-conference schedule. No real punishment.

Some recruiting punishments, including reductions in permissible contact, and probably the loss of a couple scholarships for 2-3 years. While this would hurt many schools, KU/Self are already ignoring all recruiting rules, so applying more is just a waste of time. The reduction in scholarships would really hurt most schools. But when you're just buying 6 5* guys every year and then complaining about only having 6 guys on your roster every January, it's probably not going to have that big of an impact on you. They are generally using the last couple scholarships on family members and guys whose forged transcripts have yet to receive approval from the meanie NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                  I just don't think much will happen. One thought: CBS viewership of Kansas-Kentucky vs Georgia Tech-San Diego State. And the NCAA knows this.
                  I could be totally wrong here, but I feel Duke, UNC, and Kentucky are the viewership cash cows for the NCAA. It's totally wrong to say Kansas-Kentucky because I'd guess there is a big difference between Kentucky(Duke/UNC)-anybody vs Kansas-anybody. I'd also say that there wouldn't that much difference between Georgia Tech(Louisville/Auburn)-San Diego St vs Kansas-San Diego State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I could be totally wrong here, but I feel Duke, UNC, and Kentucky are the viewership cash cows for the NCAA. It's totally wrong to say Kansas-Kentucky because I'd guess there is a big difference between Kentucky(Duke/UNC)-anybody vs Kansas-anybody. I'd also say that there wouldn't that much difference between Georgia Tech(Louisville/Auburn)-San Diego St vs Kansas-San Diego State.
                    Rational perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

According to KU fan the whole tournament would be unwatchable without KU.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

That's just cuz they assume other people also quit watching after the first weekend.

Zing!

Comment

Who would I cheer against? LOL
                          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Awesome, let's give a test run for bout 10 years!
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• It would be interesting to see how college basketball has evolved to this state, to see all the partners in crime and how they came to be that. I know it boils down to money, and the money comes from interest and viewership, but how did the coaches and institutions first start in the buying business? It has seemed like the same conferences are always good, get the top tier players, and have the big name coaches. Now, it seems like those coaches are buying players from Gucci and the rest of the D1 institutions get the pick of Target or Walmart for the most part. I know, WSU is getting good players, and so are other schools like Gonzaga, but for the most part, the "best" guys go to the traditional power schools. Or so it seems to me.

There is a part of me that wants to see schools who recruit players who are headed to the NBA in less than 4 years be put in a "true" amateur league, and those, like KU or UNC who are just stops on the path have their own semi-pro league funded by the NBA.

I really don't think anything major is going to happen to KU, although it would make me smile if it did!

Comment

Working...
                                X