No announcement yet.

New Schools Named in FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What distinguishes Adidas from boosters?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I mean, if a booster paid someone, the University claims they had no idea, but that excuse doesn't fly with the NCAA, yet if Adidas did it, thats acceptable to claim?
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          What distinguishes Adidas from boosters?
          If a booster is one who donates to the university or has season tickets, why wouldn't Adidas, which contributes millions of dollars in cash and merchandise to KU, be considered a booster and therefore subject to NCAA regulation?
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ShockerPrez
            ShockerPrez commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty much, yeah.

If Koch industries paid a Shocker 90 grand, WSU would get crucified...

Comment

KU is a "victim" much in the same way a 17 y/o school boy is a "victim" of the advances of a 23 y/o hot teacher.

Comment

• shock
              shock commented
              Editing a comment
              That is the perfect analogy

the ncaa acts on anonymous tips.

i'm going to send them an anonymous tip: hey, you guys, ncaa, the biggest cheats in college basketball are the "one-and-done" schools. you're welcome.

Comment

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              Been there, done that. Doesn't work.

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            I mean, if a booster paid someone, the University claims they had no idea, but that excuse doesn't fly with the NCAA, yet if Adidas did it, thats acceptable to claim?
            A booster is a fan of a program and wants to steer players to said program. Adidas doesn't care if the player chooses Louisville, KU, etc so long as it's an Adidas school. Fine line? Sure, but I give you NCAA vs UNC.

Comment

Bill Self reacts to new charges against Adidas executive that reference KU players http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...208540874.html

What is it that HCGM says? Recruiting is like shaving. Skip a day, and you look like a bum.
              Kansas coach Bill Self reacted to new charges filed April 10, 2018 against Adidas executive James Gatto, who is alleged to have conspired to pay the mother and to a guardian of two unnamed KU basketball players without the university's knowledge.

Comment

The mistake being made here by both Adidas and KU is that they're only investing in the basketball team. Good lord, their football program is the worst in the country. Pony up some bills Mr. Dassler and help out the gridiron boys. They're the ones that need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                  The mistake being made here by both Adidas and KU is that they're only investing in the basketball team. Good lord, their football program is the worst in the country. Pony up some bills Mr. Dassler and help out the gridiron boys. They're the ones that need it.
                  $300 million not enough, huh?

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's a lot of cash to drop on a mausoleum.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  The results speak for themselves.

I'm no KU football supporter, but if you want to see something interesting check out saveksfb.com

The fans have been promised renovations and improvements for years and nothing has happened. The AD said they would finally get an indoor practice facility for this fall, yet not only will that practice facility not be complete, they haven't even broken ground. And worse than that, they apparently don't even have a plan for where to put it.

Essentially, what that website lays out is that all the promises of facilities improvements at Kansas are just pie in the sky. There's no plan and no will to actually do it.

KU's only chance to win a game is against Nicholls State at the beginning of the season and I wouldn't call that a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination as NSU went 8-4 last year and even these smaller Louisiana schools are pretty salty when it comes to football. So with KU on its way to another 1-11 or 0-12 season, my point was, somewhat jokingly, the brand with the three stripes needs to forget about buying them some basketball guys and shell out the cash for some decent football players.

Comment

At this point the 300 million figure seems more like a pipe dream to the people following this project. The renderings Sheahon Zenger submitted last fall looked like they were created by a 14 year old on his computer. No real architectural plan so far and no time table for construction. Construction is supposedly going to begin on a 26 million dollar indoor practice facility this spring but so far no renderings made public. For all we know it could be a huge steel shed just west of the stadium....

Comment

so why is Maryland not mentioned alongside KU and NC State in the newest release? The player in question or his people had accepted money from Under Armour to steer him there and the players "people" needed extra money to pay that back before they steered him to KU?

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Probably because all of the hard data was confiscated from Adidas ...

CBS basketball podcast talks about this story and the overall scandal. At the very least they expect the KU player to be ruled ineligible and KU will have to vacate their NCAA wins (and B12 championship), though this will be several years from now. The big question does Bill Self or anybody on his staff have knowledge that these payments were being made.

There still are a lot of rabbit holes this can still all can lead. There is the unnamed co-conspirator, and there are still rumors of other indictments of assistants/coaches coming down in the future. We will likely learn how dirty college basketball has become over the next 2-3 years as this rolls through court.

Comment

Working...
                      X