No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Shox Offseason Predictions and Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We don’t know what to talk about yet. We don’t even know everyone’s names. Excited to see them play though.

Comment

• “He’ll figure out that pouting is not rewarded around here,” Marshall added.

Hahahahahahaha Quite possibly the understatement of the century so far. Clearly that player (or players) is in for a long learning session.

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        I just read that too. I wonder who he was talking about.

• atlwsu
        atlwsu commented
        Editing a comment
        Going to the scout team mean before that he was being considered as a possible starter?

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I don't know what to think about this board anymore. It's 24 hours to game time. Where's the official pregame thread? The lineups, the discussion of the opponent (The Indians by the way are from North Carolina, who knew? Not me before looking it up a couple of hours ago). Where are the numbers! The predictions?

I fear for the future of Shockernet……..dot net.
      Yeah, and where is the "COUNTDOWN CLOCK"???

Comment

• RH: Burton Defends and His Teammates Notice

https://goshockers.com/news/2018/10/...es-notice.aspx

Comment

• Bluzrover
          Bluzrover commented
          Editing a comment
          That kid is going to get some playing time. Right? Him and Dexter may be our best defenders but time will tell. I am excited to see these new AAC athletes 3G and staff have brought to Wichita!

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I don't know what to think about this board anymore. It's 24 hours to game time. Where's the official pregame thread? The lineups, the discussion of the opponent (The Indians by the way are from North Carolina, who knew? Not me before looking it up a couple of hours ago). Where are the numbers! The predictions?

I fear for the future of Shockernet……..dot net.
        'Kay.
        From what I can find, they don't have a lot of height. Only 2 guys 6-8 or taller. Possibly a guard oriented offense.
        Last season:

Scoring: 77 pts per game (rank 349 in D1, D2, D3 basketball)
        Assists: 12.9 per game (rank 745 in all of college)
        Rebounds: 39.9 per game (rank 131)
        (tell tale) Pts Allowed: 82.8 (rank 991)

Best player possibly Jameel Taylor (Senior) (head down and drive guy)

17 ppg, 4.8 reb, 3.3 ast, 3.5 stl., only 18% from 3 land (?)

I would quietly like to revise my prediction for the game to Blondie 90, Angel Eyes 59
        (insert whistle sound here, waahhhh, waaaahhh, waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh):cowbell:

Comment

• Want more info?

Remember, it is D2.

Comment

• Finding WSU’s doppelganger: What fans can expect for this year’s ceiling ... and floor

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...221046150.html

WSU doesn’t have any top-150 recruits and it might not have West Virginia transfer Teddy Allen available. That’s why the 18-win mark is a reasonable goal for the Shockers, which would look something like an 8-4 record in the non-conference and a 10-8 record in the American Athletic Conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              If we lose to Penny I'll kill myself.

T

...:cool:
              He...will be missed.

Super guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Finding WSU’s doppelganger: What fans can expect for this year’s ceiling ... and floor

How good was that?

Comment

• mattdalt
                  mattdalt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Taylor is really, really good at his job!

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Finding WSU’s doppelganger: What fans can expect for this year’s ceiling ... and floor

Dexter Dennis wasn't top 150? If not, a bit more evidence that the rankings are estimates of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Dexter Dennis wasn't top 150? If not, a bit more evidence that the rankings are estimates of course.
                  Wasn't a top 200 or 300 even - He wasn't even evaluated by major services for the most part.

You can tell from his offers that teams were getting in on him - K-State, G-Tech, Georgia, ect had offered.

Comment

• Ricardo del Rio
                    Ricardo del Rio commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think that a team can go to the big dance and the nit in the same year, but I could be wrong.

• We have an outside shot at a 20 win season this year. Should be heavily favored the rest of the regular season and the first round of the AAC tourney. If we take care of business that puts us at 18. We have proven we are capable of beating UCF or Temple. Win that game and the opening round of the cbi or nit and we have ourselves a 20 win season. I would consider that an incredible success.

Comment

• I don't think beating Cincy or Houston is totally out of the question, just not likely.

Comment

• AndShock
                      AndShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Having someone else beat them for us isn’t out of the question either. Houston/Cincy on Sunday might actually be preferable to a sold out game against Memphis though.

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    I don't think beating Cincy or Houston is totally out of the question, just not likely.
                    Neutral court with MEMPHIS fans supporting WSU. Can certainly see WSU beating Cincinnati.

Comment

• FadedCrown
                      FadedCrown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cincinnati is a bad matchup. We were closer to beating Houston on the road than beating Cincy on the road.

• We can DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Shocks!!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                    X