No announcement yet.

2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is amazing how different it feels to watch other teams. It seems like a huge percentage of tight games end up with a single buzzer beating shot changing the outcome, which is exactly what you'd want and expect from March. I feel like we are more likely to return to the Final Four than to win an NCAA game that way. I don't know why I feel that way, but it just feels true. It is really hard to picture us having a Loyola, Kentucky, or Michigan style run of near losses turned into victories at the final buzzer.

Sorry, that was what Loyola and Houston's games made me think of.

Comment

• gray's constant crying and whining to the refs is over and out.

btw, rob gray seriously reminds me of nate funk.
      Last edited by another shocker; March 18, 2018, 04:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
        Could have called an offensive foul on the shooter. You can't kick out like that and hit the defender. I know I've seen that called in the NBA a few times. Don't know about college. Would have taken balls to call it though.
        After the game these analysts are calling it a great play call by Belein. That was a terrible shot to get with almost four seconds. Getting a falling out of bounds 40 foot throw (not shot) at the basket is not my idea of a great play. The only thing great about that play was that the ball went in the basket. If he missed that they'd be saying "that's the best shot you can get with 4 seconds left?" Tennessee got a much better shot than that with no time outs and less time. They just missed theirs.
        That is definitely not a foul in college as there is no Reggie Miller rule in the NCAA rulebook. Likely wouldn't even be a foul in the NBA. Your second point is valid though. It wasn't a great shot, just like Loyola's first round buzzer beater wasn't the best look. That's what makes this March Madness though.
        Last edited by ICT2CLT; March 18, 2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Zubcut
          Zubcut commented
          Editing a comment
          I guarantee that kick out is a foul in the NBA. That was blatant. The Houston player wasn't that close and got kicked in the shins. The Michigan player kicked both feet straight out trying to draw the foul. He made contact with the defender who was way outside the cylinder. The shooter knew he had very little chance of making the shot and was just hoping to draw a 3 shot foul. Nobody throws his legs or like that if they're trying to hit the shot.
          When I first saw him go down I thought maybe he was fouled. The floor level replay was the one that shows what really happened. I don't really blame him. It was desperation time. Still, you can't kick an opponent even if you are shooting.
          Last edited by Zubcut; March 18, 2018, 09:05 PM.

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
        gray's constant crying and whining to the refs is over and out.

btw, rob gray seriously reminds me of nate funk.
        Rob Gray is a much better player than I originally thought he was when we joined the conference. The thing that would drive me nuts though, is that he’s a ball hog. Houston lives and dies by his performance. I guess that’s the way the game is going. Elmore at Marshall was the same type player.

Comment

• The whiner and ball hog observations are spot on, plus I'm real tired of his "mean" look. Also I didn't care for the way he acted toward his teammates; extremely arrogant and very critical of them. Every time he made a bad play or drew a foul (which was rare) it was somebody else's fault. I don't remember which game it was but another player was holding the ball at the top of the key and you could clearly read his lips when he hollered in his face "Give me the ball!" I'm no fan of Mythigan but it's worth it to not have to see man-bun or mini man-bun again.
          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• when i say he reminds me of nate funk, i'm talking about look and attitude (although nate punk -pardon my language- did avg around 20 ppg his last couple of years). needle-nose etc. etc.

marshall better put his big boy pants on, because sampson is going to make it a purpose to beat his teams, just like altman made it a purpose to beat wichita state.
            Last edited by another shocker; March 18, 2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
              You're actually surprised fans of Valley teams are hanging crap on WSU. What did you expect? They know we've spent the whole season talking about how glad we are to be out of their crappy league. Now they go beat two high seeds in the tourney, while we lose in the first round to a 4th place, 10 loss team from Conference USA. They have scoreboard and we don't have sh*t. You must not remember all the butt hurt around here when Creighton bolted the Valley for the Big East. Valley fans are enjoying the hell out of this and I don't blame them. I still love it every time Creighton loses and I'm pretty sure most Valley fans are feeling the same way about the Shockers. You think it's bad now. Next year may be REALLY ugly
              I was surprised that no other Valley team poster had congratulated them more than anything. And no, not every Valley team poster lays crap on WSU. There are those who understand their situation and the type of rough road they face. Maybe you rub it in all their faces, I don't unless they deserve the treatment. If you feel "we don't have sh*t", I can't help you. No way I'd trade being in the AAC for a single S16 run. sCUm, as they were, and are, called here were pretty much treated the same before and after their move. Most here were disappointed that we couldn't go with them or somewhere similar. Any Valley fans enjoying the hell out of this, is only momentary. It doesn't change that tomorrow they still wake up to their plight. If that's the best pleasure they can find, I'm just super glad I'm not them. Oh, and next year, just be thankful it'll be happening in the AAC and not in the Valley. That would have been REALLY ugly for us.

Comment

• Rlh04d
                Rlh04d commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep. There's not one NCAA tournament result, other than the Final Four run, that I'd change for being out of the Valley. We've had multiple S16 runs outside of that in the last 12 years, and I would have traded all of them to switch places with Creighton when they left. And as much as they could only dream of a S16 run, no way they'd have taken the trade.

• Valley fans are a salty, salty bunch. Specifically Redturd fans, who continually ride the coattails of others and act like they're the team racking up NCAA appearances. Illinois State now takes over as the Valley's biggest loser, with their NCAA-less streak of 20 year the conference's longest.

And they're in a one-bid league for eternity. Sucks to suck.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Saw CF walking to the arena last night before the games. Told him great game and thanks for being a Shocker. He said thanks and continued on.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• At times I crave salty things, at others I crave sweets ;)

Comment

• I bet this new poster is the same obsessed type that's banned over and over and over and over.

What a crush. And what a pansy for hiding behind a WSU name.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                      Great.....now we await another Dan Muller tweet about Gregg Marshall and WSU.
                      I hope he does. I enjoy watching fools attempt to trash talk when all they do is make themselves look bad.

Why else do you think I enjoy banter with ShockerFever so much? ;-)

Comment

• Loyola has a very good team. They still do not have a good program. Big difference,

Comment

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanESPN 2h2 hours ago

Off-court distractions. They matter.

Comment

• Jeff *******Verified account@GoodmanESPN 2h2 hours ago

Arizona, Michigan State, USC, Louisville. All dealt with distractions. All gone. That’s all I’m saying.

Comment

Working...
                            X