No announcement yet.

2018 General NCAA Tournament Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of the points about Nova being the superior team from just about any metric or simply based on the eye test are accurate.

So what does Michigan have going for it? Well for one thing this is 2018. Has there ever been a season with more unexpected wins and losses throughout the season contininuing into the NCAA Tournament.

Villanova should win but this is the year of the unexpected. Not saying I am picking Michigan. I think Villanova will win. But if there is a time when the consensus could be turned upside down this might be it.

Comment

• Listening to 810 WHB right now. Found it interesting to hear that 11 times this season KU shot better from 3 point land than Villanova did on Saturday. Doesn't help Saturday's outcome, but does highlight just how "out of the norm" that game was for Kansas.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        If "out of the norm" means they don't usually jack up 3's right after passing half-court, then OK, I suppose. Or constantly go one-on-one when they're not jacking up 3's...

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Nova was also 18-25 (.720) inside the arc, while KU was 21-41(.512). Hypothetically, at that %, had Nova shot 41 2 pointers like KU, they would have outscored KU by 16. Was that Nova being hot or KU poor on D? Nova also 20 assists to KUs 8 and 5 blocks to 1.

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
        GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it was a combination of things. That said, there were a lot of rhythm shots for Nova. They had some really good looks on a majority of those shots.

• I don't have any problem thinking the #3 defense in the country, who has just finished up winning its 14th consecutive game, including 2-0 vs. the Spartans and the Boilermakers, has a legit chance to win. Don't look for them to jack up 3's as soon as they cross the half-court like the Chickens did Saturday night.

The cutting lanes that the Ramblers exploited endlessly against the mild-cats just weren't there against the Wolverines in their match-up. If the team that scored 99 on TA&M can show up it could be a surprisingly good one. On watching the Wolverines now vs. the team in Maui it's pretty obvious they're a different team.

Comment

• So does anybody else find it ironic that Michigan gets another shot at the title the same season Louisville came under fire for their 2013 sins? I like nova and I think they win tonight, but that would really be something if Michigan could pull it off!
        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Go Blue! Go Nova! Go Basketball!

Comment

• Everybody talked about the parity in college basketball this year, and for the most part I think it was true with exception to Villanova. They have been in a class of their own throughout the year and certainly in the tournament. Very impressive team they have this year.

Comment

• Congrats to Nova on their 3rd National title, 2nd in 3 years. Impressive program.

They have now just as many titles as the "blueblood" up northeast, but they aren't a blueblood.. lollllllllll
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• One Shining Moment...

WSU references...

O/U 0.5

Anyone want to take the over?
                78-65

Comment

• .5 is all the number of decent halves of basketball we played this March as well so...

Comment

• Strange...Wright doesn't seem to recruit one-an-done players and yet his program seems to be doing nicely without them.

Comment

• Markis made it, and there were a couple Marshall references...one where I saw WuShock in the background.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                        Markis made it, and there were a couple Marshall references...one where I saw WuShock in the background.
                        Didn't see any BJ's, lol.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure how much I saw of Elite 8 participant K-State.

Also, didn't see Dan Muller or any Redbird players.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• NM - had the wrong numbers.
                          Last edited by AZ Shocker; April 3, 2018, 12:25 AM.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Also, didn't see Dan Muller or any Redbird players.
                            THAT made me laugh out loud!

Comment

Working...
                            X