No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Marshall NCAA Dance Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like Marshall over WSU is becoming a very popular upset pick by talking heads tonight. Usually that's a kiss of death for the underdog. Mainly, I think, because all the upset talk gets the attention of the favored team. Usually these upsets come from the high seed being overconfident and the low seed sneaking up on them. This upset talk could actually be good for us.

Comment

Any insight on tickets for San Diego? Can’t find a topic that is relevant.

Comment

If memory serves, wasn't the Final Four run started on the west coast also? Seem to remember that...but I've slept since 2013.

Comment

We need a confidence building win.

shockers 88
          tha herd 72

Comment

Attached Files
            Tinypic™ is a photo and video sharing service that allows you to easily upload, link and share your images and videos on MySpace®, eBay®, blogs and message boards. No account required, upload your photos and videos today!
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
              If memory serves, wasn't the Final Four run started on the west coast also? Seem to remember that...but I've slept since 2013.
              Salt Lake City, then LA.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

For us to advance we are going to need MM, ZB and DW to play better on both ends of the
              court and for CF / AR to shoot it like we know they can.

Comment

I think we're likely to win, but I definitely don't feel good about this match up. Elmore and Burks combine to average more than 40 a night. It seems like we are very capable of getting torched by good guard play, and that certainly makes me nervous.

Comment

Now am I the only one that really likes this bracket our beloved Shocks landed in? Yes, there are some tough teams therein, but if the Shocks are hitting on all cylinders and stay consistent, we will be advancing in tall cotton as in the days of Cotton. The key word is "if". In the days of Cotton, the Shocks did not look away but rather got hot, made big plays, hit big shots, played solid D-Fence, and maybe got a few breaks along the way.

This Shocker team now to Dance was one that early on, several experts were predicting us to advance to the Final 4. Why? Maybe partly because we had a solid Season last Season and returned most everybody which actually could be the most experienced team in this here Dance both in playing time and Dance floor time. Does any of this matter? Stay tuned.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• ShockerEngineer
                    ShockerEngineer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This is the first time since 2013 I haven't felt like we were hosed by the committee.

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  Now am I the only one that really likes this bracket our beloved Shocks landed in? Yes, there are some tough teams therein, but if the Shocks are hitting on all cylinders and stay consistent, we will be advancing in tall cotton as in the days of Cotton. The key word is "if". In the days of Cotton, the Shocks did not look away but rather got hot, made big plays, hit big shots, played solid D-Fence, and maybe got a few breaks along the way.

This Shocker team now to Dance was one that early on, several experts were predicting us to advance to the Final 4. Why? Maybe partly because we had a solid Season last Season and returned most everybody which actually could be the most experienced team in this here Dance both in playing time and Dance floor time. Does any of this matter? Stay tuned.
                  I, for one, like it. Every bracket will have tough games. But I like our matchups. Even Marshall. Yes we will likely struggle guarding them, but our offense is pretty Stout also. They have to guard us too. Doubt they defend like Houston, Cincy, Temple, UCF...etc.

Villanova is the only truly scary team IMHO.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly. Dantonio doesn't coach defense close to Cronin or Sampson or Dawkins

Look at Marshall's adjusted O and D numbers... we should win this game by double digits. I'm looking for Wichita State to cover.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                    Look at Marshall's adjusted O and D numbers... we should win this game by double digits. I'm looking for Wichita State to cover.
                    96th best Offense, 144 best Defense....

And really important .. 6th fastest Tempo. We seem to play our best in the fast tempo games. Conner and Austin shoot better in transition it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

96th best Offense, 144 best Defense....

And really important .. 6th fastest Tempo. We seem to play our best in the fast tempo games. Conner and Austin shoot better in transition it seems.
                      Samajae for 30!

Comment

SHJ court time actually not an awful idea at all for this game.

Or maybe not...

Comment

• Stickboy46
                          Stickboy46 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Of all the disappointments .. Him failing to capture some of the momentum he had in the non-conference games is probably the highest for me. Went from dropping 30 twice to not playing for weeks ...

I like getting SHJ out there some.
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                        X