Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PG Malcolm Armstead (Transfer from Oregon)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    The thread police need to feel the right to move this subject to another thread and rename it. Quite a while back, Armstead's thread became a recruiting thread about Marshall, then Miller.
    Hahaha, good point. I didn't even read the thread title -- was just responding to the last post in it. :)
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Do you think Dana missed Armstead in this game http://losangeles.sbnation.com/ucla-...ore/in/2606847?
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
        Do you think Dana missed Armstead in this game http://losangeles.sbnation.com/ucla-...ore/in/2606847?
        You do realize that Dana ran off Armstead, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
          Yep I heard he refused to slap the floor with both hands in close games as the other team brought the ball up the court in order to show his intensity. You either slap the floor or you sit when playing for Dana.

A year after Altman convinced Armstead and his family to stay he then pushed him out. Combo of Armsteads attitude, the other pg taking the minutes, and Altman making room.

I am not concerned about what Armstead brings to the table for the shox this year.

Comment

That's not the way I heard it......I understood Malcolm told the coach he had enough ***** in his life and was looking for a winner.

Comment

• NO, no, no! When Altman had the players at Oregon practice kicking the ball into the stands, Armstead got it too far up and Altman was afraid the refs might catch it, so he had to get rid of Armstead. The guy was just too muscular for the style Altman wanted to play.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I heard he wanted a higher ceiling than the second round in the NCAA tourney.

Comment

• I gather from his post that our CU fan thinks Armstead was a liability to Oregon so Altman "ran him off." I guess our program just isn't on the same level as a great program like Oregon under Altman. :) After all, we have a cast-off, no good, liability point guard right?

I read a couple articles and it looks more to me like Armstead never wanted to play for Altman. Being run off is not the same thing as being uncomfortable for a couple seasons and finally being allowed to go after the coach got in some new recruits.

I didn't even know all of this back story on Armstead until now. The stuff I have been reading is starting to make me realize just what everyone is talking about when they say they expect him to be a sure fire starter and a big time player for WSU. I love how he says he couldn't keep playing for Altman because he wants to make the NBA :) Malcolm, I would love nothing more than for you to have the kind of season for us that puts you in the NBA!

"Armstead very nearly transferred after his first season with the Ducks, in 2009-10, but Altman talked him and his family out of the decision. But the quick-handed guard, who averaged 8.6 points and 4.4 assists last season, never felt entirely comfortable that Altman's system would help him to his goal of reaching the NBA."

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/06/post_8.html

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                    I gather from his post that our CU fan thinks Armstead was a liability to Oregon so Altman "ran him off." I guess our program just isn't on the same level as a great program like Oregon under Altman.
                    Nope, not true at all. I fully expect Armstead to be a starter and lead the conference in steals. He has incredibly quick hands. Not much of a scorer, but certainly a defensive presence.

My comment was aimed at the poster who asked if Dana missed Armstead in the PAc tourney. If Dana wanted him there, he would have still been there, so I doubt Dana missed him much.

Comment

Nope, not true at all. I fully expect Armstead to be a starter and lead the conference in steals. He has incredibly quick hands. Not much of a scorer, but certainly a defensive presence.

My comment was aimed at the poster who asked if Dana missed Armstead in the PAc tourney. If Dana wanted him there, he would have still been there, so I doubt Dana missed him much.
                      Before the season started, Altman and Armstead might both have been happy to part ways; I doubt that it was all Dana pushing Malcolm out the door since he worked hard to keep him the previous year. However, without regard to who pushed whom, in retrospect, I think Dana would have loved to have Malcolm in a close, one point game in the Pac 12 tourney. A game that Dana lost to #6 seed Colorado.

ADDED: In the Colorado-Oregon game, Oregon only played three guards: Devoe Joseph (39 minutes), Garrett Sim (35 minutes) and Johnathan Loyd (5 minutes). Sim shot 3-12 (2-6 from 3) and Joseph shot 6-19 (0-7 from 3). The guards had a total of 7 assists for the game and Sim had 3 turnovers. This was the great guard play that (in part) cost Oregon the game. I'm sure Dana didn't miss Armstead.
                      Last edited by SpanglerFan316; July 28, 2012, 11:02 AM.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

It's a given. Dana walks on water and would never make a misjudgement or have a personality clach, or....
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Is DJA still upset that Altman spurned the Jays for a PAC-10 cellar dweller? Is that why DJA still follows Altman close enough to know exactly what he is thinking and doing at all hours of the day?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Let's just say that a player finding a good fit in a Coach and Team are of essence. There was this pretty good player named Larry Bird that did not thrive under the Bobby Knight regime. Later, this guy named Bird was not only making some long shots from clear out at 21st and Hillside, he put Indiana State on the map at that time, improved the Boston Celtics immediatly, and even was a key to our Dream Team.

Armstead has impressed me this summer as a leader and a solid player. Yes, he will be an asset for our beloved Shocks and I expect him to blend in quite well. He plays solid D. and Coach Marshall like that trait.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Diana just can't get a break. First he loses Armstead, then he loses out on a recruiting battle for Nick Wiggins... :hurt:

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Dana is to Creighton as Schottenheimer is to the Chiefs?

Comment

Working...
                                X