No announcement yet.

Stop It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that went off the rails rather quickly. I’m shocked.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Jamar Howard 4 President, have you ever intentionally went 5mph over the posted speed limit? You know, driven down Kellogg at 65mph? Or maybe went 45mph in a 40mph zone? Even once in your life? Dead serious question.
      Thank you KW. Not just for JH4P, but for everyone who is quick to throw rocks at Fred. I for one would hate for anyone to dig through my life as I know I have made questionable decisions and bad choices but I believe everyone has to some degree. Has there been anything you have done that you wouldn't want printed on the front page of the newspaper? Anything? I believe mistakes are one way in which we learn and grow as humans.

​​​​​​How about everyone just sit back and take a deep breath. Reflect on your own life before condemning Fred. Perhaps, just perhaps, their might be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
        Jamar Howard 4 President commented
        Editing a comment
        wichshock65, you won't find anything I have said that concludes Fred is guilty already and doesn't allow that there might be an explanation. Please don't misrepresent my arguments.

• wichshock65
        wichshock65 commented
        Editing a comment
        JH4P, I don't mean to misrepresent you or anyone else and I apologize if it came across that way. Some posts have just rubbed me the wrong way with a holier-than-thou, somewhat hypocritical attitude. I think you would agree that someone who was become one of the biggest ambassadors to our University, someone who's number will soon hang from the rafters, just deserves the benefit of a doubt for now. That's all.

• ShockerFever
        ShockerFever commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes wichshock, don't misrepresent him like that. He may get his lawyer (himself) involved.

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

Check out who clicked like to the following post of me talking about, you know, the actual basketball games.
      1 outta 20 ain't bad. Be proud.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I respected Fred for working his way out of a difficult neighbor. Having a similar background I know the hard work it takes to make that happen. That being said he made a bad choice and yes that is very disappointing. And while we are on the subject I have seen no comments on how this effects coach Marshall or his program. Having played several rounds of golf and shared meals with coach I can tell you for a fact, he will never break the rules. He is a man of integrity and will not go there. Fred's decision has a direct effect on the perception of the WSU bb program. And you better believe that competing coaches will try and use that against us!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Jamar Howard 4 President, have you ever intentionally went 5mph over the posted speed limit? You know, driven down Kellogg at 65mph? Or maybe went 45mph in a 40mph zone? Even once in your life? Dead serious question.
          Absolutely owned it. And the spin zone that was spun afterward all the way down the drain was entertaining to watch.

Winner.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Using JH4P logic, black people would still be riding in the back of city busses and Rosa Parks would have tarnished their reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Using JH4P logic, black people would still be riding in the back of city busses and Rosa Parks would have tarnished their reputation.
              Can't wait for the spin with this one.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                That might be the worst extrapolation I’ve seen on this sight in a loooong time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

That might be the worst extrapolation I’ve seen on this sight in a loooong time.
                  SITE*

A game is going on and this is what you're spending your time doing.. again, too predictable.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This whole thread feels like the Harry-Reid-in-a-fist-fight-with-his-brother story. Just plain weird.

Comment

Originally posted by golferc View Post
                    I respected Fred for working his way out of a difficult neighbor. Having a similar background I know the hard work it takes to make that happen. That being said he made a bad choice and yes that is very disappointing. And while we are on the subject I have seen no comments on how this effects coach Marshall or his program. Having played several rounds of golf and shared meals with coach I can tell you for a fact, he will never break the rules. He is a man of integrity and will not go there. Fred's decision has a direct effect on the perception of the WSU bb program. And you better believe that competing coaches will try and use that against us!
                    I would still prefer not to convict Fred until the allegations are proven or admitted to by Fred and his stepdad. And I think 3G has qualified his remarks with a big IF these allegations prove to be true (and he doesn't know if they are) then he would be very disappointed and we will cooperate and take our hit whatever that would be.

My total speculation is that if these allegations are, in fact, true that Fred, after talking with Coach Marshall (and his attorney), would probably own up to his mistakes, admit that he is not perfect and show real remorse if it has caused or will cause any issues for the WSU basketball program. I am assuming Fred has no significant legal jeopardy here but he needs to make sure that is the case before he would do anything. But who knows how all this will shake-out.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 24, 2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If it was a real loan, there better be a document saying such with a schedule/time of payback and interest with signatures. Otherwise, I'd think the IRS would say your just blowing smoke.

• Dan
                      Dan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      C’mon, has no one on this board ever “borrowed” or “loaned” $1,000 to a family member or friend? Happens every day. I’ve paid bills for some of my clients just to keep deals moving along with an understanding that they will pay me back, No documentation other than a receipt.

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Dan, it doesn't matter what I think about a "loan", it only matters what the IRS thinks of the "loan" and their rules. If they determine it wasn't paid back and was not intended as a loan (as in no proof), it becomes unreported income. After that, it only matters what the NCAA thinks of the "loan" and their rules on "taking payments".

nm
                    Last edited by mattdalt; February 24, 2018, 11:18 PM. Reason: moved to FBI probe thread

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                      nm
                      Fred didn't receive a loan from a family member Dan. It was from the seedy underbelly of an industry that has very little regard for ethics and morality. If true, and I see no reasonable evidence it isn't, Fred should suffer some embarrassment and regret. I just hope it doesn't adversely effect WSU with penalties in any way.

Comment

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maybe the agent was seedy but he clearly established good relationships with enough people to represent them in multimillion dollar transactions. Agent/Client relationships can become close like family and friends, don’t kid yourself.

I think people are using the term loan in too literal of a sense. Cash exchanges hands and it's simply called a "loan" on gibberish handwritten big chief tablet. This isn't some legally enforceable contract. In fact I don't believe the intent is repayment in a strict sense. More like investment in a future client.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Fred didn't receive a loan from a family member Dan. It was from the seedy underbelly of an industry that has very little regard for ethics and morality. If true, and I see no reasonable evidence it isn't, Fred should suffer some embarrassment and regret. I just hope it doesn't adversely effect WSU with penalties in any way.
                        Dan, that is what seedy people do...trick you in to trusting them, with full intentions to do whatever it takes to get your business.

Comment

• Dan
                          Dan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It’s a seedy business but still a business where you have to put your contract in the hands of whoever you think you can trust.
                      Working...
                      X