• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s what might be at stake for Wichita State and Fred VanVleet

Comment

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
      GreatWhiteBuffalo commented
      Editing a comment
      Reading that makes possible NCAA decisions a bit less daunting.

• WSU doesn't have any of the money from the 2016 NCAA tourney. WSU is never going to see a penny of that money. If WSU has to return any money they received from the NCAA tourney in 2016, there's a question of what constitutes receiving money.

Did the money go to the MVC and WSU never "received" any money? Or did WSU "receive" the money, even though it was actually distributed to the MVC.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Stickboy46
      Stickboy46 commented
      Editing a comment
      that's an interesting thought. Could end up hurting the MVC more than WSU.

• SB Shock
      SB Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      If they make WSU pay back the money - I would expect they would not penalize the MVC and would let them keep the shares. It would be basically be WSU paying the MVC.

• Joint Press Conference at 12:30 MT with Sean Miller and U of A.

Comment

• Sourcing of the Sean MIller report has been called into question. What a surpirse. A Jouranlist maybe jumping the gun.

https://www.kgun9.com/sports/local-s...on-sean-miller

That said we will see what Sean Miller has to say shortly.

LIve stream here (I think): https://www.kgun9.com/

Comment

• AndShock
        AndShock commented
        Editing a comment
        If the Sean Miller thing is false then Schlabach should be fired and sued for a large sum of money.

• Not only Schlabach, but ESPN, Bilas and Greenburg took Miller to the wood shed when this news story broke saying he needs to be fired and he'll never coach again in basketball. The World Leader is crossing their fingers right now that Schlabach was right.

Comment

• Coach Miller denying the accusations and will be back on the bench for Arizona.

This guys twitter account has most of Coach Miller's statement.

Comment

• Sean Miller: "The one time someone suggested to me paying a player to come to the University of Arizona, I never agreed to it. It never happened and that player never came to Arizona."

Sounds like he tried to buy a player and didn't get him ... I'm thinking it wasn't Ayton .. It was Bowen.

Comment

• On another note, if the NCAA does penalize WSU and HCGM for Fred's indiscretion (allegedly), I will be very, very disappointed in Fred for giving HCGM his first 'black eye' in his coaching tenure. One player is not bigger than the program or the coach. A 30 win season, tournament appearance and two tournament victories are extremely hard to come by. HCGM is building a HOF worthy resume' as we speak, he's still young enough to garner hundreds of more wins and tourney appearances but this would hurt his stats. He'll join the 500 win club next season but this assumes the NCAA doesn't vacate his wins from the 2015-16 season. I will not be like the NCAA however, where you're guilty before being proven innocent. The NCAA or FBI is going to have to provide more concrete evidence than simply names and notes on a spreadsheet. I want a paper trail of bank transactions before I start getting concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Sean Miller: "The one time someone suggested to me paying a player to come to the University of Arizona, I never agreed to it. It never happened and that player never came to Arizona."

Sounds like he tried to buy a player and didn't get him ... I'm thinking it wasn't Ayton .. It was Bowen.
              Not sure how that statement implies that Coach Miller tried to by a player. Maybe it will be proven that he do try to buy a player but that statement certainly doesn't support that conclusion.

At this point I think it's best if we just let due process run its course. Hopefully, the truth, whatever that might be, will eventually see the light of day.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 1, 2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Not sure how that statement implies that Coach Miller tried to by a player. He may have tried but that statement certainly doesn't support that conclusion.

At this point I think it's best if we just let due process run its course. Hopefully, the truth, whatever that might be, will eventually see the light of day.
                But I want my justice quick and without due process!
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, we all do until we happen to find outselves on the wrong side of that equation. Then all of a sudden you kind of like that due process stuff.

Now the media folks are mostly interested in being first and generating the most attention and clicks and due process can kind of get in the way of that.

Time will tell whether ESPN and their reporter end up on the other side of this equation down the line.

• Sean Miller's public statement:

Comment

• I like coach Miller. I hope as the facts come out that it shows that he is clean.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If the facts come out that he's clean the reporter from ESPN should be fired. Imagine if Coach Sean Miller would have gotten fired by U of A this week and the facts ended up being not true. I used to love ESPN but now a days they're going down hill. ESPN is better than this when it comes to reporting. Well they used to be. Now its hard to know if what were being told is true or not.
                    Shocker Alumni
                    Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                    Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• I still want to know if it’s illegal/against regs to pay a handler but not the player himself.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If any booster or the school itself or any of its representatives make a payment to the handler to induce them to guide the player to sign with their school that would be a violation of NCAA rules.

• DCShockerFan
                        DCShockerFan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And is the player then ineligible? Even if they knew nothing of it?

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post
                      If the facts come out that he's clean the reporter from ESPN should be fired. Imagine if Coach Sean Miller would have gotten fired by U of A this week and the facts ended up being not true. I used to love ESPN but now a days they're going down hill. ESPN is better than this when it comes to reporting. Well they used to be. Now its hard to know if what were being told is true or not.
                      I heard on one of the national shows the other day that per Miller's contract, if he is fired for "cause", the buyout amount for the university is actually double what it would be if he were fired for simply lack of W's.

Comment

• Stickboy46
                        Stickboy46 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I believe that was debunked.
                    Working...
                    X