No announcement yet.

Havoc in the Heartland Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always glad when the Shockers win anything. If your gonna keep score you want to win. But, seriously, is there some plan to make this more than just an idea that hasn't caught on and is not particularly promoted or publicized. Does it serve a purpose or is this just something the 2 AD's can bet a steak dinner over? I assume it was intended to try to revive the historical rivalry with Tulsa although that was mostly a men's basketball thing. As far as I can tell it is of very little to no value in generating fan interest and I have not detected it is that big of a deal to the athletes either to this point.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Until Tulsa starts being more competitive in the bigger sports, this won't be a thing most people pay any attention to.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        Until Tulsa starts being more competitive in the bigger sports, this won't be a thing most people pay any attention to.
        Maybe if Wichita State had football and Tulsa had baseball it would be a bigger deal.

Because Tulsa has football their lineup of sports is somewhat different than WSU probably attributable to Title 9 considerations.

Sports Tulsa sponsors that WSU does not include football, men's soccer, women's rowing and women's soccer.

WSU sponsors baseball and men's golf which Tulsa does not have.

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
          Rocky Mountain Shock commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point. The lack of head-to-head match ups offer fewer opportunities for rivalries to develop.

Anytime Wichita can spank Tulsa it is a good thing. That was some spankin this year

Comment

From the day this "competition/award/trophy" (or whatever it is) was announced I felt it was hokey and artificially conceived to conjure up an old rivalry. (No offense to the old geezers) but the rivalry is just no longer and this hokey competition isn't going to do a damn thing to change that.

Comment

Working...
        X