X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNIVERSITY OF TULSA ATHLETICS
    Havoc in the Heartland Grid

Point Total: Tulsa 31; Wichita State 35

2019-20 Event Team Points Results September 27, 2019 Volleyball at Tulsa...

Comment

Wichita State is currently in the lead:

WSU = 16
    TU = 13

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/20...heartland.aspx

WSU = 16
      TU = 13
      This link says tied at 12 each
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• WuShock Reaper
        WuShock Reaper commented
        Editing a comment
        Tulsa has not updated with the Win by WSU in the last men's basketball game. It was worth 3 points.

Also the T/F Men took 3rd and Women 2nd today at the AAC Indoor Championships. Haven’t been added.

Comment

WSU = 24
        TU = 12

Comment

Wichita State clenches the 2019 "Havoc in the Heartland" series with Tulsa

Current points:
          Wichita State = 36
          Tulsa = 18
          Remaining = 12 (Outdoor track 6 and Softball 6)

2018 Results:
          Wichita State = 35
          Tulsa = 31

Comment

• im4wsu
            im4wsu commented
            Editing a comment
            In 20118, what were the Outdoor track and softball results?

• WuShock Reaper
            WuShock Reaper commented
            Editing a comment
            2018 Results for:
            Outdoor Track - Men = WSU 3rd for 3 points; TU 5th for 0 points
            Outdoor Track - Women = TU 8th for 3 points; WSU 9th for 0 points
            Softball - Tulsa won 2 games for 4 points, Wichita won 1 game for 2 points

Interesting that this is even still a thing. Last year it was mentioned a few times but this year I think this thread is about the only place I have heard about it. Is there even a traveling trophy or some other kind of trinket that goes with this? It certainly doesn't appear that it has gained any traction.

Comment

Well it's good the shocks are winning this thing. But I recently read where Tulsa is having a good reciruting year in basketball . Haiith has gotten a couple of 4 star recruits and a big athletic juco center. This league is getting tougher. Hope the shocks are up to the challenge. I really think the AAC can be one of the top 5 conferences next year.

Comment

Tulsa is reportedly between a rock and a hard place financially in all institutional facets, so it’s possible they might have some rough years ahead. It’s a tiny school trying to support “major” D1 sports. Not 100% they are long-term sustainable.

All that to say for all intents and purposes we should have no problem being the stronger overall athletic department.

Comment

Well Wufan I guess it depends on what news site you believe. According to info on the Tulsa site BrandonRachel and Keshawn Embry Simpson where 4 star recruits out of high school. Rachel went to LSU and pearl juco before picking Tulsa. Simpson is an Arkansas transfer. The big man is a 3 star from a juco. His video is impressive. He is athletic.

That game we played at Koch this year was a tough game. The shocks pulled it out but Tulsa choked at the free throw line. In my opinion TU seems to be getting better talent. Hope we don't take them for granted even though we have recently dominated the series. Go shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                Well Wufan I guess it depends on what news site you believe. According to info on the Tulsa site BrandonRachel and Keshawn Embry Simpson where 4 star recruits out of high school. Rachel went to LSU and pearl juco before picking Tulsa. Simpson is an Arkansas transfer. The big man is a 3 star from a juco. His video is impressive. He is athletic.

That game we played at Koch this year was a tough game. The shocks pulled it out but Tulsa choked at the free throw line. In my opinion TU seems to be getting better talent. Hope we don't take them for granted even though we have recently dominated the series. Go shocks.
                We also beat them at their place by 19. I don't know how they'll be next season, they'll probably be the same. They bring back 5 of their top 7 players in terms of minutes but replacing Jeffries will be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

We also beat them at their place by 19. I don't know how they'll be next season, they'll probably be the same. They bring back 5 of their top 7 players in terms of minutes but replacing Jeffries will be tough.
                  As of April 19, they'll bring back 4 of their top 7. Curran Scott, who averaged 10pts a game in conference play, has left the program.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Tulsa is reportedly between a rock and a hard place financially in all institutional facets, so it’s possible they might have some rough years ahead. It’s a tiny school trying to support “major” D1 sports. Not 100% they are long-term sustainable.

All that to say for all intents and purposes we should have no problem being the stronger overall athletic department.
                    I believe I read that they asked Haith to take a paycut

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Fair enough. Embry-Simpson was not listed on 247 just as Teddy Allen isn’t listed for the Shockers. Thanks for the info.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Wichita State 2019 FINAL TALLIES "Havoc in the Heartland" series with Tulsa

:good:

2019 Results:
                      Wichita State = 44
                      Tulsa = 22

2018 Results:
                      Wichita State = 35
                      Tulsa = 31

Comment

Working...
                      X