Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Havoc in the Heartland Series

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    UNIVERSITY OF TULSA ATHLETICS
    Havoc in the Heartland Grid


    Point Total: Tulsa 31; Wichita State 35

    https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/20...heartland.aspx

    Comment


  • #17
    https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/20...heartland.aspx

    Wichita State is currently in the lead:

    WSU = 16
    TU = 13

    Comment


    • #18
      Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/20...heartland.aspx

      Wichita State is currently in the lead:

      WSU = 16
      TU = 13
      This link says tied at 12 each
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

      A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

      Comment


      • WuShock Reaper
        WuShock Reaper commented
        Editing a comment
        Tulsa has not updated with the Win by WSU in the last men's basketball game. It was worth 3 points.

    • #19
      Also the T/F Men took 3rd and Women 2nd today at the AAC Indoor Championships. Haven’t been added.

      Comment


      • #20
        https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/20...heartland.aspx


        Wichita State is currently in the lead:

        WSU = 24
        TU = 12

        Comment


        • #21
          https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/20...heartland.aspx

          Wichita State clenches the 2019 "Havoc in the Heartland" series with Tulsa

          Current points:
          Wichita State = 36
          Tulsa = 18
          Remaining = 12 (Outdoor track 6 and Softball 6)


          2018 Results:
          Wichita State = 35
          Tulsa = 31

          Comment


          • im4wsu
            im4wsu commented
            Editing a comment
            In 20118, what were the Outdoor track and softball results?

          • WuShock Reaper
            WuShock Reaper commented
            Editing a comment
            2018 Results for:
            Outdoor Track - Men = WSU 3rd for 3 points; TU 5th for 0 points
            Outdoor Track - Women = TU 8th for 3 points; WSU 9th for 0 points
            Softball - Tulsa won 2 games for 4 points, Wichita won 1 game for 2 points

        • #22
          Interesting that this is even still a thing. Last year it was mentioned a few times but this year I think this thread is about the only place I have heard about it. Is there even a traveling trophy or some other kind of trinket that goes with this? It certainly doesn't appear that it has gained any traction.

          Comment


          • #23
            Well it's good the shocks are winning this thing. But I recently read where Tulsa is having a good reciruting year in basketball . Haiith has gotten a couple of 4 star recruits and a big athletic juco center. This league is getting tougher. Hope the shocks are up to the challenge. I really think the AAC can be one of the top 5 conferences next year.

            Comment


          • #24
            Tulsa is reportedly between a rock and a hard place financially in all institutional facets, so it’s possible they might have some rough years ahead. It’s a tiny school trying to support “major” D1 sports. Not 100% they are long-term sustainable.

            All that to say for all intents and purposes we should have no problem being the stronger overall athletic department.
            There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
            - Ernest Hemingway

            Comment


            • #25
              Well Wufan I guess it depends on what news site you believe. According to info on the Tulsa site BrandonRachel and Keshawn Embry Simpson where 4 star recruits out of high school. Rachel went to LSU and pearl juco before picking Tulsa. Simpson is an Arkansas transfer. The big man is a 3 star from a juco. His video is impressive. He is athletic.

              That game we played at Koch this year was a tough game. The shocks pulled it out but Tulsa choked at the free throw line. In my opinion TU seems to be getting better talent. Hope we don't take them for granted even though we have recently dominated the series. Go shocks.

              Comment


              • #26
                Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                Well Wufan I guess it depends on what news site you believe. According to info on the Tulsa site BrandonRachel and Keshawn Embry Simpson where 4 star recruits out of high school. Rachel went to LSU and pearl juco before picking Tulsa. Simpson is an Arkansas transfer. The big man is a 3 star from a juco. His video is impressive. He is athletic.

                That game we played at Koch this year was a tough game. The shocks pulled it out but Tulsa choked at the free throw line. In my opinion TU seems to be getting better talent. Hope we don't take them for granted even though we have recently dominated the series. Go shocks.
                We also beat them at their place by 19. I don't know how they'll be next season, they'll probably be the same. They bring back 5 of their top 7 players in terms of minutes but replacing Jeffries will be tough.

                Comment


                • #27
                  Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post

                  We also beat them at their place by 19. I don't know how they'll be next season, they'll probably be the same. They bring back 5 of their top 7 players in terms of minutes but replacing Jeffries will be tough.
                  As of April 19, they'll bring back 4 of their top 7. Curran Scott, who averaged 10pts a game in conference play, has left the program.
                  “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
                  Isaac Asimov

                  Comment


                  • #28
                    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Tulsa is reportedly between a rock and a hard place financially in all institutional facets, so it’s possible they might have some rough years ahead. It’s a tiny school trying to support “major” D1 sports. Not 100% they are long-term sustainable.

                    All that to say for all intents and purposes we should have no problem being the stronger overall athletic department.
                    I believe I read that they asked Haith to take a paycut

                    Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                    Well Wufan I guess it depends on what news site you believe. According to info on the Tulsa site BrandonRachel and Keshawn Embry Simpson where 4 star recruits out of high school. Rachel went to LSU and pearl juco before picking Tulsa. Simpson is an Arkansas transfer. The big man is a 3 star from a juco. His video is impressive. He is athletic.

                    That game we played at Koch this year was a tough game. The shocks pulled it out but Tulsa choked at the free throw line. In my opinion TU seems to be getting better talent. Hope we don't take them for granted even though we have recently dominated the series. Go shocks.
                    Fair enough. Embry-Simpson was not listed on 247 just as Teddy Allen isn’t listed for the Shockers. Thanks for the info.
                    Livin the dream

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Wichita State 2019 FINAL TALLIES "Havoc in the Heartland" series with Tulsa

                      :good:

                      https://tulsahurricane.com/sports/20...heartland.aspx


                      2019 Results:
                      Wichita State = 44
                      Tulsa = 22


                      2018 Results:
                      Wichita State = 35
                      Tulsa = 31

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X