No announcement yet.

Uconn gamethread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only got to watch most of the first half. 2nd half was updates via messaging from ESPN while on a flight ay 35,000 feet. Thank goodness for on board wireless.

McDuffie?

Comment

Grr I didnt get to watch this game. Dont tell me the score!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

It was nice to be back in the MVC for a night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Grr I didnt get to watch this game. Dont tell me the score!
          Both teams were held scoreless for the entire game. UConn held for last shot. God Bear had a huge two-handed block and then drove the length of the court for a thunderous jam at the buzzer, which blew the roof off of the joint. Shockers won 2-0. Klein Construction is assessing the roof damage as we speak.

78-65

Comment

Midtgaard's parents are in town. To say it was a joy to watch his mom's reaction to seeing her son play, get a rebound, hit a FT and make a basket would be....well....an understatement.

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
              ShockerDropOut commented
              Editing a comment
              I love that AM parents were in attendance and able to see their son play.  I would have loved to see their reaction.

• WuDrWu
              WuDrWu commented
              Editing a comment
              I think they'll be here for Temple game as well, but I'm not positive. Look in the parents section, 123 I think (side of our tunnel) and look for the tallest Nordic female you can find. She'll be a little nervous and have a smile as big as the Amalienborg.

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            If you throw that series where the four UConn players went for the uncontested rebound, fell to the ground, and knocked the ball out of bounds into a GIF and put it on repeat -- that's probably how most of their fans have felt for a while now.

For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

• 60Shock
              60Shock commented
              Editing a comment
              LMAO. Funniest thing I've seen in a BB game since I watched the Harlem Globetrotters play in Wichita many, many decades ago.

Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
            My condolences UCONN_Husky. :hopelessness:

Comment

This needs Benny Hill music.

Comment

I think the best news out of this is that it's now obvious that Austin Reeves has been accepted as the "vocal leader" of the team. I know it's UConn (and I can't believe I just typed that), but everybody looked like they were back in the flow, and if that's the trend going forward, we will be finishing strong indeed.

The Temple game (Revenge Mode activated) will be telling, as will the road game at Cincy after that. We need to destroy Temple like we're the Romans and need to at least go toe-to-toe with Cincy at their place for me to feel like the ship has been truly righted.

Comment

I was going to post before the game that Connor's shot in warmups looked good. Unfortunately I may as well be on the moon when trying to connect to cyberspace in Koch Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I was going to post before the game that Connor's shot in warmups looked good. Unfortunately I may as well be on the moon when trying to connect to cyberspace in Koch Arena.

When I was watching him pregame, he missed six of seven. I told my son-in-law Conner would shave a bust-out game
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      This needs Benny Hill music.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

UCONN, a team with a recent Natty, looked like a Valley team that was beat before they got of the bus. Good on our squad to give them no reason to doubt they were right.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Is this the shortest game thread EVER? It usually takes me hours to read through 20 pages when I get home from CKA.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I mentioned that to my brother. BTW, a shutout to ShockdaWorld for the parking lot ticket handoff. A great time was had by all. Good to see the Shocks firing on all cylinders.
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                              ShockdaWorld commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Haha. That was pretty slick. Glad you guys had fun.
                          Working...
                          X