No announcement yet.

WSU at Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing to note: every American team has no doubt shared their scouts of the Shocks with each other. So the new guy is taking his lumps. Let's see what happens where we roll back around. We're still good enough to be in second place of this multi bud conference (4 or 5 bids).

Comment

• 3 bids, hopefully

Comment

• The problem is, WSU has had slow starts and unimpressive performances all season, and it seems they’ve learn absolutely zero from them at times.

Why will this loss and subpar performance be any difference? Would LOVE to be proven wrong.

EDIT: I know we all still love this team/program and will root for them until the end, but it is frustrating seeing the same issues over and over again.
        Last edited by Shock Top; February 2, 2018, 01:41 PM.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
          Another thing to note: every American team has no doubt shared their scouts of the Shocks with each other.
          Really?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            Not as big as Watergate, but shocking, none the less.

• ShockAzs
            ShockAzs commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, nobody mentioned it lately, so I thought I'd throw that in there. Hopefully it calms the waters a tad, backs people away from the ledge, so to speak.

• My immediate post-game reaction...

Thankfully, the sun came up again this morning...

Last edited by WstateU; February 2, 2018, 04:18 PM.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Another thing to note: every American team has no doubt shared their scouts of the Shocks with each other. So the new guy is taking his lumps. Let's see what happens where we roll back around. We're still good enough to be in second place of this multi bud conference (4 or 5 bids).
              Well, second time around with Houston turned out worst than the first. They made the changes, between meetings, to completely disrupt our game. As far as scouting, there isn't much to scout. Our offense hasn't changed much for quite awhile. Our problem is we're not "scouting" others well..and not executing our own plan.

Comment

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think our scout is so bad, it's our inability to make in-game adjustments

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• El_Wu
                El_Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m sorry but if New Mexico would play us. We would destroy them. Don’t worry about them. Support your team. Through the good and bad. The WAC conference is week and you know it.

• Rlh04d
                Rlh04d commented
                Editing a comment
                Of course we would destroy them. The point is how much Jans' coaching has already improved the program. He can't dramatically change the talent level over night, but he can improve the coaching. And yes, his excellent coaching work so far is related to our decline in coaching.

• There is a reason we are starting to recruit better players. Let’s face it we didn’t start the conference with top recruited players. That is changing in the next rotation. I had a feeling we were not going to be the tops dogs in this league starting off. And I was really hoping that every shocker fan understood that. The reality is that with the player we got I’m surprised that we are second in the league. We should be proud of that. Marshall will figure this out. And he will watch some film and realize that he can’t be a TO hoarder. He likes the player to figure things out. Especially under pressure. The reality is we are going to the dance. We just have to stay in either 2 or third. If anybody thought that Temple was going to be easy. You better start realizing that this is a thought conference. Every game should be a threat. Stats doesn’t matter ppl. If a team has an off night you will lose. We all know how are players are. And some nights we will not get the W. It’s a fact now. So to say that some of the players did not make any effort is bunch of bull. They give it all they got. And sometimes that darn ball won’t go in. Dang it.

Comment

• Can we stop saying we don't have players good enough to compete in this league? Some of these guys were important in our wins over Arizona, Vanderbilt, Dayton, KU, etc. Same roster lost to Kentucky by 3 points with 3 NBA first round draft picks. Our problem isn't that our players lack skill.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Wu View Post
                  There is a reason we are starting to recruit better players. Let’s face it we didn’t start the conference with top recruited players. That is changing in the next rotation. I had a feeling we were not going to be the tops dogs in this league starting off. And I was really hoping that every shocker fan understood that. The reality is that with the player we got I’m surprised that we are second in the league. We should be proud of that. Marshall will figure this out. And he will watch some film and realize that he can’t be a TO hoarder. He likes the player to figure things out. Especially under pressure. The reality is we are going to the dance. We just have to stay in either 2 or third. If anybody thought that Temple was going to be easy. You better start realizing that this is a thought conference. Every game should be a threat. Stats doesn’t matter ppl. If a team has an off night you will lose. We all know how are players are. And some nights we will not get the W. It’s a fact now. So to say that some of the players did not make any effort is bunch of bull. They give it all they got. And sometimes that darn ball won’t go in. Dang it.
                  When someone infers that we don’t have much talent on the roster this year, I start to wonder about them.

We have two guys who will at least probably get a cup of coffee in the NBA, and something like half-a-dozen more that were on at least one Top 100 list out of HS, or AA out of JC. Solid P5 and BE offers abound.

The last recruiting class was unarguably Marshall’s best, but it’s not like the current roster is chopped mid-major liver.

The problem ain’t talent, and the AAC ain’t the B10; we just aren’t playing for s*** right now.
                  Last edited by SHOCKvalue; February 2, 2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Another thing to note: every American team has no doubt shared their scouts of the Shocks with each other. So the new guy is taking his lumps. Let's see what happens where we roll back around. We're still good enough to be in second place of this multi bud conference (4 or 5 bids).
                    No, yes, and no

Comment

• The players are playing hard. Those who say otherwise look at results instead of what caused them.

Comment

• asiseeit
                        asiseeit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Again, we agree ! I have confidence that the players and coaches are all working their
                        butts off. We are not the only high ranking program going through some bumps. Can't
                        wait until Tuesday night. The only thing that matters is the end result come March.

• pinstripers
                        pinstripers commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We got out-toughed at Temple. That won't do.

• There are a good number of comments that one can just not know, and therefore in my opinion, futile to discuss. For example, the repeated comments about no in game adjustments not being made is an unknown unless you are an insider that is listening to what is happening on the bench or Asst. Coaches not doing a good job is an unknown that really is a useless debate and facts just cannot be known. It is an opinion that is baseless. So if you say it, fine, but it doesn't make you smart.

Timeouts being called by GM can be debated. He didn't call some timeouts when he could have. The unknown is whether a called timeout would have changed anything, one cannot know. However, in my opinion, that is a fair debate. Whether he left some of the bench players who haven't been consistent contributors, in the game too long during the second half when we lost the lead, is a occurrence that is a fair debate. Therefore, some facts are debatable. Another debatable fact is that Landry has had more turnovers this year than last. Is it because he is facing better competition, and bigger Point Guards more often? Maybe but this is a fact. It is also a fact that our guards aren't shooting as good as they were earlier in the year. Those are facts.

I will give you a fact that we do know. The called play at the end of overtime, was a great play and MM was open for the easiest of 3 point shots at the top of the key. It would have won the game, but he didn't make it. I have wondered whether a different player to shoot that shot would have been better. The problem with that is that CF in the corner and AR in the opposite corner was a part of the play. But facts are that was a great play which got a REALLY GOOD SHOT in the hands of a good outside shooter. The final observation is that of course, shots don't always go in but the fact stands that IT was a really good play.

Comment

• The Zach Brown corner shot also could have won the game. While not the best person you want shooting the ball, the corner 3 is probably his best shot.

Comment

Working...
                        X