Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which players are playing over/below your expectations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which players are playing over/below your expectations?

My pick is an obvious one, McDuffie.

I started to say McDuffie, but I'll give him some leeway up to now. He does need to step it up. As I've seen these other guards, Young, Gray, Brown up at K State, and how they push their teams, I think LS is below my expectations. I don't know the why of how he is currently playing, but his level isn't up to all American levels.

Comment

• FadedCrown
      FadedCrown commented
      Editing a comment
      May I note, Shamet's overall offensive rating is up from last year, but his offensive rating in MVC play was 144.3, and in the AAC this year, it is 124.9.

McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie

Offensive rating way down from last year, even just slightly below his Freshman year. TO rate has been terrible. 3-pt shooting has been poor. Seems out of control most of the time.

I expected to be watching a guy fighting for a NBA draft spot. Instead, he looks like 3rd team all MVC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie McDuffie

Offensive rating way down from last year, even just slightly below his Freshman year. TO rate has been terrible. 3-pt shooting has been poor. Seems out of control most of the time.

I expected to be watching a guy fighting for a NBA draft spot. Instead, he looks like 3rd team all MVC.
      I think that's a bit harsh on McDuffie. The turnovers are a problem, and I think that will get corrected, but every other area is better or inline with one we expect. He's increased his rebound rate, which was already good for his size/position, his assist rate is a shade below last year, but better than his freshman year, his defensive metrics are right inline with expectations, and his EFG and TS are a shade down but not dramatically so. The O-rating decrease is entirely off the back of turnovers, and it's not like historically he has been turnover prone, his TO rate was 3rd on the team last year behind Landry and Connor(who I'm still not convinced isn't a ball protection robot).

Comment

Zach Brown and it's not close for me

Comment

I think Rauno has been a pleasant surprise.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Turnovers.... Everyone below!!!
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

There aren't entire players' games I disappointed with, but there are aspects that I have been disappointed in. 1. Shaq's rebounding, he's a 6'8 monster and he rebounds nothing like it. One could argue he doesn't get d-rebs because he's the rim protector(I don't entirely buy that), but his o-reb rate is bad(only better than AR, Connor, Landry and SHJ among rotation players bad). 2. Landry's inconsistent defense, he can be a great defender, but it comes and goes a lot. 3. McDuffie's TO's but I really think this will change. 4. Darryl still doesn't use his right hand.

Comment

Shaq gets my underperforming vote and it's not close. When he's engaged, he can be an absolute unstoppable force...problem is we don't see that Shaq as often as it should be!

Comment

John Robert Simon has really disappointed me this season. Hasn’t even seen any minutes yet.

i know I’ve seen Zach Bush on the court though. Glad to see he’s still producing. Really slimmed down during the off-season too. Great work Zach

Comment

Over my expectations: Conner - I have been very low on him. But his ability to do more than just be a streaky shooter has exceeded my expectations. Proud of him.
                    Under my expectations: Shaq - This may not be his fault entirely, but I had way high expectations for him, as he looks as though he's lost weight. He hasn't been anywhere near my expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
                      Under my expectations: Shaq - This may not be his fault entirely, but I had way high expectations for him, as he looks as though he's lost weight. He hasn't been anywhere near my expectations.
                      you went so far to call yourself Shaqness, expectations were too high to start, LOL. Now you're stuck with that name.

Comment

• Shaqness
                        Shaqness commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL.I most certainly am stuck with it. I'll deal with it. He's still one of my favorites.

Over - Rauno and occasionally Frankamp
                      Under - Yes

Comment

I have always found that if you have low expectations you are seldom disappointed.

Comment

• pie n eye
                          pie n eye commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Particularly smart when dealing with things you have no control over. Like how a bunch of college kids perform on the court. Avoiding impotent rage is usually a positive.

Although I go the no expectations route rather than low because I don’t like to sell these guys short. Rather just watch and see what happens. Also-easier said than done.

What a great thread. We need so many more like this. I've noticed who is posting in this thread. That was pretty predictable.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                        X