Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which players are playing over/below your expectations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faded Crown is my vote for poster posting well below even low expectations.

That is all
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• FadedCrown
      FadedCrown commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like the rest of this board is quietly agreeing with you.

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      FadedCrown ... No, we aren't.

• FadedCrown
      FadedCrown commented
      Editing a comment
      Kung Wu Good to hear

I would probably say that Billy Preston has exceeded my expectations.

You know, because he actually got caught, got in trouble and they weren’t able to manufacture a way to sweep it under the Rug (pun intended) and get him playing. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen that at a blue blood before. :)

Comment

Has anybody said Marshall yet. Maybe I’ll go find that old “Fire Marshal” thread to liven up the board

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        What a great thread. We need so many more like this. I've noticed who is posting in this thread. That was pretty predictable.
        Did you include yourself?

Comment

Instead of bitching, I am going to laud SJH. I was not expecting a last minute add to contribute in such a fashion. AM gets a pass because it takes time to transition from the euro game.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

I think that's a bit harsh on McDuffie. The turnovers are a problem, and I think that will get corrected, but every other area is better or inline with one we expect. He's increased his rebound rate, which was already good for his size/position, his assist rate is a shade below last year, but better than his freshman year, his defensive metrics are right inline with expectations, and his EFG and TS are a shade down but not dramatically so. The O-rating decrease is entirely off the back of turnovers, and it's not like historically he has been turnover prone, his TO rate was 3rd on the team last year behind Landry and Connor(who I'm still not convinced isn't a ball protection robot).
            Maybe all true but McDuffie doesn't pass the eye test. Watch him play ... his drive and determination are sub par. I'm not one to pick apart the metrics but my feel is that a lot of what he gets comes in garbage time. He has been back a month, he should take over games. He has a gift.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              Fishmongers are people too. lol We'll keep an eye on it.

• ShockerFever
              ShockerFever commented
              Editing a comment
              Check out his post history. He doesn’t even hide it.
              Sorry but this one is as obvious as pie.

• SHOCKvalue
              SHOCKvalue commented
              Editing a comment
              What would be sweet is if when said fishmonger posts a sub-comment, that it at least has a bit of context to the post being responded to.

That would be cool.

Not going to comment on the below individually. Most are performing about where I expected to a little
            below and a couple noticeably below. RN has played well most of the time I just wish that all of our
            centers posted up more ( and received good entry passes ) for them to go to work and aggressively take
            it to the rim. CF has out performed with respect to turnovers Overall, as a team, it just seems as
            though the defense has been softer and less intense around the perimeter. Outside shooting and
            interior defense has been pretty good. I'd like to see quicker ball movement around the perimeter and
            inside out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

That is all
              Shock, PM sent back to you. Dickhead.

Comment

That is all
                At least you're still meeting expectations. Down at the very bottom of the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

At least you're still meeting expectations. Down at the very bottom of the barrel.
                  Dickhead #2.

That is all.

Comment

• ShockerPhi
                    ShockerPhi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Woo! Made the list!

Well that escalated quickly.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• ShockerEngineer
                    ShockerEngineer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can hardly even tell what everyone is arguing about anymore. It just kind of all runs together.

Dickhead #2.

That is all.
                  Takes one to know one.

Going for #3.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

This is getting good.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

Takes one to know one.

Going for #3.

Comment

My 2 cents:

Shaq ......is playing at or above expectations....offensively and defensively. Our upside is better with him in the game.

Landry...... is playing at or above expectations on both ends of the floor but recently has more turnovers than I would like but I think that comes from trying to do to much. I would love to see him attack the basket like FVV did from time to time to make the defense respect his drive, if the defense recovers kick it out to CF, or Reeves for the 3 ball.

Rashard ......has performed so much better defensively and being the windex guy that we need. Offensively he is steady...not stellar.

Rauno......is playing avg. Not great. Avg. As my son says his best move is low block...catch dribble right spin left hand lay in.

ZB......is playing avg. I love the but still waiting to see a spectacular game. His defense is what we need most.

Willis.....is a jekyl n Hyde. One game he looks amazing, the next he looks pedestrian. I love the left hand he provides when he is on. Inconsistent.

Connor......he seems to me like he is a momentum guy....if we have momentum he really hunts his shot. If we don't have momentum it's a struggle. But regardless I love his play and his abilities to bury a team in a hurry. He is playing about how I expected. At expectations.

Reeves.....this kid just lays it on the line. I loved his first 5 minutes against Arkansas State. I think he's capable of doing that every night. Maybe start him over Frankamp and bring Frankamp in off the bench. Above expectations.

SHJ.....love his athletic ability. In my opinion he is the wildcard. We need his slashy, slithery, athletic ability to drive the ball more often. I would say at expectations....but has ability for so much more.

McDuffie.....love this guy but so far he's not even close to where he was last year. Being out for so long really hurt his flow of the game.

CJ.....just haven't seen enough of him to make a fair evaluation.

All in all....our Shox are fine...need to keep grinding.
                        Don't sweat the petty things .....and.....don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                        X