Gregg Marshall Show - 01/22/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    One of the fine posters on this board used to breakdown the combinations of on the court groups and list their +/- after each game. That was intriguing information I thought.
    Thanks, I did that. The format of the stats kept changing each year and then one or two of the games came up missing. If I have time to re-write the program, I may try to do it again as it seems that the format is more constant now.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Morris
      Kelly
      McDuffie
      Frankamp
      Shamet

Willis for Kelly
      Nurger for Morris
      Brown for McDuffie
      Reaves for Frankamp (move Shamet to the two)
      Reaves for Shamet (with Conner at the two)

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Obviously not there for practice, so no clue what’s going on there, but I’d like to see Landry, Conner, Austin, Rashard, Shaq. That way you could bring in Zach and Duff at the 3 and 4 and not lose much offense. Of course that also has both of what many think of our best defenders on the bench...pick your poison I guess.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• A lineup I would like to see is:
          Shamet
          Reaves
          McDuffie
          Nurger
          Morris

Each can contribute on offense and defense.

Comment

• AndShock
            AndShock commented
            Editing a comment
            We would get absolutely shredded by teams with 4s and 5s that can shoot the 3. We need Kelly, Brown, or McDuffie at the 4, imo.

• Jhook89
            Jhook89 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree that there will be teams with athletic 4’s where this line up would not be ideal, but there would also teams this lineup would thrive against. Other teams would have to respect his shot, so he could really open the lane for us. Yes he would struggle to guard the 3 line, but the rest of his defensive game is pretty good.

• I'm for any lineup that will take care of the ball. Bone headed, unnecessary turnovers are the biggest weakness of this team. And they all do it.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• shocks02
            shocks02 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think Frankamp would argue this one with you

• Here are some ratings for our 11 main players sorted by BPM (Box Plus/Minus).

Player PER OWS DWS WS WS/40 OBPM DBPM BPM
          Landry Shamet 23.6 2.5 0.9 3.4 .234 8.8 0.4 9.3
          Rashard Kelly 17.4 0.9 0.9 1.8 .161 3.3 5.4 8.8
          Austin Reaves 15.8 0.8 0.6 1.4 .163 4.2 2.7 6.9
          Shaquille Morris 22.9 1.0 0.9 1.9 .189 1.2 5.6 6.8
          Zach Brown 10.9 0.5 0.7 1.2 .120 2.7 3.6 6.3
          Conner Frankamp 18.2 1.4 0.6 2.1 .190 5.5 0.1 5.6
          Rauno Nurger 18.1 0.8 0.5 1.4 .177 3.2 1.8 5.0
          Markis McDuffie 18.9 0.2 0.3 0.5 .158 1.8 2.4 4.2
          C.J. Keyser 9.8 0.1 0.1 0.2 .114 0.0 2.6 2.6
          Darral Willis Jr. 21.3 0.9 0.7 1.6 .173 0.7 1.5 2.2
          Samajae Haynes-Jones 16.6 0.5 0.3 0.8 .147 1.4 -0.8 0.5
          Provided by CBB at Sports Reference: View Original Table
          Generated 1/24/2018.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
            1979Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Click on View Original Table, then hover over each heading.
            Last edited by 1979Shocker; January 24, 2018, 07:13 PM.

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            This table don't seem to like Duff much.

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            MM has limited gamesand naturally started very slow after sitting our for almost three months. It will take awhile for him to get where he needs to be and that shouldn't be held against him at this point.

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
          I'm for any lineup that will take care of the ball. Bone headed, unnecessary turnovers are the biggest weakness of this team. And they all do it.
          I'll take turnovers for a close 2nd when including the defense.

Comment

• and free throws.... practice please! you saw how oklahoma attacked KU yesterday and KU couldn't make a free throw to save their lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              and free throws.... practice please! you saw how oklahoma attacked KU yesterday and KU couldn't make a free throw to save their lives.
              Are you assuming everyone on here watched the KU game? That's ok. SN is pretty shameless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaqness View Post

Are you assuming everyone on here watched the KU game? That's ok. SN is pretty shameless.
                Actually we watched the OU game to see how one of our non con opponents was doing since that affects our SOS.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• WheatShock
                  WheatShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is there a reason we shouldn't hate KU?

They ONLY tried to destroy our alma mater and have treated us like we're some piece of trash in the gutter the last few decades. I'll happily cheer for ANYTHING that doesn't go KU's way.

• Shaqness
                  Shaqness commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You and I share rooting against KU. And don't get me wrong, I have posted my KU jabs on the game of interest thread as well. But I don't have a massive hard on for them like you and other shocker "fans" do. Add in that you and every other SN on here thinks that a new poster who criticizes WSU must be a beaker troll. You have KU on the brain, buddy.

• Walker
                  Walker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There's actually been some new posters on here lately that are actually pretty good, and don't get accused of being KU trolls like you did Shaqness. The key to their success is not acting like a complete tool.

• If there was a filter on here that disabled any post by Shaqness that had the stand-alone letters “KU” in it, this forum would be much more readable.

I feel confident saying there’s not another poster on here that mentions KU more than Shaqness, and I’m thankful for that bit of irony.

Comment

• Shaqness
                  Shaqness commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's pretty rich.

no, but im sure they read twitter, or espn, or anything else as a premiere team from WSU's non-con was battling a team ranked in the top 5.

They also probably heard about a certain coach not able to make adjustments.

Comment

• For having a guy blocked I sure have to read a lot of his KU loving B.S. on here. Wish that filter would get fixed.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                    For having a guy blocked I sure have to read a lot of his KU loving B.S. on here. Wish that filter would get fixed.
                    The level of irony on this is amazing.

Comment

The level of irony on this is amazing.
                      You seem pretty bothered by all of this.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                      X