Wichita State @ Houston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

It was only a stress fracture, so not really broken.
    A fracture is a break. They are the same.
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• I was at the game today. Don't recall anyone so thoroughly beating us like that in a long long time. I've noticed a trend with Landry lately... he's just too content to defer to everyone else in the first half. I don't think he scored in the first half and not sure he even took a shot. He needs to force the action a little more at the start of the game.

The only "bright spot" I found was that McDuffie finally started playing better the last 5 minutes of the game. I think we start him over Zach next game and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
        Kelly says they are all pissed.
        I hope so.
        Shouldn't they have been pissed after the SMU game?

Houston was extremely beatable today and they crapped the bed big time.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post

The only "bright spot" I found was that McDuffie finally started playing better the last 5 minutes of the game. I think we start him over Zach next game and see what happens.
          Ain't gonna happen. Gregg is stubborn and doesn't like change. Plus, he's loyal to the death.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 32.8% from the field? Is Houston's D that good? We held them to 43.3% and still got humbled. Pitiful.

Comment

• actually, the shockers outrebounded houston, a good rebounding team, so the effort was there. it was the execution on offense that was lacking. bricked layups? that old thing again? **** those should have been dunks.

Comment

• I can't put my finger on the actual issue, but this team has several major problems. I only hope 3G figures it out quickly or this season could be in trouble. There sure doesn't appear to be any leadership on the floor.

Comment

• PLEASE READ! i could not! find one because all others are covers so i did this:D hope you enjoy it:) (i do not own this in any way. The audio and the lyrics ...

Comment

• I'm sure it's been said but I really feel bad for Zach Brown and his large contingent at the game. He was plagued by foul trouble and was only able to muster 8 mins and a single shot. The one opportunity to play in his hometown and the whole team's effort was subpar. Time to move on and regroup though. There will be sunnier days ahead. Hopefully there will be a trip to Dallas in March for many of the TX faithful.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                    X