No announcement yet.

Wichita State @ Houston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like a couple others I picked us to lose. We are just out of sync and not playing with any energy.
    It's hard to play 4 on 5 offensively when the other team can ignore one wing, sag and double the
    ball handlers. You can see GM trying some different things but none are working..........yet. Today,
    we just didn't have any energy and none of our perimeter players could shoot and Houston is
    too good to beat with poor shooting and 18 turnovers. Although I predicted a loss today I also said
    it would be the bottom for us this season. I think we win at least five of the next six maybe all six.

Comment

• I just wanna take the time to thank the moderation for axing the trolls that were due to pop up today in a quick manner. Thank you.

Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I’m still in melt down mode. It feels like the sky is falling.

Comment

• I'veeen worse times. much worse times. I have said it before in 3G we trust
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Looks like someone went into overreaction mode real quick. My goodness.
            That guy is a dip**** who has had it our for Marshall since he got here. He’s friends with and/or connected to some former players which is why he pretends to have a vested interest in Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

That guy is a dip**** who has had it our for Marshall since he got here. He’s friends with and/or connected to some former players which is why he pretends to have a vested interest in Wichita State.
              Getting bent out of shape over twitter comments is a really good sign that you should probably log off of twitter.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Getting bent out of shape over twitter comments is a really good sign that you should probably log off of twitter.
                lol it’s not that comment and I am far from triggered. That guy has a history. Just trying to inform people who are unaware.

Comment

• That was some uninspired basketball in Houston today. Pivotal.

Comment

• We cant win going 4-20 from 3. And obviously turning the ball over 18 times....

Shamet needs more shots early in the game to get things going. I know its kinda cool to romp people with him scoring 2 points, but not getting him shots is like dying in the desert of thirst with a full canteen. He is our best player and we need him to score.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• man, you just knew that a coach like kelvin sampson was going to have his defense ramped up this time around. of course the shockers/coaches knew that too.. didn't they??

but the shockers couldn't grind one out. 'didn't know how to. bricked layups sure won't get it done.. that's mid-major stuff.

Comment

• Kelly says they are all pissed.
                        I hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                          Kelly says they are all pissed.
                          I hope so.
                          Good. Let's see how they respond. Hopefully they are more resilient than our fellow shocker netters! (Yes, myself included)

Comment

• Shaq wasnt angry getting owned inside over and over again.

Landry wasnt pissed when Rob Gray embarrassed him.

You know the only people I saw pissed? Houston. On every possession. And Austin Reeves. That dude is playing some defense. If he only had some help.

Conner also showed some aggression. Driving around defenders over committing. But he got hammered a couple times with no call.

Speaking of hammered, McDuffie got hit hard on his airball. We heard it at the other end of the court. Apparently at that point in the game the officials were more worried about feet than hands. ****Before I het accused of making excuses, fouls were like 10-4 in our favor. ***

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post

Good. Let's see how they respond. Hopefully they are more resilient than our fellow shocker netters! (Yes, myself included)
                              Guess we will see. 2 games behind Cincy...gonna be tough to overcome.

More importantly, don't want to free fall in seeding. Gotta stop the bleeding.

We will see how they respond
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                                I’m still in melt down mode. It feels like the sky is falling.
                                I felt that way too earlier but the more basketball I watch, I can’t help but notice that we’re not the only good team in the country hitting a rough patch. Of course we’re definitely playing in a way that’s uncharacteristic of Shocker basketball and back to back losses in conference play is a rarity for us but I can’t help but feel we’re going to come out better for this in the long run. Plenty of time for this team to find its identity again.

Comment

• El_Wu
                                  El_Wu commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yes you are absolutely correct. We have hit a rough patch. But like the Jamaicans say. “There is no problems, there is only a situation.” I believe that what ever funk we are in we will find our mojo back.

• Walker
                                  Walker commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yeah mon!
                              Working...
                              X