The Slow Death of Gameday Atmosphere at CKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    As I'm watching games today (currently the Duke-UVA game), I see that every venue has replay that they show on the video board that includes questionable foul calls and everything, not just home team scoring plays.

Can somebody explain to me why that is never utilized at Koch?
    That may be the most important enhancement of all that they could implement. It's sorely needed.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Someone could even sponser it ;)
      The Assman

Comment

• It would only be fitting it it were sponsored by shockernet.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          It would only be fitting it it were sponsored by shockernet.
          Hey, Kung Wu. How's that petty cash box lookin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Hey, Kung Wu. How's that petty cash box lookin'.
            Let me count letters: "This replay brought to you by Shockernet!" 41. But I think they throw the exclamation mark in free, so that's 40. Hmm, looks like the most we could afford is "This!"
            Last edited by Kung Wu; January 28, 2018, 04:17 AM.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• ShockerPhi
              ShockerPhi commented
              Editing a comment
              Just make a banner at the top that says "SHOCKERNET REPLAY".

There, I just slashed the cost dramatically.

• I think bringing back the "Shock-O-Meter" just before the teams start play again after a TO would help a lot. The crowd always seemed to respond to that thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
              I think bringing back the "Shock-O-Meter" just before the teams start play again after a TO would help a lot. The crowd always seemed to respond to that thing.
              I like this idea, but would like it better if they did it at the beginning of the timeout if the other team was trying to stop momentum.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

I like this idea, but would like it better if they did it at the beginning of the timeout if the other team was trying to stop momentum.
                How about both? The one at the end of the timeout could include as a "target" or "gold" the highest point on the meter at the beginning of the timeout. Of course, that is pretty sophisticated stuff for the fake meter we were used to seeing.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• IIRC, the meter was a functional thing, before it became sponsored by Living Sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    I'm waiting for the Tulsa game on Sunday to see if they do the Hurricane Sports Grill promo.
                    They did. smh
                    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Game production has been wayyyy better lately.

Comment

• Meh... seemed to be a bit of a return to the mean, IMO. Still better, but a ways to go.

Comment

• It was much better than the SMU game.

Comment

Working...
                          X