No announcement yet.

The Slow Death of Gameday Atmosphere at CKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They’ve moved up a notch in my book. That puts them at Notch 1.
    The Assman

Comment

• Enter Sandman!!!!! How awesome was that? I wish that was our starting lineup song.

Comment

• That was loads better than it's been for years. If anyone in charge of that decision is reading this board, thank you! Keep up the good work.
        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• I agree the student section needs to be more alive. They represent the school and should be more lively. I like watching all types of sports. And i would love to see the student section act like this. https://youtu.be/n0vp2RAFL6c Imagine cheering and standing for the whole game. Or when a big play has happened please have the entire CKA do the wave.

Comment

• definitely a move in the right direction!

Comment

• Some are complaining that it was too loud. Screw them.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                Editing a comment
                A decent human being can disagree with those people, but a decent human being doesn’t say what you just did.

• pinstripers
                pinstripers commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh dear, someone is offended.

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Some are complaining that it was too loud. Screw them.
              Those people can take their books with them across the street to the public library and veg out.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Agreed. In my row, 29, I actually could hear things properly. It could be louder. I am NOT in this camp.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I agree that the sound and music was much, much better last night.

Comment

• Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• If you're at a Shocker game, your ears SHOULD be bleeding!

Comment

I heard that too ....

Comment

• As I'm watching games today (currently the Duke-UVA game), I see that every venue has replay that they show on the video board that includes questionable foul calls and everything, not just home team scoring plays.

Can somebody explain to me why that is never utilized at Koch?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            As I'm watching games today (currently the Duke-UVA game), I see that every venue has replay that they show on the video board that includes questionable foul calls and everything, not just home team scoring plays.

Another thing I’ve talked about for years. It’s weak minded.

They must hate any controversy at all. Similar to why they only do pre-screened Twitter questions on the coach’s show now, or why the radio crew never has any criticism ever. You don’t want them to rake players/coachs over the coals, sure, but they should hold everyone accountable.

Sorry for the tangent, they just seem relatable to me.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              As I'm watching games today (currently the Duke-UVA game), I see that every venue has replay that they show on the video board that includes questionable foul calls and everything, not just home team scoring plays.

Fev, I thought they did use it a few times this year, but you're absolutely right. It needs to be used. This would be another fan enhancement.

Comment

Working...
                              X