No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Houston Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell there are a lot of teams playing four guards.

Comment

Michael Young 71
      Aubrey Sherrod 78

Comment

Can't deny that we beat UCONN by 10, but we got some very cheap buckets at the end cause they were going all out to try and tie the game.

Playing at home will definitely help so I'm thinking we win by as few as 9 and by as many as 14.

Comment

• Steeleshocker
          Steeleshocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Likewise we missed a bunch of free throws we normally make. I expect that to improve at home. Will be interesting to see if Houston goes zone as well.

We're not in the MVC anymore. I expect a very tough, competitive game versus Houston and think their 3 pt shooting will hurt us like several other games in which our defense hasn't been able to keep the opponent from tossing up an inordinate number of treys. But I believe we'll prevail although it will be a close fought game and won't be a blow out like we were accustomed to in the Valley.

Comment

This has the makings of a tough game, Sampson has Houston playing some good basketball. We need to bring our A game Thursday. Hoping to see our Bigs establish themselves and take alittle pressure off our guards to do all the scoring. Shocks by 10, 84-74.

Comment

I'll just say this. If we play the way we did against California, SDSU, Arkansas State, FGCU, or UConn we lose this one going away. I'm hopeful that a less rusty McDuffie will help us get over the hump, but to be honest I've thought we would turn it for a while now and it didn't happen. I thought the win over Baylor would continue into solid play against SDSU. I thought we'd get up for and beat Oklahoma. I thought we'd take revenge after Oklahoma and beat up Arkansas State. I thought that getting kicked in the face in the first half vs Arkansas State would spur a solid first half against FGCU. I thought we'd come focused and play great basketball to open up play in our new conference.

At this point, I'm not so sure the "real" team is hiding behind the blinds, waiting to come out and play great basketball. Still some reason to hope, but they better appear real quick or we will lose our accumulated good graces (ie, being the highest 2 loss team in the polls).

Comment

Maybe I’m more optimistic some. Maybe I have more faith in McDuffie than some. I’m not ready to step up and say he’s better or more valuable than Shamet, but he’s probably the most athletic player on the team (excluding CJ). His unique combo of height and length causes problems on both ends of the court. He led the team in points, rebounds, steals, and free throw attempts last year. Getting him to 20+ minutes a game changes things for us.

I don’t think Houston is as battle tested as their record states. Big home win against Arkansas, close road lose to LSU who was throttled by Notre Dame and also lost to Marquette in Maui. This has got to be our week.

Calling my shot...McDuffie plays 25+ minutes and we win 87-66.

Comment

The Shocks have missed too many easy shots inside lately. Teams like Houston that are used to winning can make lots of points in a hurry when they get hot on the 3-pointers. Thus, this would be an ideal game for the Shocks to convert more of the easier shots inside they have struggled with some lately. Once this occurs, our guards should be more open for some uncontested 3's.

Speaking of the 3 point makes, one of these home games remaining I am thinking our Shocks will get so hot on 3's that we will break a team record? Maybe this game?
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shockers get back to playing Shocker basketball.

Shockers 86
                  Houston 62

Comment

This is the game. Whatever the line is (I think it will be Wichita State -7), load up on the Shockers. I see the Shox steamrolling in their first AAC home-game.

21st and Hillside - 88
                    Mercury Cougars - 69

I'll be at the game with my wife and dad! Don't know why I'm telling you all this, but my wife and I love going to these games. We've only been married for 6 months, and with graduate school, we are pinching pennies... The student tickets are a God-send, and we end up making each home-game a date night. I think we will look back fondly on these days.

Let's go, Shox!

Comment

• ShockerPhi
                      ShockerPhi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I too got married before graduating (undergrad) and made my K-State-grad wife a big WSU basketball fan. They are indeed my fondest memories as well.

At this point the Shocks have not given fans any reason to expect that his game will be other than very competitive and close. The Shockers have played a tougher schedule this year with and SOS of 33 compared to and SOS of 155 for Houston. However, Houston is 3-0 in their Top 50 RPI games. They had an impressive 91-65 home win over #5 Arkansas, a 70-59 neutral court win over #45 Providence and their 76-73 home win over #27 Temple.

I hope you guys picking the Shocks by 20 are right but that would be very surprising to me. I'll take any win at this point. Would like to see the Shocks put togehther more of a complete game and get closer to running on all cylinders. Markis may play more than he has but I still see him finding his sea legs and his offensive game but defensively he can be very valuable.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 2, 2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Anyone know what our home winning streak is not counting the Intrust games? Or any other home stats not counting Intrust (like last 100 home games)?

just curious

Comment

I predict Zach Brown is going to take a 3 pointer and I'm gonna cringe.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Bluzrover
                          Bluzrover commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And Darral Willis will get the ball and NOT pass to an open man.

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think Darral is a little better this year about giving the ball up. Trouble is when he gets the ball most of his teammates are reflexively going to the boards leaving fewer options for Darral to pass to.

• shock
                          shock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Even a brick gets laid at least once.

Game will be close. Hopefully Houston does not 3 bomb us to death. Interested to see Rob Gray for a full game. Shox by 5

Comment

They whooped Arkansas by 26. Houston is very capable of whooping our butt too, but just not at our place. We will win by a margin anywhere from 3 to 19 points, it's so difficult to make predictions on this year's team.

Comment

Working...
                          X