WSU Versus Houston Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I predict Zach Brown is going to take a 3 pointer and I'm gonna cringe.
    Just dribbling into traffic can get me cringing.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
      ShockingButTrue commented
      Editing a comment
      Yet he stays in the game.

Originally posted by GoShox View Post
    Anyone know what our home winning streak is not counting the Intrust games? Or any other home stats not counting Intrust (like last 100 home games)?

just curious
    Northern Iowa beat us at CKA on Feb. 13, 2016, which was our last home loss. So our current win streak at CKA is 24.

Comment

• GoShox
      GoShox commented
      Editing a comment
      Got a response from Taylor:

“According to WSU SID Bryan Holmgren, WSU has won 65 of last 66 at Koch Arena and have won 25 in a row.“

I'm definitely in the minority thinking this is going to be a blowout. Houston is much better then South Dakota St, FGCU, Arkansas St and UConn and those were all extremely tight until the end.

Comment

The offensive numbers look to favor Houston, except for shooting percentages and turnovers; the defensive stats are overwhelmingly in WSU's favor -- Houston has 11 defensive rankings of 300+.

Houston.png
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
        I'm definitely in the minority thinking this is going to be a blowout. Houston is much better then South Dakota St, FGCU, Arkansas St and UConn and those were all extremely tight until the end.
        I don't think I would say Houston is much better than all those teams. I think SD St would give them a run for their money. They've been terribly inconsistent and everyone is scared of them because they got hot and shot the lights out one time.

We should respect them and they might even get lucky, but we should absolutely win this game.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          I predict Zach Brown is going to take a 3 pointer and I'm gonna cringe.
          I love you fever. Just a couple of days ago I told my sweet wife that it is time for Zack to stop shooting three balls.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Super weird, random, and likely meaningless stat of the day:

Zach Brown is a career 32.3% 3PT shooter. Pretty poor, not yikes! bad.

In low-level games, he is 40/141 = 28.4% (yikes! bad)
            In Tier B games, he is 17/48 = 35.4% (I'll take this from a defensive stopper)
            In Tier A games, he is 23/59 = 38.9% (All day)

WSU has 7 Tier A and 2 Tier B games left on the regular season schedule. I may be left holding the bag in 2 months, but I'm going to buy again; what I'm assuming is all the remaining Zach Brown stock.

Comment

"Peerless Princess of the Plains." - 85
              “Cougarless Town” - 70

:poster_wu:

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                Super weird, random, and likely meaningless stat of the day:

Zach Brown is a career 32.3% 3PT shooter. Pretty poor, not yikes! bad.

In low-level games, he is 40/141 = 28.4% (yikes! bad)
                In Tier B games, he is 17/48 = 35.4% (I'll take this from a defensive stopper)
                In Tier A games, he is 23/59 = 38.9% (All day)

WSU has 7 Tier A and 2 Tier B games left on the regular season schedule. I may be left holding the bag in 2 months, but I'm going to buy again; what I'm assuming is all the remaining Zach Brown stock.
                Interesting stat. However, what is more predictive Zach's career stats or his current season stats? This year Zach is 8 for 31 for 25.8% Take away the Notre Dame game which is an outlier this year so far and he is 4-30 for 13.3%. I'm of the camp that a shooter has to have confidence to consistently shoot well. Not sure Zach can have much real confidence in his perimeter shot at this point. Can that change. Sure, it's possible but at this point IMO Zach needs to be very selective on his shots and look to contribute in other ways ala Rahsard Kelly.

Maybe he should try the glove routine used by Keitha Adams. Don't know if it would help but can it hurt?

Comment

• Cdizzle
                  Cdizzle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't blame anyone that wants him to stop shooting. I often cringe, though usually more due to the selection of shot rather than the fact he is shooting at all. I do agree he needs to find his lane again. Colour me unreasonably optimistic.

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just hope he feels it from his fingertips to his toes when lets it go. Not sure if Zach can find it or not on a consistent basis but it would be extremely beneficial if either he or Markis can find the touch soon. Ideally, both of them but I will take either one.

• Bluzrover
                  Bluzrover commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The trend on his 3 pt shooting % is downward since his first year so I tend to cringe as well when he launches one, but mainly because there are usually at least two better options on the court at the same time whether LS, AR or CF. Heck, it's a toss up when I cringe more, when Zach launches a three or Darral. But I wonder how much his knee is still impacting his game.

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                They whooped Arkansas by 26. Houston is very capable of whooping our butt too, but just not at our place. We will win by a margin anywhere from 3 to 19 points, it's so difficult to make predictions on this year's team.
                Arkansas is 11-2 and somewhat a mystery team to me. N.C. beat them 87-68 and Houston won 91-65. Even so, Arkansas has beat Oklahoma 92-83, pulverized UConn 102-67, just defeated #19 Tennessee can't you see at 95-93 in OT, and also beat #14 Minnesota 95-79.

Thus, I'm hoping the Shocks grab the Cougars by the tail and ears and keep their 3-point shooting to a mild roar and come prepared to execute their junk. Otherwise, our foes will get 50 in the first half? Better not!!!!!!! We must continue to win in our barn to go where we strive to go and achieve our goals.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I'm eating my words for predicting a loss at UCONN. But I think Houston is better. Inviting my Houston friend over for the game.

Shocks by 3

Comment

I'm so excited for the stripes!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gray gets shut down. Coogs interior game ineffective. Shocks by 14.

Comment

Houston Junior forward Breaon Brady posted a career-high and game-high 21 points while pulling down nine rebounds in only 18 minutes of action in the win over Temple, exiting the game in the second half with an ankle injury. Brady was 8-of-9 from the field and 5-of-6 from the line.

The latest report I have seen says he is a game time decision for Thursday.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...n-12467422.php

Comment

Game time decision in college basketball means definitely going to play regular minutes.

Comment

Working...
                          X