Official #8 Wichita State vs UCONN Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
    I am somehow entranced into following @noescalators on twitter. And then finding myself swallowed in his immense negativity. My soul can’t take it.
    That guy was a whackjob. I stopped paying attention to him sometime around August.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

That was commented on REPEATEDLY on the UConn board.

Not a whole lot of interesting comments over there and they're well into their "fire Ollie" meltdown, so there was no meltdown over this game. Among the more interesting comments:

Guard the WHITE GUYS! (repeated many times).

I thought you said white guys couldn't play

They can play, they just can't jump.

(At halftime) Someone call Pitino. Not to coach. We just need his connections for a hit man to take out #12.
      I LOL'ed at this one:

we are a broken program, even our cheerleaders are ugly

Comment

• pogo
        pogo commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow he is even bagging on the cheerleaders..That is one disgruntled fan..Glad to see that our fan base hasn't gone to any other fan sites and made a jack wad out of themselves. YET

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        Shallow man that I am, I noticed their cheerleaders are ugly as well. Made me really anticipate the next home game so I can bask in the beauty of our own cheerleaders.

• pogo
        pogo commented
        Editing a comment
        But each one is a great conversationalist and can make her own clothes.

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I LOL'ed at this one:

we are a broken program, even our cheerleaders are ugly
      Or this one:

How can we let a guy that can't lift 50 pounds take it to us like that

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Or this one:

How can we let a guy that can't lift 50 pounds take it to us like that
        Fortunately for Austin and the Shocks he can handle 1 lb. and 6 ounces quite nicely.

I have to admit though that Austin reminds of of the skinny guy (in before mode) in the old Charles Atlas ads.

What can we say? No vintage comic book collection would be complete without some Charles Atlas ads, even here in Martian cyberspace. And remember kids, violence is the solution to your problems. Wh…

Except Austin doesn't seem to have any problem standing up to the guys trying to bully him. Although I do hold my breath every time he takes the brunt of one of those charging bulls.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 31, 2017, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Topshock
          Topshock commented
          Editing a comment
          Imagine what he could be if he gets some of that stuff!

• Late posting about the game. I expected a dog fight, like much of the rest of our road games this season, but was really impressed with the way this team found a way to stick together, play good defense when it really needed to, and found the three point wizards in perfect position for some serious daggers. The beauty of this team is the unselfish play of all and the fact that it seems that every single game there is a different "hero" who steps up and positions himself as "the guy" who had the best contribution. And it seems that Marshall has built a team that has different pieces that can offset any matchups that might prove difficult against different teams. I think the UConn Bigs' length and size and decision to zone us dictated a different game plan for Marshall and company. I think we can credit Coach Linstead for the scouting report on this one. All in all, a great road win against a new conference foe and is no cupcake.

Comment

• Landry gave credit to Coach Kyle's scout on the postgame and I think it should have been reassuring to some here who were worried about how much help GGG was getting from his assistants this year. I also noticed in the game that Coach Jones was pretty active on the sideline too.

Comment

• I was never worried about the scouting reports.

I get worried about whether the assistants will be assertive during the games. They definitely were not during the OU game.

Comment

• pogo
              pogo commented
              Editing a comment
              oops

• Well there are times that every coach, no matter how good, and how experienced, is a little baffled on what to do during a game. It's not like you can load up a film, watch, analyze, and put heads together to find out the best solution to defend Young differently. That's one reason that the best coaches, and players often show up in March (but not every March). They thought they were prepared, but as it goes, the other team is trying too and Lon Krueger is very good, and Young is a "special" player.

Landry went so far to say that everything that UCONN threw at them, Coach Linsted had showed them in the scouting report prior to the game. The interesting tidbit about this statement is that the television "experts" said that UCONN had rarely played any zone and that is all they threw at the Shockers. Kyle L. must have anticipated that they would play the zone a great amount of the time and spent significant time on it. I would have expected that he briefed them (maybe a little more) on the zone but he must have gone into it deeply.

Comment

• Finally got a chance to see the game. Surprised to see UCONN's lack of depth and scoring options.

AR is really settling in nicely and taking care of the ball. He is picking his spots on offense, and I am curious how many charging calls he will take by season's end.

Happy to see Markis running around out there. He is certainly shaking the rust off - can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks.

Good to see us play well against a zone again. I was hoping for a bigger margin, but I have to remind myself how difficult it is to win on the road.

Comment

Working...
              X