WSU Versus Florida Gulf Coast Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Florida Gulf Coast Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. "Twas a few nights before Christmas, and all through the CKA House, 10,506 Shocker Fans were stirring, along with a mouse. The banners were hung from the rafters with care, in hopes Saint Duff would soon play again here. When out on the hardwood arose such a clatter, as the Shocks and not our foes were ringing in 3's and that always matters. A Happy 10-2 Merry Christmas to SN, and to all a good night." Okay, I'm not a poet and just showed it. I could have went on forever and ever, but spared ya'll so Christmas cheer will continue.

FGCU is 7-5 and play FIU tonight. His name is Brandon (no good wins at our house) Goodwin whom some say is NBA good. This game is Friday at 6 p.m. and let's hope the Shocks play well and we can get AM in there for some minutes. FGCU did beat Illinois State 98-87 so they too bring high octane offense in here. This team also has several very tall timber players for us to contend with. The Shocks will prey on the high flying Eagles, clip their wings, fog their lens until they see things our beloved Shocks way, and then after they make spectacles of themselves under duress, the Shocks will bag them for the 10-2 record before heading to UConn for a road Conference game.

How about this? Tonight our bench continues their onslaught for a 37-12 surpass of the red wolves bench. Our Juco players SHJ gets a chance to shine and rings up 27 smackers. The SN concern about Willis last Season was his black hole tendencies to force into big trouble versus the double teams and led our team in turnovers if I recall. However, tonight he makes 3 assists, took 2 charges, 14 pts and 7 rb for a stocking stat stuffer night and showing consistency more often. Austin rang in 3-trays, while LS scored 18. Hope to see Frankamp back and wishing he is feeling better. Shaq went back to his old ways tonight and needs to get back to the basics of his inside play that most teams should not be able to stop.

Even though MM did not play, he was active cheering on his teammates, having fun, and has to be eager as a hungry beaver to get back on the hardwood soon and I personally can't wait. We will be 10 strong and this could eventually be a nice lineup at times. 1.LS 2. CF, 3. MM 4. Willis, 5. Shaq. and what an even tougher bench we will then have!!! I'm ready and I like it alot!!!!!!!

Shocks- 89

Eagles--75

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Florida Gulf Coast does indeed have a lot of size.

Comment

29 feet - 71
      1,318 feet - 87

Go Shockers!!!

:poster_wu:

Comment

Crushed it at Winthrop 88
        Failed at East Carolina 67

Comment

Do we hold them under 50 the first half?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

fgcu will bring their top game.

Comment

The Eagles record dropped to 7-6 last night. The score was FIU 91-FGCU 88.

When Duff does return, he will attempt to shake off the rust of a slow healing injury and get back to his true form that led our squad last Season in scoring and rebounds. What his biggest asset he brings to the Shocks though IMO is the reunion of the 1-2 punch him and Z Brown bring to the defensive side of the hardwood. Also, while the Shocks have had areas of concern this Season, we have been winning the battle of the boards and even this even without MM, The Shocks are already one of the top teams in the Nation in rebounding margin.. The Shocks will then go 10 players strong and 2 more players developing at a slower pace, but with some potential to also contribute when their number is called to play in certain game type situations.

Coach Marshall will recalibrate our team chemistry by adjusting the minutes played in search of the best combinations for various matchups. He is excellent at such tasks, knowing this will take some time. I'm only guessing but we could win around 15-16 AAC Conference games. However, UConn on the road will put the Shocks feet to the fire in this new and improved Conference we all have been longing for.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

McDuffie had an important doctors appointment yesterday according to HCGM on his Monday show. Anyone know what occurred or the timeline? His suiting up may be a good sign but he sat at the end of the bench the whole game so I would imagine that there was a decision that he wasn't going to play no matter what.

Comment

Hoping we get back on track a little bit:

River City 85
                  Dunk City 72

Comment

God only knows! Shox88 FGC 75
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      McDuffie had an important doctors appointment yesterday according to HCGM on his Monday show. Anyone know what occurred or the timeline? His suiting up may be a good sign but he sat at the end of the bench the whole game so I would imagine that there was a decision that he wasn't going to play no matter what.
                      He posted on Twitter that the doctor gave him great news and he's ready to get back to practice with his team. He might see spot minutes on Friday but the is a chance they will wait until UConn to play him.

And yes, he was ruled out before the game. He hadn't practiced with the team in full scrimmage yet.

Comment

FloridaGulf.png
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I'm hoping last night was the last straw and this team finally gets angry. However, the fact that FGCU lost to a KenPom ranked 286 team makes me think they're going to Super Bowl us. That's been the trend this year...

But I still think our defense looks better. We hold them under 50 for the half, and then our offense explodes in the 2nd half.

Shockers - 94
                          FGCU - 78

Comment

I'm going out on a limb again...we come out flat and uninspired, they take a lead in the first half, we regroup at halftime, retake the lead in the second half and win by double digits.

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Stickboy46
                              Stickboy46 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I don't think that's a limb anymore .. that's a full grown branch at this point.

I bet Vegas is hating the Shox at this point, you never know what to expect from this bunch this year.

Comment

Working...
                            X