WSU Versus Florida Gulf Coast Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    It's not unusual for the team to have a letdown immediately after finals. Seems to happen every year. There's been a few days to rest up and catch up on some sleep since finals are over, so I'm expecting a better result on the court than we've seen in the last couple of games.

The interesting thing will be to see how Brown fights for minutes now that McDuffie is challenging him for them.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

WSU opens at -18. Wow.

Just seems like easy money to take FGCU and the points with this one until this team proves anything.

Maybe the law of averages catches up and a team finally decides to not NBA us right out of the gates this time.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        "Prove anything"? Come on Fever.....you know I like your honesty, but "anything"? 9-2 ranked 11th. I won't argue all cylinders haven't fired every night, but there haven't been a lot of MVC teams there either. I too hate that line, but this team has proven plenty I think.

• ShockerFever
        ShockerFever commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re right Doc. I meant prove more specifically that they’re better in the defensive department than they’ve shown recently. Also, to prove that they’re capable of squashing people they should at home.

My comment was merely meant to be taken in respect to the current Vegas line, not the team and program in general.

Just show me something different than the last coupe of weeks guys.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      WSU opens at -18. Wow.

Just seems like easy money to take FGCU and the points with this one until this team proves anything.

Maybe the law of averages catches up and a team finally decides to not NBA us right out of the gates this time.
      Let's see. With finals over, the team is finally able to practice and not just rely on talent. It's what Coach K credited to Duke's throttling of Evansville. Hopefully some practice will do the team some good.
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        It's not unusual for the team to have a letdown immediately after finals. Seems to happen every year. There's been a few days to rest up and catch up on some sleep since finals are over, so I'm expecting a better result on the court than we've seen in the last couple of games.

The interesting thing will be to see how Brown fights for minutes now that McDuffie is challenging him for them.
        It means nothing, but I heard at least four persons within earshot of me (okay, I said it also) say during the fiorst half of the Ark St game that Landry looked tired.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Pin where are you with our battle cry?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

It means nothing, but I heard at least four persons within earshot of me (okay, I said it also) say during the fiorst half of the Ark St game that Landry looked tired.
            Landry's been playing a lot of minutes, especially with both Conner and Samaje being ill recently. It would be nice to be able to rest him a bit tonight (maybe 20 min).

Comment

Can't make it to the game tonight, but excited to hear Kennedy's call on the radio! Gave the tickets to my uncle and cousins. It's their first game--super excited to hear about their CKA experience.

-18 WSU seems like a steal. I'm tempted to break my own rule about betting on the Shockers and put a second mortgage on FGCU to cover, but alas, I enjoy being married...

Until the Shockers prove otherwise, I'm not seeing a blowout.

21st and Hillside - 98
              That team that was good once - 84

Comment

Over/Under set at 160, I never in a million years thought I'd be saying that I would be taking the over in that.

Comment

I'm not getting the whole 'FGCU +18 is a steal' philosophy. Wichita State has been hard to predict all year. FGCU has been incredibly undpredicatle as well, winning at UT-Arlington and losing at home to Oral Roberts and Florida Atlantic. I could see the Shox winning by 25 just as easily as I could see it being a single-digit margin. There will be a lot of energy in the building tonight.

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
                    WichitaStateGuy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No matter what, we can agree that the Shox win in the end. Cheers!

• shocks02
                    shocks02 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    True dat!

I'd like to see our big men posting up more on the blocks, efficient passes inside, and more
                  paint scoring. Didn't see it last game against a team that wasn't even very big or physical.
                  Need to reestablish that part of our offense. Do that and every other aspect of the offense
                  will likely improve as defenses then have to sag in more opening up the perimeter. Want to
                  see that and play angry defense from tip off until the two minute mark and the game well in
                  hand. I think we have fun and cover tonight 94 - 71

Comment

Best thing we can do tonight is hold FGCU under 25 at half. Do that, and signs are back to pointing in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Best thing we can do tonight is hold FGCU under 25 at half. Do that, and signs are back to pointing in the right direction.
                      Hell, we hold them under 40 for the first half and I may wet myself lol. Seriously though, keep them around 30 or less, under 40% shooting from the field and under 30% from 3 and I will feel pretty good.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Halftime score 42-50..........end game score 86-76

Comment

I have 3 tickets available, however it's going to be a tough to get them to someone. If you can be flexible and last minute, let me know.

FYI I love giving tickets away, and this isn't meant to be accusatory (it certainly isn't) but my tickets are not for resale ever. If I ever see my tickets for sale or find out someone else used them, you will have the wrath of whatever I can bring to bear crash down upon you, and I'm not kidding. If you want to attend, I hope we can make it work. As always, preference to those that rarely if ever get to go, but I would like them used more than anything.

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
                            WichitaStateGuy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I said it before, and I'll say it again-- you're a good man! Thanks for all you do! Merry Christmas and go Shox!

• shock
                            shock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have used your tickets in the past, later found out where they came from, and been even more appreciative of them because of it.

Hyenas - 87
                          Ground Chuck - 65
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                          X