No announcement yet.

KU Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan is right, Self is out of his league in recruiting the one and dones. He should steer clear of them.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

What is the old saying, "Do-as-i-say-not-as-i-do"?. LOL

Comment

The simple fact is: We do not need KU!

We beat them the last time we played!.

We have the Bragging Rights!

We are the highest ranked BB team in Kansas!

We are ranked # 3 in the Nation!

So please tell me why we need KU?

Just accept the fact that KU not playing us is their loss, not ours.

Comment

Wichita St. definitely does NOT need Bubble U on the schedule. If anything...Bubble U. needs Wichita St. on their schedule. You know to help them better prepare for March.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            The simple fact is: We do not need KU!

We beat them the last time we played!.

We have the Bragging Rights!

We are the highest ranked BB team in Kansas!

We are ranked # 3 in the Nation!

So please tell me why we need KU?

Just accept the fact that KU not playing us is their loss, not ours.
            FIFY
            The fact is we are better than KU.

We we beat them the last time ........

we we are the highest ranked BB team in Kansas.

We we are ranked #3 in the Nation.

Comment

In no way was I posting that tweet with the thought about why they won't play us. I frankly I could care less and we would probably embarrass them. My first thought when I saw the tweet was the contradiction in coaching styles. 3G is willing to throw it up with anybody and travel to their place to do it. KU, not so much. We are now moving up on the food chain and in fact have taken their place at the top. KU, again, not so much.

We are living in great times here in Shocker Land my friends! Perhaps someday we will play them again, when they come to Wichita for a check.

Comment

From #2 under THE GOOD, till the end, this is exactly what I've been seeing ever since they won the championship with Mario Chalmers. And I think Self has lost his passion to develop players, opting for the best talented one and dones, as wichshock65 so eloquently eluded to. He's become soft. And who is to say that it's not the fault of the KU administration and boosters that are driving the recruiting decisions? Grow a pair Bill! Buck the system! Read the Gregg Marshall handbook. Or not. We like it better that way.

Comment

• Heinro
                  Heinro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hate KU as much as anyone, but we're a month through the season. Yes, it looks like it might finally be a down one for the Chickenhawks, even though I won't quite get my hopes up they won't still make the Big 12 collectively pee their pants. but to say he hasn't done a fantastic job of developing players is questionable . Frank Mason, Perry Ellis, among others developed into some of, if not the best, players in the nation. I do agree that he generally is not good with one and dones, exception being Jackson.

I am in serious agreement with the KU fan in that Bill Self has no integrity on who he has in his program. Every year he has players with serious character issues, and if it weren't for likely NCAA rules violations, Preston likely wouldn't have even faced a suspension.

• Shocker1976
                  Shocker1976 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bill Self developed Perry Ellis's basketball skills - in what alternate universe? IMO Perry's decision to attend KU was a huge mistake. When I think of Perry I always wonder what would have happened for him and the Shockers if he had chosen to attend WSU.

Pretty unbelievable back and forth on their board about Bill Self and his mediocrity in the NCAA tournament. This post stuck out, particularly.

"Bill Self (our current basketball coach, not you) 'sucks balls'. He's outcoached all the time. As in ALL THE TIME. Oh, yeah, he's great against overmatched Big 12 opposition in Allen Field House on the way to winning a bunch of 'meaningless' Big 12 titles that no one cares about. His record of failure in the NCAA Tournament has made us the laughingstocks of EVERYONE in college basketball. Not just everyone in Columbia and Manhattan, mind you, but EVERYONE! The guy is just a f**king joke! How he made the Basketball Hall of Fame is beyond comprehension.

This is so hard to admit now, but all this time, all these years, I had actually been proud -- yes, PROUD -- of what our program has accomplished! Can you believe that, BillSelf? Good lord, it SO embarrassing to say that now. I've been the f**king poster child for being a delusional dimwit. But not anymore!

Choke. Failure. Underachievement.

THOSE are the hallmarks of Kansas basketball from 2004 to the present.

I used to laugh at the K-State and mizzou fans who would espouse that assessment of Bill Self (our current basketball coach, not you) and our program. Well, I'm sending out invites to a party where I'm gonna invite every K-State and mizzou fan I can find in order to apologize to them. And tell them they were right all along. I figure it's the least I can do. (You know -- catharsis is good for the soul.) And then we're going to bash Bill Self (our current basketball coach, not you) and our program. For hours! It'll be f**king awesome! And you and TrillaTrilla, Pritchard, EarthdogFred, 1473jeff and teddykg are all invited!"

There's more gold on that thread, if your can stomach the, "BUT HE'S A HALL OF FAMER," BS.

Comment

• ShockerPrez
                  ShockerPrez commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My sarcasm meter tingled a bit reading the KU guys post.

Its funny, but if you put Bill Selfs resume on paper, its still impressive, even with the early exits.

Bill's choke reputation is the result, year after year, of winning a vastly over-hyped conference, and getting every benefit, of every doubt when it comes to seeding.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  Bill's choke reputation is the result, year after year, of winning a vastly over-hyped conference, and getting every benefit, of every doubt when it comes to seeding.
                  It's like you practically cited basketball scripture. Did you get that from Hoops 2:12 or Duderonomy 4:15?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's like you practically cited basketball scripture. Did you get that from Hoops 2:12 or Duderonomy 4:15?
                    Book of songs 20:20

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                      Pretty unbelievable back and forth on their board about Bill Self and his mediocrity in the NCAA tournament. This post stuck out, particularly.

"Bill Self (our current basketball coach, not you) 'sucks balls'. He's outcoached all the time. As in ALL THE TIME. Oh, yeah, he's great against overmatched Big 12 opposition in Allen Field House on the way to winning a bunch of 'meaningless' Big 12 titles that no one cares about. His record of failure in the NCAA Tournament has made us the laughingstocks of EVERYONE in college basketball. Not just everyone in Columbia and Manhattan, mind you, but EVERYONE! The guy is just a f**king joke! How he made the Basketball Hall of Fame is beyond comprehension.

This is so hard to admit now, but all this time, all these years, I had actually been proud -- yes, PROUD -- of what our program has accomplished! Can you believe that, BillSelf? Good lord, it SO embarrassing to say that now. I've been the f**king poster child for being a delusional dimwit. But not anymore!

Choke. Failure. Underachievement.

THOSE are the hallmarks of Kansas basketball from 2004 to the present.

I used to laugh at the K-State and mizzou fans who would espouse that assessment of Bill Self (our current basketball coach, not you) and our program. Well, I'm sending out invites to a party where I'm gonna invite every K-State and mizzou fan I can find in order to apologize to them. And tell them they were right all along. I figure it's the least I can do. (You know -- catharsis is good for the soul.) And then we're going to bash Bill Self (our current basketball coach, not you) and our program. For hours! It'll be f**king awesome! And you and TrillaTrilla, Pritchard, EarthdogFred, 1473jeff and teddykg are all invited!"

There's more gold on that thread, if your can stomach the, "BUT HE'S A HALL OF FAMER," BS.
                      Can someone in the know, tell me what the "(our current basketball coach, not you)" means or refers to?

Comment

He is responding to a poster that has the handle BillSelf
                        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

KU fans (t-shirt et al) will turn their backs on anything and everything the second they face some adversity. They’re a fan base full of soft betas.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I had an a KU fan last night message me after he apparently had a meltdown. He said I haven't been talking any **** latley and asked what was up with that. All in all I think the KU nemesis has grown tired.

-Not only did we beat them in the tournament the last time we played, we also beat Perry Ellis.

-Look back at Perry's KU career, did he make the right decision going there? Probably not. The KU brand has dimmed ever since Danny Manning left for a head coaching job. They've declined while WSU has risen.

-Beyond the teams they refuse to play the only real excitement in their season anymore is if they will beat Kentucky and when will they choke. And like winning the Big 12 their fans seemingly expect a choke and when it does happen, they are ready to run Self out of town on a rail. They don't even care about winning the Big 12 anymore, to them it's like "Yay, that's just as exciting as winning the Missouri Valley.

-The only real reason to talk about them is their refusal to play WSU. It's fun to talk about, but I'm getting the feeling that's what they want.

Comment

Working...
                            X