What name will it be next time?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Walker
      Walker commented
      Editing a comment
      lol I could see mini-hawk rising from the ashes again as mini-hawk 2.0. I always thought that's who shaqness was.

• wichshock65
      wichshock65 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think "Dickweed" is still available.

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

You might be more obsessed with people posting about KU than posters are on here with KU. And yes, some people on here are obsessed with them, but man, you take it to a new level.

Might I suggest wheatshockers?
    Prophetic
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• ShockerPhi
      ShockerPhi commented
      Editing a comment
      Is he over there now that he got banned?

Edit: Holy crap, never mind. That place is dead now. Completely bogged down with spam and no posters.
      Last edited by ShockerPhi; January 25, 2018, 01:00 PM.

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    "Jayhawks fan shows up at dorm, offers 'free throw advice' to team" - ESPN

Jake Trotter, ESPN Staff Writer
    Posted: 01/25/18, 2:01 AM CT

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ow-advice-team

....................The man, who was wearing a blue-and-red Walmart T-shirt -- Kansas' colors -- had already left to see about getting a refund. The Journal-World reported that people could hear him exclaim, "but I really like Kansas State football. Bill Snyder is a great coach" as he drove away in his metallic pea '78 Pacer. "

:good::yahoo:
    FIFY

Comment

He seriously just said we post more during KU games than WSU games.

Comment

I’ll give you this... I do pay attention to KU games. And I do enjoy the occasional loss.

but the reason is not because I have a complex. The reason is that I happen to live in a nearby city and have lots of friends who are insufferable fans of KU. There’s a direct correlation between my pleasure in KU losing and my actual day to day interactions with fans.

I guarantee you every other state has similar dynamics between their colleges. It has nothing to do with obsession and everything to do with proximity. To not understand that implies that there is a complex happening in the other direction...

Comment

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          "insufferable fans of KU" is redundant

I had some issues with Big 12 fans on this board about a month back, I wish there was a way we could individually delete their posts that stray off topic and block them. It just seems like a waste of time weeding them out of the thread cause it takes so long.. And if you simply ignore them hoping they go away they just keep posting and being annoying.

Comment

If I am a coach, anyone shooting under 66% at the line is switching to "Granny" aka "Rick Barry"
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

This board is a great place to commiserate with minds that share common interests. I would venture to say that most Shocker fans 2nd favorite team changes throughout the year depending on who KU plays.

Does that make us shallow? Perhaps. Im fine with that. But its all in good fun.

I dont care if we have a little brother syndrome. I am a little brother in real life. Lets face it. The little brother is always the cooler one in the family anyway, right?

BTW, if you dont find rando dude waiting outside the dorm to teach free throws, funny....

You have no sense of humor.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I don't want to be that guy who sounds like a snob because I was able to graduate from college...

...but I really love the non-KU attenders who try to throw the LITTLE BROTHER card at me. Get back to me with your two degrees (MINIMUM) from KU before trying that with me. I don't even mind KU grads. They should love their university as much as I love mine. It's those who never set foot in a classroom on Mount Oread but act like their fandom makes them a more sophisticated person than my two WSU degrees make me who piss me off.

I literally had someone once tell me to my face when I was excited about starting school at WSU, "Wichita State...that's just minor leagues." Pretty sure that person never darkened the door of a higher education classroom, let alone one in Lawrence.

So Shaqness, wanna try to scold me for my "Little Brother" chip on my shoulder again?
              78-65

Comment

KU's new FT coach

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  I literally had someone once tell me to my face when I was excited about starting school at WSU, "Wichita State...that's just minor leagues." Pretty sure that person never darkened the door of a higher education classroom, let alone one in Lawrence.
                  Heh, ridiculous.. I wonder if any of those types of people are at all aware of the history of the two schools, and how they've essentially tried to screw WSU over throughout its existence? They used to call WSU "Hillside High", and it seems that attitude has persisted among certain types despite all the growth the university has experienced since. It's nothing more than dumb snobbery based on insecurity and always has been. The insecurity can take the form of KU not wanting to share state funding with us, the medical school, or whatever student wanting to feel like they're superior (and act like they have an automatic PhD in basketball for setting foot on the campus, because Naismith).

After we beat them, I honestly haven't really given a crap about them, unless they're playing someone we did. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't call out their shithead fans. The framing of the "little brother" argument at times seems disingenuous and aimed to "put us in our place". And WSU's legacy is that of people telling us we can't do things, and we respond by saying "eff you" and doing it.. which is why 3G is the perfect coach for us.

Comment

Anyone that thinks ShockerNet has any sort of mild obsession with KU has never visited phog.net. I don’t think we’ve ever quite had dozens of pages of a thread attacking the Selfs’ home and personal life either.
                    Last edited by AndShock; January 25, 2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      Anything that thinks ShockerNet has any sort of mild obsession with KU has never visited phog.net. I don’t think we’ve ever quite had dozens of pages of a thread attacking the Selfs’ home and personal life either.
                      Not to mention the posts upon posts anytime WSU is losing in a game or after a loss. That’s why the little brother thing is so hilarious when thrown around because they do the exact same thing, except with 10 times more viciousness and ferocity.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That guy outed himself if he thinks Shockernet.net contains posts more about the Chickens than WSU.

The very definition of a "false equivalent." More commonly known as fake news.

Comment

Here is how this scenario works, for me and the KU fans I associate with....

KU loses...

Me to KU fan: (crickets)

WSU loses...

KU fan to me: Man you guys didnt look too good last night. Whats wrong with them?

Now, Im not exaggerating. I dont give a **** about talking to them about KU losing. But they sure as hell want to talk to me about WSU losing. Why is that?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Dave Stalwart
                            Dave Stalwart commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I second this

• WuDrWu
                            WuDrWu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Third.
                        Working...
                        X