KU Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Here is how this scenario works, for me and the KU fans I associate with....

KU loses...

Me to KU fan: (crickets)

WSU loses...

KU fan to me: Man you guys didnt look too good last night. Whats wrong with them?

Now, Im not exaggerating. I dont give a **** about talking to them about KU losing. But they sure as hell want to talk to me about WSU losing. Why is that?
    I’ve had people in KC ask me if Wichita State was D1. You would think it’s a needle but you’d also think you wouldn’t come up with that needle after you get the crap beat out of you in the NCAA tournament by that non-D1.

Comment

• ShockerPrez
      ShockerPrez commented
      Editing a comment
      I think its funny because, to me, its the sign of an insecure fan.

I dont root for WSU because I think we are the best and derive self worth through WSUs success. I root for WSU because I grew up loving WSU and am an Alum.

A large portion of KUs fan base is only a fan because they win. And just cant fathom being a fan of a loser.

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

I’d be curious to hear what the diagnosis is that results in this topic existing.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe, given their performance against WSU under the Marshall Plan, it's some of that "little brother" syndrome some posters love to talk about.

I don't study phog.net -- I have better things to do, like trimming my toenails -- but it certainly sounds as though the Chickenhawk crowd is at least as obsessed with WSU and Marshall, who lives rent-free in a number of heads up northeast -- as anyone who posts here is with The Flagship.

... Chicken bot

Comment

I do generally think it's dumb to suggest that you can't be a fan of a school unless you went there*. If you grew up a WSU fan but went to Harvard (extreme example, but bear with me), would you automatically be disqualified from being a WSU fan? Heck no. That'd be dumb. People choose schools for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with athletics, or at least they should. The cool thing is that for people like myself and many others on this board, my fandom of Wichita State is enriched because I attended and graduated there. If someone wants to do something else, they should. I won't stop them.

*My one exception to this would be the attitude of KU fans who did not attend KU and still love to look down on WSU.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I must admit, I did not attend WSU, but my wife and many friends did. Before I moved to Wichita, my only experience being AT an NCAA basketball game was at UNC (Northern Colorado) before they turned D1. So, I’ve only been a Shocker fan for about 20 years. I would hope this doesn’t preclude me from being a die hard Shocker fan.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I think one of these days the KU fan base is going to get put on blast similar to like what Vikings fans are doing the Eagles fans right now for being strange, obsessive, rude and abusive. Kentucky fans already crossed that line recently by rioting and threatening a refs life. Now it's back firing and they can't get a top 10 recruit to sign. As badly as KU treats their own players, it's only a matter of time before something gives.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            I must admit, I did not attend WSU, but my wife and many friends did. Before I moved to Wichita, my only experience being AT an NCAA basketball game was at UNC (Northern Colorado) before they turned D1. So, I’ve only been a Shocker fan for about 20 years. I would hope this doesn’t preclude me from being a die hard Shocker fan.
            Nah. Everyone is welcome here, and has there own story. I attended graduate school at WSU but grew up in Wichita and became a fan long before I attended school here. My father didn't grow up here but when he moved here, he became a huge fan and was a football (10 years or so) and basketball (40 years and during the entire lean 90's) season ticket holder for many years, and was fan before he bit the bullet and invested money. I have other friends and family members who are also fans and never attended WSU. They have been fans through the thick (good times) and thin (and bad times).

Comment

I really like Gonzaga. Never was a student there, but they're my second favorite CBB team. Root for them heavily in the tournament. Watch their regular season games as much as I can.

But I don't frequent the Gonzaga message board and I sure as hell don't bad mouth St. Mary's. Some fans of schools they never went to are weird.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

That Chicken Bot couldn't restrain himself, obviously. All the classic Chicken symptoms were on display.

Ray Charles could have seen it.

Comment

Just because you didn't go to school at a school should have no bearing as to whether you root for them or not. I moved around a lot being in the military and I always rooted for the local area school(s) except of course the year I went to school at Fort Leavenworth.

Comment

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very true. I imagine that there are people who appreciate good athletics teams and like to be supportive of local teams. Maybe you meet someone associated with the team, and the connection gives you a reason to watch. My best friend moved to Stillwater a couple of years ago and has enjoyed watching the different Oklahoma State teams, especially football since he has never really had a reason to follow college football much. He doesn't proclaim to be a big-time fanboy but enjoys high-level athletics.

I would say that there is a difference between people like you who think, "Hey, let's check out (insert local team). It would be fun to watch them" and people who are like "I am the biggest fan ever. Kneel before my awesome fandom."

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

You might be more obsessed with people posting about KU than posters are on here with KU. And yes, some people on here are obsessed with them, but man, you take it to a new level.

Might I suggest wheatshockers?
                  Wheatshockers is all robots now, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    https://scout.com/college/kansas/Boa...hall-112533591

I’d be curious to hear what the diagnosis is that results in this topic existing.
                    Befits them how one of the first posts is attacking Lynn’s hair, lol. I can say 98% of women wish they had Lynn’s hair.

Comment

• Topshock
                      Topshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol, and probably 98% of women that do wish they didn't

• pogo
                      pogo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The rug wishes he had Lynn's hair.

Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post

Wheatshockers is all robots now, unfortunately.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                    X