Shox v Cal Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

With help from their two bigs fouling out.
    With help from Shaq making sure their two bigs fouled out.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Got off work a little later today and didn't get to a TV until we were down 80-78.

While following the game, I didn't necessarily think we were doomed as a team, but I was going to be disappointed if we let another opportunity for a quality win (and future quality opponents as a result of getting into the winner's bracket) slip away. That would have been the biggest disappointment. We wouldn't have been able to test ourselves against better competition, something we have sorely needed in past seasons. We kind of know our floor, which obviously can't be much worse than today, but Coleman also shot the lights out of the ball, making it look worse than it really was.

I think a couple of our question marks going forward are as follows:

- Darral - I was skeptical he could make a huge leap this year, because at some point as a player you are who you are. I imagine the zone didn't help, but he struggled mightily regardless today. I know of no one who learned to go one way one summer after going the other way your entire life.
      - Getting Conner open looks against teams with good athletes

I have a feeling we'll come back better tomorrow and won't fall behind by 18 as late as the second half. Bold, I know.
      Connor had 8 open looks from 3 that he is capable of hitting. He just needs to start making them. No issues getting him open looks.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        The point guards missed him on wide open runouts early. Get an early great look and maybe things go differently for him.

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Now I know how Leo felt in The Revenant
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

• Shaq was outstanding, he wasn’t going to back down, very confident.

AR wouldn’t quit, he missed a few but kept hustling. Were Mike and Bob taken off the air when he dove into them?

Our press made all the difference, Cal started to implode and point fingers. They even threw a few forearms.

Shocker fans were great, hope we sounded good on the broadcast.

Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; November 20, 2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

Connor had 8 open looks from 3 that he is capable of hitting. He just needs to start making them. No issues getting him open looks.
                Like I said, didn't get to a TV until late in the second half haha.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                  Shaq was outstanding, he wasn’t going to back down, very confident.

AR wouldn’t quit, he missed a few but kept hustling. Were Mike and Bob taken off the air when he dove into them?

Our press made all the difference, Cal started to implode and point fingers. They even through a few forearms.

About as loud as I've ever heard the Lahaina Civic Center. Get after it tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Vector_Wu View Post
                    Were Mike and Bob taken off the air when he dove into them?

The fans there sounded great. Curious on Mike and Bob also. Could definitely see AR crash right into those two on TV.

Comment

• Reading this thread from front to back has been highly entertaining lol. I haven't seen many mention it, but I think Austin was a factor in this comeback. 3G leaned on him as a ball handler much of the second half and I felt he did a very good job. Finished with the most assists on the team and a 4:1 A/T ratio. He couldn't make a shot to save his life, but taking the ball out of SHJ hands and putting it in his seemed to have a great impact on the offensive side of the floor.

Comment

• We missed McDuffie today.
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Reaves came in and settled the Shox down.....finally..... They looked so out of sync until he came in and starting making smart plays. His stop and go cadence, instead of the all out thousand miles and hours not fast enough pace, seemed to be contagious and everyone started playing with a purpose. And his first shot was net....unlike others.... peace out
                          For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                          - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            Did someone on here say earlier that the Shocker plane was late getting to the game or something? Serious question.
                            That was a joke. They got in on Friday.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Way to go Shockers! Saw the score when you were down16, next time I could look, you won by 10!!! Poise and control. Poise and control.

Looking forward to seeing a Shocker Championship!!!

Comment

• Bluzrover
                                Bluzrover commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Congrats on taking down the mighty Hoosiers!
                            Working...
                            X