• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, back to the Shocks?

Comment

• a good team would have beat us bad, ya know

Comment

• I'll also chime in that Brown made me proud with his play in the last five min like Shock Top said. He wanted that ball more and smartly called a timeout after diving on it. Then forced a jump ball. He was big in that time when we were tied or up 2. Certainly helped us win comfortably in the last minute.

Our shooting can't be worse tomorrow. Incredible that we scored 92 with that awful shooting.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          a good team would have beat us bad, ya know
          Can't know, may have had a completely different performance. Enough to say we played poorly.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• I had to leave to attend our evening prayer when we were down 66-74 with 7 minutes left. Too bad I had to watch the bad part of our game and missed the best part
              Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
                I had to leave to attend our evening prayer when we were down 66-74 with 7 minutes left. Too bad I had to watch the bad part of our game and missed the best part
                Props to your prayer group. May want to meet earlier tomorrow.

Comment

• proshox
                  proshox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Best post of the day. Congratulations. LoL

• I gave Conner a lot of grief for his shooting display, but they were all right there today.

Hopefully, that means they will fall the rest of the week!
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  a good team would have beat us bad, ya know
                  Thanks.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Wow what a comeback! The toughness to dig out of this hole was HUGE. Agree it was a great learning moment for our Shocks!

​​​​​​And I'll take Connor and Reeves should until proven they can't do it. Which I know they can, so they can keep on shooting.

Comment

• Fan Fest out Front
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• Got off work a little later today and didn't get to a TV until we were down 80-78.

While following the game, I didn't necessarily think we were doomed as a team, but I was going to be disappointed if we let another opportunity for a quality win (and future quality opponents as a result of getting into the winner's bracket) slip away. That would have been the biggest disappointment. We wouldn't have been able to test ourselves against better competition, something we have sorely needed in past seasons. We kind of know our floor, which obviously can't be much worse than today, but Coleman also shot the lights out of the ball, making it look worse than it really was.

I think a couple of our question marks going forward are as follows:

- Darral - I was skeptical he could make a huge leap this year, because at some point as a player you are who you are. I imagine the zone didn't help, but he struggled mightily regardless today. I know of no one who learned to go one way one summer after going the other way your entire life.
                        - Getting Conner open looks against teams with good athletes

I have a feeling we'll come back better tomorrow and won't fall behind by 18 as late as the second half. Bold, I know.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Did someone on here say earlier that the Shocker plane was late getting to the game or something? Serious question.
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Also, I'm assuming it's ok that fans were acting like frustrated idiots for the first 30 minutes of that game. Just following the lead of the team.

Regarding Shamet being out so long, not sure if entirely intentional. He went over to the end of the bench several times in that stretch to use the rollers on his legs.

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X