Markis McDuffie is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
    It is also possible to look more athletic when absolutely no one challenges you at the rim. :)
    Pro ball overseas can be your best friend. So can the NBA. Sometimes...
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Helps when you play in a league (Europe) that doesn’t play defense.

Comment

Nobody wants to watch this.....

....we want to watch them score.

Comment

Comment

Looks like he's accessed, and taken advantage of, training, and trainers, at a pro level. Stronger, quicker, and definitely more flexible (explosive). He's worked hard. Good player.

Comment

Looks like he is playing without fear of making a single mistake.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                Looks like he is playing without fear of making a single mistake.
                You mean not over-coached?

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I agree.

Comment

I agree.
                    Wow. What is the point of the comment? To be fair, the highlights are all taken out of context. They do not play in the NCAA, and they do not play in the American Athletic Conference. I'm happy for MM. He gets to live his dream of playing professional basketball in Székesfehérvár, Hungary.

Take 4 minutes of your day to see the city: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n344iK3Nvx0

It's beautiful in places, just like those highlights. And for the record, Marshall helped get him there.

You want stats? He averaged 12 pts and 4 boards on a team that was 11-12.

Comment

Oh ok, so at any level, Pro Basketball is not a more wide-open game? Got it...

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Wow. What is the point of the comment? To be fair, the highlights are all taken out of context. They do not play in the NCAA, and they do not play in the American Athletic Conference. I'm happy for MM. He gets to live his dream of playing professional basketball in Székesfehérvár, Hungary.

Take 4 minutes of your day to see the city: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n344iK3Nvx0

It's beautiful in places, just like those highlights. And for the record, Marshall helped get him there.

You want stats? He averaged 12 pts and 4 boards on a team that was 11-12.
                        Your chivalry is misplaced, unless I've misunderstood. But do explain further what you're assuming.

12 and 4 is pretty good at the Pro level isn't it? What are you saying?
                        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 13, 2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Your chivalry is misplaced, unless I've misunderstood. But do explain further what you're assuming.

I think he is saying you are acting like a douchebag. I could be wrong though. I don't want to speak for JV.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I think he is saying you are acting like a douchebag. I could be wrong though. I don't want to speak for JV.
                            I see. You are wrong.

Well to elaborate, GGG only has Pete Carril above him as an any X's and O's coach I've seen at the college level. There's a reason he was highly sought out by the Pro's (Carril); GGG's teams rebound with a ferocity that would make Izzo blush; He routinely turns 2-3 star recruits into 4 star performers at the collegiate level (although Markis was a 4 star). And, last but not least he's loyal to the City of Wichita.

Now, if you guys don't want to give credit to Markis working his ass off at the next level and improving himself, which is pretty obvious to anyone who's watching, including GGG, then there's no reason to discuss further, except to say you can blow it out your self-righteous condescending ass, and if he agrees, he can too. Oh, and thanks for the warm 1st time correspondence.

Until we meet again...

Comment

I see. You are wrong.

Well to elaborate, GGG only has Pete Carril above him as an any X's and O's coach I've seen at the college level. There's a reason he was highly sought out by the Pro's (Carril); GGG's teams rebound with a ferocity that would make Izzo blush; He routinely turns 2-3 star recruits into 4 star performers at the collegiate level (although Markis was a 4 star). And, last but not least he's loyal to the City of Wichita.

Now, if you guys don't want to give credit to Markis working his ass off at the next level and improving himself, which is pretty obvious to anyone who's watching, including GGG, then there's no reason to discuss further, except to say you can blow it out your self-righteous condescending ass, and if he agrees, he can too. Oh, and thanks for the warm 1st time correspondence.

Until we meet again...

Damn bro, you seriously need to chill. Nobody said Markis didn't work hard to improve himself. I was the one who originally posted his highlight video and stated it was impressive. Take a deep breath and put down the Cheetos bag and go out and get some fresh air.

Comment

I'm not assuming anything and I'm only stating statistics. My opinion is no more relevant than the next persons, even if I did have a few stats behind what I posted. I'm glad MM gets to play pro ball in a foreign country. Under "normal" circumstances I wouldn't mind traveling to some exotic places.

Youroriginal statement was a stab at HCGM. Which is fine, you're entitled to it, I mean I've done it MANY times. Its an opinion. You stated an opinion, I stated the opposite. Neither of us is correct or wrong. But I defend and stand behind our coach.

Marshall is our Coach (thankfully) and I have to support him and the Shockers that wish to play for him. I was just stating facts, that MM's numbers were similar to what he did as a Shocker. I don't think that implies he was over or under coached. It is my personal opinion that the level of play in this Euroleague is not the same as the AAC. If he was averaging 30 and 10 and they were running the league, yeah, HCGM may have been holding him back a bit.

I wish nothing but the best for Markis McDuffie. He will always be a Shocker.

Comment

Working...
                                X