X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

You guys need to get back on track and quit bickering. I want to talk about that great shot!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I'm not assuming anything and I'm only stating statistics. My opinion is no more relevant than the next persons, even if I did have a few stats behind what I posted. I'm glad MM gets to play pro ball in a foreign country. Under "normal" circumstances I wouldn't mind traveling to some exotic places.

Youroriginal statement was a stab at HCGM. Which is fine, you're entitled to it, I mean I've done it MANY times. Its an opinion. You stated an opinion, I stated the opposite. Neither of us is correct or wrong. But I defend and stand behind our coach.

Marshall is our Coach (thankfully) and I have to support him and the Shockers that wish to play for him. I was just stating facts, that MM's numbers were similar to what he did as a Shocker. I don't think that implies he was over or under coached. It is my personal opinion that the level of play in this Euroleague is not the same as the AAC. If he was averaging 30 and 10 and they were running the league, yeah, HCGM may have been holding him back a bit.

I wish nothing but the best for Markis McDuffie. He will always be a Shocker.

I'll rebut one more, and final, time; everything (coaching, facilities, training facilities and yes, trainers) is quantified at the next level, wherever it may be. Take that, misconstrue it, as you already have once, or whatever, but I think most people would agree that's true. Coaches at the next level (and it is) do more than just roll the balls out.

Now back to a more civil debate (I hope), no I don't believe the AAC has superior level athletes/players than those who are getting paid for it in Europe. 12 and 4 is pretty good for any player in that league. After all, Markis is pretty much the most proven scorer (stats) GGG's had at WSU, and we're talking about the AAC, not the Valley. Were you implying 12 and 4 is not good?
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 13, 2020, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You guys need to get back on track and quit bickering. I want to talk about that great shot!!!
          Hear hear.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Damn bro, you seriously need to chill. Nobody said Markis didn't work hard to improve himself. I was the one who originally posted his highlight video and stated it was impressive. Take a deep breath and put down the Cheetos bag and go out and get some fresh air.

; D

(cool gif)

Comment

This:

Now back to a more civil debate (I hope),
              Then this...

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

; D

(cool gif)
              Pardon me for not taking you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                This:

Then this...

Pardon me for not taking you seriously.
                That'd be a good idea, in your case.

How about this:

(the 3 for ShockingButTrue is goooooooood.....!)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

That'd be a good idea, in your case.

How about this:

(the 3 for ShockingButTrue is goooooooood.....!)
                    Okay, now you've just gone too far. How you gonna flip a brother off with only two hands?

Answer? Robotics!

Comment

Easily tens, nay dozens, of goulash eaters in the bleachers. Good on him though.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

It seems like some MM haters can't let it go. IMO, at some point, being a critic of former players should be let go. I liked Markis, while others evidently didn't. He served us 4 full, loyal years, giving us his best effort just like Fred, Ron, etc. and withstood any trying times during his career (everyone has them), and didn't transfer. For this he should get our credit and we should just be supportive of him in his efforts in Europe or wherever he plays to earn some money. For some know it all fans, it's difficult to stop, but imo the critics need to let it go and say positive things or say nothing at all.

Afterall, he will be a Shocker forever, and unlike a couple of players this year who did divorce us (and some have a difficult time criticizing them), he stayed. I just don't get that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          It seems like some MM haters can't let it go. IMO, at some point, being a critic of former players should be let go. I liked Markis, while others evidently didn't. He served us 4 full, loyal years, giving us his best effort just like Fred, Ron, etc. and withstood any trying times during his career (everyone has them), and didn't transfer. For this he should get our credit and we should just be supportive of him in his efforts in Europe or wherever he plays to earn some money. For some know it all fans, it's difficult to stop, but imo the critics need to let it go and say positive things or say nothing at all.

Afterall, he will be a Shocker forever, and unlike a couple of players this year who did divorce us (and some have a difficult time criticizing them), he stayed. I just don't get that.
                          Guess I'll have to re-read the thread... I must be missing something? I don't recall any "haters" posting. Of course some of us simply try to add a little 'humor' or 'sarcasm' and sometimes we fail.
                          Last edited by WstateU; May 14, 2020, 12:31 PM.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Guess I'll have to re-read the thread... I must be missing something? I don't recall any "haters" posting. Of course some of us simple try to add a little 'humor' or 'sarcasm' and sometimes we fail.
                            Maybe "hater" is too strong a word. But there were plenty of critical comments regarding his lack of athleticsm, and how bad the league he plays in, so he can't be very good. I have a feeling that people who still criticize his play in an overseas professional league are the same people who were most critical of him two years ago.

I stand by my comment that if you can't say anything nice about a former 4 year Shocker, who was one of only two Seniors on a team full of Freshman, that maybe they need to say nothing. I also still believe that even a player who left the Shockers (Burton) has had more good things said about him on his way out, than Markis who stayed.

Comment

I must be a hater since I said there was no D in the highlights. I’ll clarify my response so I can get off the naughty list.

Markis is very athletic and a great teammate, he can also shoot the 3 with pretty good consistency. I don’t look at the highlights and see a vastly I improved player because I thought he was pretty good when he played for us. What I see is Markis doing his thing against a league that plays less defense than what he faced in the AAC, which is why we didn’t see him break out for a bunch of highlight real moves like we see in his video.

all that said, I’m glad he’s making money playing ball and hope he can continue getting better as he develops his body and his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

It wasn't fair, the hand Markis got dealt with his injury and then having to be the only real option on his senior year team. I think there is a better player in there than we've seen. I had him pegged as a surefire NBA'er as a Freshman/Sophomore. He never really improved in the needed areas thereafter. In hindsight, he had some fairly shitty brats to babysit his senior year. If Hungarian basketball is all his body can give him now then great.
                                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X