Exhibition: WSU vs Newman (Game Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    It was hard to keep up with all the combinations Marshall used, so I could be wrong, but I think I recall seeing Midtgaard and Nurger on the floor at the same time.
    Also saw Nurger and Shaq on the court together with Kelly. That’s a pretty fast, yet big frontcourt.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Really REALLY glad to see LS back on the court. Looked close to 100% but want to know
      how the foot feels this morning. We have not had many centers as big or as far along as a
      freshman as AM. SM and RN both have a history of getting two fouls early so I think AM
      is nice to have THIS year plus he is likely to get better as he gets used to D1. Also need
      a healthy AR and hope his body has responded well this morning. With everyone healthy
      we have so many quality players we could apply a serious full court press all game long if
      we want to and really wear teams down.

Comment

Looking forward to more in game analysis.

Comment

Comment

It was hard to keep up with all the combinations Marshall used, so I could be wrong, but I think I recall seeing Midtgaard and Nurger on the floor at the same time.
            Marshall did run some big lineups out there at times. I'm thinking we may see bigger lineups than in the past due to our new conference.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think DW has played the 5 in either of the exhibition games. So far it has been SM, RN, & AM in the 5 rotation. DW & RK playing the 4 with a few minutes from RN & SM sprinkled in. ZB & the 3 with RK backing him up.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Tks very nice
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Box score reporting the attendance at 5,345.

Rauno was the beneficiary of some great assists from his teammates but he was busting his buns and making some great cuts to get open.

Austin looked much, much, much better tonight. As did Asbjorn and Rod.

Daishon who?

Rashard and Zach played hard and showed good leadership.

The Shocks missed 3 of their first five free throws and walk-ons Brycen and Jacob missed 3 of the last 4 free throw in the game. In between the Shocks hit 32-37 (86.5%).

Really looking forward to seeing what this team can do when we get both Landry and Markis back. It will interesting to see how much Landry will play on Friday against UMKC.

I agree with pretty much all of this ... EXCEPT ... the Daishon comment. Let's not talk negative about former Shockers like that. He contributed and helped a lot last year and would have contributed this year IMO.

Comment

• im4wsu
                  im4wsu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn't take the Daishon comment negatively, rather that he contributed sufficiently that we might miss him, but that SHJ appears to be good enough that he should be expected to replace DS and we shouldn't worry.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Good stuff all the way through, but especially from around the 1:10 mark. First there's SHJ's "impossible" pass to Frankamp in transition for an and-one layup. Then there's Nurger beating everyone down the court in transition. Then there's a really quick and accurate pass from Reaves to Nurger for a dunk. Right at the end, Reaves has a coaching moment with Malone on assignments in a press.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Good stuff all the way through, but especially from around the 1:10 mark. First there's SHJ's "impossible" pass to Frankamp in transition for an and-one layup. Then there's Nurger beating everyone down the court in transition. Then there's a really quick and accurate pass from Reaves to Nurger for a dunk. Right at the end, Reaves has a coaching moment with SHJ on assignments in a press.
                    I believe that was K Malone that AR was directing...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Aargh
                      Aargh commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You quoted me before I realized my mistake and fixed it.

• wusphlash
                      wusphlash commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Quickness counts on Shockernet.

Thats why you have to be pretty damn sure what you post is correct because no one on here will cut you any slack.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shane Dennis said over $80K was raised. With the size of the crowd, I would say that is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I agree with pretty much all of this ... EXCEPT ... the Daishon comment. Let's not talk negative about former Shockers like that. He contributed and helped a lot last year and would have contributed this year IMO.
                          I in no way intended it to be a slam at Daishon. My sole intention was as praise for Samajae. Daison was a decent player. That Samajae can come in and make us more than comfortable in stepping into Daishon's role was inteneded as a complement to Samajae. However, I can see why you may have misinterpreted my comments. I'll try not to be quite so subtle in the future.

Comment

Good stuff all the way through, but especially from around the 1:10 mark. First there's SHJ's "impossible" pass to Frankamp in transition for an and-one layup. Then there's Nurger beating everyone down the court in transition. Then there's a really quick and accurate pass from Reaves to Nurger for a dunk. Right at the end, Reaves has a coaching moment with Malone on assignments in a press.
                            Thanks for posting these observations; I was going to do so after watching the film but you were way ahead of me!

Comment

Working...
                            X