No announcement yet.

Exhibition: WSU vs Newman (Game Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhibition: WSU vs Newman (Game Thread)

Not the most inspiring effort thus far.

Best takeaway, is that Landry looks heathy. I’d that’s all they take away from this game, then that will be okay in my book.

This performance might be good for this team. Ground them a little bit and give Marshall some asschewing material.
    The Assman

Update?

Comment

61-32 at half; SHOCKS finished the final 7 minutes well.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Does GodsBearGod look as good as Kennedy makes it sound?

Comment

Redshirt AM! :)

Comment

Yes. But, remember to put things in context - it’s Newman.

Comment

https://i.imgflip.com/oi8bd.jpg

Comment

I was hoping that Rashard would get a double-double also.

Comment

How was attendance?

Comment

Well, that ended up being much better after that slow start.
                    The Assman

Comment

That was a more complete game than the first exhibition game. Looks like coach got his point across since Saturday.

Comment

Sort of reverse osmosis from last game. Then we come out hotter than a firecracker but tonight we were down 5-1. Then we played better in the first half but tonight much better in the 2nd half. Then our entry passes were telegraphed where tonight they were laser sharp most of the time. Then we ignored A.M. open inside whereas tonight he got his fair share of passes and did some finishing. Kelly, Nurger and Willis were in together at times tonight and all played tough. R. Brown is a playa and we will love his game as he gets fine-tuned. I liked all of our guards play tonight. CF got busted in the chops and his shot was off some but made some nice passes as did SHJ and Austin. Shaq and Brown will both have very nice Senior Seasons.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Fun at times, painful at times. Eric maybe 5500 in attendance. Don't expect Willis to fire up too many more 3s or else we're going to see a lot of Kelly and Nurger. Love the way these guys share the ball. Austin knocked off a LOT of rust from Saturday.

Comment

Landry looked like he was never gone. Gave him enough time to knock off some rust but he never looked rusty.

AM looks a lot better when people get him the ball in the post. There's nothing wrong with the hands. Lot to learn but a very nice upside to the young man.

People should feel better about Austin as well. 10 points including a 27 buzzer beater that got nothing but net.

Really like the way Rod Brown moves on the court. Like AM he has much to learn but has a tremendous upside.

The only downer for me was seeing Markis still wearing a cast. Would like to see him move to a walking boot so that ankle can begin to loosen.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• pie n eye
                              pie n eye commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Bummer, coulda swore he was in a boot both games.

Out of town (others using our tickets) and wasn't where I could follow game, so I have some comments/questions:

After SM and CF's first game, didn't expect in a total of 29 minutes, both were 1-4 FG (also both 0-1 from 3) with Shaq getting only 1 rebound. Did like his 3 assists and 3 blocks.

AR's stats looked very good tonight. Did he look quicker?

LS certainly didn't appear to have one bit of rust: 3-3 FG (2-2 from 3), 2 rebounds and 2 assists with no TOs, all in 12 minutes.

DW with 3 TOs and 0-3 from 3 (WTF).

Nurger had a monster game in just 13 minutes.

RK and ZB both with 11 rebounds!!!

From the stats, RB seemed much more comfortable.

I don't care who you are playing (and it really doesn't matter), 35-46 from the line (76%) with 12 different players shooting throws (all shooting at least 2) is fantastic!!

Comment

• pogo
                              pogo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes Willis did revert back to Machine gun Willis tonight.

• wusphlash
                              wusphlash commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Gregg will probably take the keys for the number 3 car from Darral if he doesn't use a little more discretion.

• pie n eye
                              pie n eye commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I think I read somewhere Willis worked on three things in the off season. Defense, 3 pointers, and his right hand. So far he's not shy about showing off the range but apparently wants to keep the right hand a secret. From what I've seen so far it's a waste of his offensive strengths when he steps out past 15 feet.
                          Working...
                          X