2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
    It's also not about the butts in the seats, its about the eyes on the screen. Way better nationally televised package in the American.
    I thought adding Loyola and the huge Chicago Market was going to resolve that issue for the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by The 'hut View Post
      I thought the Shockers made a league improvement going to the American. I would agree the competition in better, but damn the attendance is probably worse. Temple and UConn on ESPNU and ESPNN and there are dozens of people enjoying American conference basketball. Color me unimpressed.
      Most Valley games are like a tree falling in the forest. Just because no one sees the games between lower level Valley teams, doesn't mean they don't have lower attendance than lower level AAC games.

Comment

• I know UNCheat losing would help us more than them winning, but I just can’t bring myself to cheer for dUKe. Any chance the state of North Carolina could suddenly develop a massive sinkhole and swallow the Dean dome whole with both teams inside?
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Shocker Mama
          Shocker Mama commented
          Editing a comment
          We can hope....

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        I know UNCheat losing would help us more than them winning, but I just can’t bring myself to cheer for dUKe. Any chance the state of North Carolina could suddenly develop a massive sinkhole and swallow the Dean dome whole with both teams inside?
        Could happen, cause we know UNC and Dook both suck, so swallowing seems possible.........

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Could happen, cause we know UNC and Dook both suck, so swallowing seems possible.........
          ...that made me laugh! Lol
          Hey Carolina and Duke....go wash your dirty hands in the sink. And use the one down in the hole ya bast#!%s.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Did anyone else just hear Bill Walton make a comment that two of the players in the Arizona UCLA game had been teammates at Sunrise Christian Academy in Wichita and left because the brought a live goat into a classroom to sacrifice it? Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
              Did anyone else just hear Bill Walton make a comment that two of the players in the Arizona UCLA game had been teammates at Sunrise Christian Academy in Wichita and left because the brought a live goat into a classroom to sacrifice it? Lol
              oh-my-goat.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• And then even funnier, the other announcer said he didn’t know if he believed that one. Walton’s response? He would have to ask Joe Lunardi! What is he talking about?? Lol

Comment

• Freaking Walton. Short straw play by play guy gets Walton. Guaranteed.

Comment

• And yet people argue more weed needs to be smoked.

Comment

• pogo
                      pogo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But in reality if everyone smoked that much week there would not be as much hate in the world. But we may all starve to death because no one would want to work.

• Wondering what he might say next? Well, say no more! Leading to commercial break: “No little people here. Nothing but giants in a world full of shriveling midgets!”

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I thought adding Loyola and the huge Chicago Market was going to resolve that issue for the Valley.
                      If you want to be bitter about it that's fine, but I would much rather play UConn over any other team in the Valley. It's an embarrassing league and any argument for us to stay in the league is absolutely laughable.
                      "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                      Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think he’s being sarcastic

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bingo.

• Yep. Time to re calibrate the meter

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Double Bingo.

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      Yep. Time to re calibrate the meter
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Triple Bingo. You 3 will have to split the winnings.

• Today is one of the few days you guys will actually be rooting for 1 of my teams to win.
                      2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                      2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                      2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                      2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                      The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Kung Wu
                        Kung Wu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Which one is playing against KU?
                    Working...
                    X