No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful! Almost as happy as if we would have won.

Comment

• Unnecessary dunk at the end, and I think Chris will let his guy know that...but GREAT win for our old friend!
      78-65

Comment

• So is anybody going to go on the New Mexico State forum and ask them if they believe us now that they got one hell of a coach???

Congrats Coach Jans!

Comment

• That's so awesome for CJ and the Aggies. It'll be pretty sweet if they can do it again against USC.

Comment

• Yaay Aggies!

Comment

• Chris Jans giving 3G a little poll help in appreciation for Marshall's rehab opportunity. Too bad WSU couldn't have hung on to him, but he was just too obviously too good for someone not to give him a shot.

Comment

• Good for CJ

Comment

• And this just further proves how bad we miss this guy.

Excellent win though.

Oh and Kentucky? lol, so overrated. UCLA is not that good. Once again, these soft scrubs that schedule ZERO road games and FLUFF schedules get exposed for who they actually are. UK is overrated garbage.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• University of Kentucky should just be known as University of Freshmen. Pure "speculation" and star rating by all the voting pollsters once again. They good and have talent per usual but brand name is way overrated yes?
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      Unnecessary dunk at the end, and I think Chris will let his guy know that...but GREAT win for our old friend!
                      I have to say ( and, I am a big CJ supporter) that if the current "MeToo" climate was in effect when Chris went to NMSU, he would not have survived the onslaught of naysayers over his past. It was bad enough as is, but their AD knew what he was getting and had the balls to not yield to the campus petitions and backlash. Beating the evil New Mexico University twice this year certainly stopped the noise. He will do great there and am really happy for him, albeit our loss.
                      If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        And this just further proves how bad we miss this guy.

NMS isn't that talented, but they play hard for CJ and they play free without looking over their shoulder. Also noticed that he listens to his assistance's during timeouts. If he had our talent he might be beating teams by 30 .... oh wait

Comment

• Shockm
                          Shockm commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was impressed by the athleticism of NMSU. They weren't very big, but they did play hard and were very quick (quick jumpers also). They took some bad shots, and made mistakes, but made up for it with their effort. I'm glad they beat Miami, but this is a long season and they will show their warts during the year.

• ripemupshocks
                          ripemupshocks commented
                          Editing a comment
                          NMSU may have some warts, but you won't see them with conference play about to start. NMSU will burn thru the WAC. Jans will be WAC COY. NMSU will win the WAC tournament, go to the NCAA Tournament as a 14 seed and win their first round game.

• 1979Shocker
                          1979Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I don't know if I would have gone that far if Chris Jans had our players. In other words, if Jans was our coach instead of Marshall, I don't think we would have beaten Notre Dame by 30 or Oklahoma by 30.

• Congrats to Coach Jans and the Aggies. I was very impressed with their defensive intensity. The havoc they caused on the pick and roll defense shut down Miami's offense. Not to mention they pound the boards relentlessly too. Looking forward to their game on Monday.
                        Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; December 24, 2017, 11:42 AM.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• I'm not going to go back and read the previous posts to see if someone has beaten me to the punch here, so apologies if I'm not the first to observe this -- but NMSU is absolutely the last team I'd want to see WSU draw in one of those opening round 2-15 or 3-14 matchups that seem to produce an upset or two every year.

Congratulations to Coach Jans, and if he ever gets rowdy in a bar again, send him back to Wichita to get his act cleaned up.

Comment

• Not too many detractors to be found among the New Mexico fan base at this point.

Comment

• CJ is the man. I bet he learned his lesson, and will do great things the rest of his career. He's surely missed here.

Comment

Working...
                              X