2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterdays Games:

California (2-4, Kenpom #130) lost to Chaminade (3-2, Kenpom #NR) by a score of 72-96.
    Charleston (2-2, Kenpom #80) lost to Calif. Poly (2-2, Kenpom #245) by a score of 68-73.
    Indiana (3-2, Kenpom #92) defeated Arkansas State (2-3, Kenpom #209) by a score of 87-70.
    Wichita State (4-0, Kenpom #4) lost to Notre Dame (6-0, Kenpom #12) by a score of 66-67.
    Pennsylvania (4-3, Kenpom #143) defeated UMKC (2-5, Kenpom #284) by a score of 68-65.
    SMU (3-1, Kenpom #25) lost to Northern Iowa (4-1, Kenpom #115) by a score of 58-61.
    South Dakota State (5-2, Kenpom #118) defeated Buffalo (3-2, Kenpom #132) by a score of 94-80.
    Cincinnati (6-0, Kenpom #9) defeated Wyoming (4-1, Kenpom #73) by a score of 78-53.
    Marquette (3-2, Kenpom #56) defeated LSU (3-2, Kenpom #94) by a score of 94-84.
    South Florida (3-2, Kenpom #273) defeated Howard (0-6, Kenpom #339) by a score of 75-52.
    Tulane (5-0, Kenpom #138) defeated Miami-Ohio (3-1, Kenpom #285) by a score of 80-59.

Commentary
    I was hoping for a much better showing today and we just missed out on a few wins that would have been great for WSU and the AAC.

Comment

• We really need to win 2/3 now against the Big Twelve in my opinion to balance this loss out come seeding time. That is what stings so bad about it--for once we would have had some cushion.

FWIW, KU has the softest non con schedule I've ever seen in the Self era. Has nothing to do with this post but I think ND would beat at least 3 of the 4 teams playing in the Champions Classic last week.

Comment

• Oregon and UCONN in a late game dogfight right now
        SMU beating Arizona by 11 midway in second half.

Would love a couple of AAC wins here

Comment

• UCONN with a good win in Portland over Oregon who will get better as the season goes on.

Comment

• Charleston does what they are supposed to do against Sam Houston

SMU putting Arizona away.

Very good win for the Ponys

Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Charleston does what they are supposed to do against Sam Houston

SMU putting Arizona away.

Very good win for the Ponys

Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon
              Nope

Comment

• Really good day for the AAC. Wins vs 3 P5 teams and 2 teams that are supposed to be really good.

The 7th place game in the Battle for Atlantis will have #2 Arizona vs #18 Purdue. One of those teams will go 0-3 there. I don't feel as bad about our showing last year now.

Comment

• After watching all of these ranked teams blow ass and get handed over by unranked, inferior teams today, I don't feel quite as bad about last night. A 1 point loss to a Top 15 team is not deal-breaking. Just the way it was lost was.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Oh and it was nice to see some garbage mid-pack Big East teams get wasted too.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Oklahoma (2-1, Kenpom #25) lost to Arkansas 4-0, Kenpom #34) by a score of 83-92.
                      College of Charleston (3-2, Kenpom #000) defeated Sam Houston St. (2-3, Kenpom #000) by a score of 59-49.
                      Central Florida (4-0, Kenpom #62) defeated Nebraska (3-2, Kenpom #114) by a score of 68-59.
                      Connecticut (4-0, Kenpom #59) defeated Oregon (4-1, Kenpom #000) by a score of 71-63.
                      SMU (5-1, Kenpom #30) defeated Arizona (3-2, Kenpom #7) by a score of 66-60.

Commentary
                      Pretty good for the conference today. :bball_spin:

Comment

• im4wsu
                        im4wsu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oregon is KenPom #38 this morning

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      After watching all of these ranked teams blow ass and get handed over by unranked, inferior teams today, I don't feel quite as bad about last night. A 1 point loss to a Top 15 team is not deal-breaking. Just the way it was lost was.
                      Agreed. I don't even think we get affected that much in the poll. Maybe 9 or 10. Arizona should fall well below us.

Comment

• Glad we're not in Arizona's shoes. Maui doesn't seem so bad.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Time won't heal that feelings that we should have won the game.

However, under HCGM, we've stolen several games before (ISUR comes to mind and one or two more maybe) and I don't remember a game that we was stolen from under us. One has to go all the way back to Vandy (and that is Turgeon so this regime had nothing to do with it).

Any pollster who watched this game against a Top 15 team will not believe that ND is better than us.

While the bad feeling doesn't go away, anyone who continues to cultivate that drama filled point of view, needs to take a hiatus from this web forum for a while until they have talked themselves off of the ledge. The continued drama just gets old.

Now who do we play next?

Comment

• The only glaring mistake I thought we made was with the in bounds set up and pass. I
                            strongly believe AR should have been the in bounds passer with a scree being set for
                            either CF or LS to come within a couple feet of the baseline to receive the pass or
                            hand off. Should NOT be making a 15 foot in bounds pass.

Comment

• The inbounds pass was a glaring lack of execution. I think the thought process was that if ND successfully slapped a double team on the player who received the inbounds pass, AR with his 6'5 height would be better at passing out of the double team. Whatever, execution didn't happen and AR didn't aggressively receive the pass (protect and secure it). Then Kelly rebounded the block and didn't aggressively secure it to himself before the other player tied him up. It gets easier to talk about but we still should have won. They stole one as we've stole games before (ISUR and Gonzaga come to mind).

Comment

Working...
                              X