Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
    I guess SN is just like society nowadays...a total throwaway culture. Pump up something so much, then completely discard when they dont live up to your expectations. Then rinse and repeat. Seems coaches and players subscribe too.

BTW...I'm not saying there weren't problems this year.
    I would say this year is some severely special circumstances.

I think most people were excited for everyone coming back next season.

Equally, when s*** hit the fan, I think everyone was looking forward to a fresh start.
    The Assman

Comment

• I've been watching highlight videos for many years. If the highlight videos I saw for the current recruits were players going to other schools, I would be afraid. Very afraid.

There's some super athletic guys who also have some ball handling abilities. There are guys hitting shots after being knocked sideways at the rim. There are players who go to the rim hard and dunk instead of leaving their finish open for a block. I know that was against mostly HS competition, but the mentality of finishing strong is evident. Most seem to be able to hit 3's, but it's pretty easy to show highlights of a 20% shooter from 3 hitting every 3.

There is an uncut video of Bilau hitting 12 consecutive (unguarded) 3's.

Seymour is said to have some ball-handling abilities, Bilau has some. There's the possibility of two post players who can drive to the rim from the perimeter in the Fr class next year. Shox are starting to look more like an AAC team.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Don’t worry about NCAA BOUND. He’s not in this fold. Wears red and blue and has a yellow “nose”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          Don’t worry about NCAA BOUND. He’s not in this fold. Wears red and blue and has a yellow “nose”.
          He obviously made that pretty clear...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            Ranking the 25 Best College Basketball Coaching Hires Since 2000 - Hero Sports

By Andrew Doughty
            Published on March 21, 2020 at 3:06 PM EDT

https://herosports.com/college-baske...-calipari-ahah

"Of the more than 1,000 Division-I men's basketball coaching hires of this century, which are the best?

This impossibly difficult and arbitrary exercise is not ranking the best coaches hired since 2000. It's ranking the best hires, weighing, among other things, the program's history, state of the program when the coach was hired, expectations, and, of course, the success of the coach....

10. JOHN BEILEIN, Michigan (2007)...
            9. BILL SELF, Kansas (2003)...
            8. JOHN CALIPARI, Kentucky (2009)...
            7. ROY WILLIAMS, North Carolina (2003)...
            6. SCOTT DREW, Baylor (2003)...
            5. BO RYAN, Wisconsin (2001)...
            4. BRAD STEVENS, Butler (2007)...
            3. GREGG MARSHALL, Wichita State (2007) - Wichita State might have their Mark Few in Gregg Marshall, one of the most sought-after coaches in college basketball who's rejected advances from bigger programs with, arguably, more potential. To Wichita State's credit, their commitment with upgraded facilities and salary bumps for Marshall and his staff have made it easier for the future Hall of Famers to turn down other opportunities.
            2. JAY WRIGHT, Villanova (2001)...
            1. TONY BENNETT, Virginia (2009)..."
            Thanks for posting this. #3 out of more than 1,000. Pretty awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              .. and they did the recruiting without getting these guys on campus; that’s what’s impressive to me. I assumed we’d be waiting to hear recruiting news until well into the summer.
              After all these years, now I know what that extra “g” is for: Greg “Gillette” Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                Don’t worry about NCAA BOUND. He’s not in this fold. Wears red and blue and has a yellow “nose”.
                After you said that, I remembered that NCAA BOUND was the one who wanted to have Mike Pelfrey fired during our first baseball game of the year because our relief pitcher couldn't get anybody out and our baseball pitching staff at the end of our brief season this year was our strength. Now Gregg Marshall may be his target? lol

Comment

I guess SN is just like society nowadays...a total throwaway culture. Pump up something so much, then completely discard when they dont live up to your expectations. Then rinse and repeat. Seems coaches and players subscribe too.

BTW...I'm not saying there weren't problems this year.
                  Thanks for your input. We recognize you as a chickenhawk troll. Time to go on phognet and talk about all the money being paid to players underneath the table and the upcoiming NCAA probation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

After you said that, I remembered that NCAA BOUND was the one who wanted to have Mike Pelfrey fired during our first baseball game of the year because our relief pitcher couldn't get anybody out and our baseball pitching staff at the end of our brief season this year was our strength. Now Gregg Marshall may be his target? lol
                    Lol no such thing. But carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Thanks for your input. We recognize you as a chickenhawk troll. Time to go on phognet and talk about all the money being paid to players underneath the table and the upcoiming NCAA probation.
                      Lol some of you douchebags can't handle an actual discussion without going to the "chickenhawk" well. Undergrad from KSU and Masters from WSU. All because I didn't join the bipolar club of talking up all our recruits on the way in and pissing on them on the way out.

Comment

Lol no such thing. But carry on.
                        I am curious as to why you have a dumpster fire as your emoji?

Comment

Lol some of you douchebags can't handle an actual discussion without going to the "chickenhawk" well. Undergrad from KSU and Masters from WSU. All because I didn't join the bipolar club of talking up all our recruits on the way in and pissing on them on the way out.
                          Meow meow meow

Comment

Well he did give you a compliment by mentioning that you have a "yellow nose". lol

Comment

And yet you don’t respond to the people trying to engage you in a discussion. Interesting.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X