Gregg Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

That would be a "negative, ghostrider." Dude is a hardcore conservative by the looks of his Facebook page.
    Don’t lump conservatives and right wing nut jobs in the same category

Comment

• STOP

Comment

• Time to weigh in publicly! My name is Joe Poston, I have a small sign business in Wichita with 15 employees. I am a graduate of WSU. I spent 20 years coaching basketball at multiple levels, 6 to 18 year old boys and girls, AAU, High School, YMCA and even Biddy basketball. I have coached approximately 1000 games and countless practices, have been to coaching clinics taught by Bobby Knight, Hubie Brown, Tex Winter, Bob Huggins and many more. I'm a true gym rat. I have been attending Wichita State games since around 1960, watched Stallworth, Kelly Pete, Jamie Thompson, Warren Jabali Armstrong, watched AC, watched X, FVV, Ron, and a number of others.

Had a friend mention to me this afternoon that it was time for Marshall to go.

I could not disagree more and I said this to my friend!

As I have told many people, on a scale of 1 to 10 I used to consider myself an 8 as far as coaching ability. After watching Coach Marshall and his staff over the last 13 plus years, I downgraded my skills to a 3.

I am not a big fan of Jim Schaus, but he brought the perfect coach to Wichita State University, he fits our city, our culture and I support Gregg Marshall and his staff completely.

Go Shockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Signman did you do work for the census bureau circa 2012?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Signman did you do work for the census bureau circa 2012?
            no

Comment

• Signman is a part of one of my favorite shockernet stories.

Anyone remember that time he made a sign for a student for an ESPN game and the guy turned out to be a jack wagon that threw a fit about not sitting in the first row?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                Signman is a part of one of my favorite shockernet stories.

Anyone remember that time he made a sign for a student for an ESPN game and the guy turned out to be a jack wagon that threw a fit about not sitting in the first row?
                I remember some attractive co-eds sitting in the front row.

So I guess there are some smart people in the athletic department.
                The Assman

Comment

• Signman Do you have any eligibility left?

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                    Time to weigh in publicly! My name is Joe Poston, I have a small sign business in Wichita with 15 employees. I am a graduate of WSU. I spent 20 years coaching basketball at multiple levels, 6 to 18 year old boys and girls, AAU, High School, YMCA and even Biddy basketball. I have coached approximately 1000 games and countless practices, have been to coaching clinics taught by Bobby Knight, Hubie Brown, Tex Winter, Bob Huggins and many more. I'm a true gym rat. I have been attending Wichita State games since around 1960, watched Stallworth, Kelly Pete, Jamie Thompson, Warren Jabali Armstrong, watched AC, watched X, FVV, Ron, and a number of others.

Had a friend mention to me this afternoon that it was time for Marshall to go.

I could not disagree more and I said this to my friend!

As I have told many people, on a scale of 1 to 10 I used to consider myself an 8 as far as coaching ability. After watching Coach Marshall and his staff over the last 13 plus years, I downgraded my skills to a 3.

I am not a big fan of Jim Schaus, but he brought the perfect coach to Wichita State University, he fits our city, our culture and I support Gregg Marshall and his staff completely.

Go Shockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Hot take.

Comment

• Whatever the reasons GM now has a monumental task ahead.
                      I always liked him as our coach since day one.
                      Losing AM just about made me snap but I'll wait to see how he comes out of this.
                      Last edited by asiseeit; March 28, 2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        Signman Do you have any eligibility left?
                        No.

Comment

• So now we got a 5* pure pg, hungry to make THE difference at WSU. Senior leadership, experience, toughness, skill.

Gregg Marshall got rid of the CANCER and replaced all their skills and then some with ONE baller.

And who wants to see him out the door? Getting Gilbert, you think maybe GM learned / is learning from this? It looks like he found the silver bullet, so yes. Yes he is.

Best possible result out of all this, and it's just beginning.

Comment

• According to some on Facebook, the leaving players (as well as former players), are going to dump on Marshall in the coming months.

It will, allegedly, change everything!

Crazy how some people have it out so bad for 3Gs.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              According to some on Facebook, the leaving players (as well as former players), are going to dump on Marshall in the coming months.

I don't know about Facebook but if the NCAA does not approve the new transfer rules to include those that are transferring this off season (which I think they probably will) then can you imagine what these players will claim when they file their waivers with the NCAA. Now that could get pretty ugly but I am hopeful that will not come to pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                According to some on Facebook, the leaving players (as well as former players), are going to dump on Marshall in the coming months.

I will just say there are about 4 or 5 former players who's opinion I care about and would put a lot of weight in. If they don't speak up negatively, then I am not gonna really worry.

And, I don't want to sound flippant because I know these are impressionable kids here, but unless we are talking about more than mean words and extra sprints or stairs, what the hell are we getting our panties in a wad over? Cause that crap has been going on since Norman Dale....
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X