No announcement yet.

Seating roll call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Literally sitting on the Floor - seriously.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Right behind the oppositions bench.

Section: 119
      Row: 1
      Seats: 1 & 2 :wsu_posters:

Comment

Anyone out there in Sec. 112? Mid level.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          Originally posted by RoyalShock
          Originally posted by AG1219
          Originally posted by WuSlamaJama
          My tickets are for Section 125, Row 31, Seats 1 & 2
          However I never have sat in them. I usually sit with my sister's group in the faculty section of 122 row 23.
          Who gets the faculty tickets? Isn't this the large hole of empty seats every game. My wife is faculty at WSU, are these seats available for purchase as season tickets or are they given out to different groups?
          That is exactly the area that always has a large area of empty seats. So it's not just the students who need some seats taken away! ;)
          I'm pretty sure there are no "faculty seats." I think there may be faculty who have season tickets and have seats together but I've never heard of special seats for the faculty. If I'm wrong, I will be surprised. (Is it possible that someone like Cessna donated a group of corporate seats to some group of faculty like engineering faculty? This is just a wild guess on my part.)
          I believe there used to be perhaps in Section X pre-Chuck as I had pretty good isle seats in Section W. Currently I do not believe this to be the case as my father-in-law is a prof. on campus and he has regular guy seats at regular guy prices like you and I.

Go Shocks!!!!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

sections 122 row 33 seats 16 and 17 and also row 108 row 32 seats 11 and 12
            ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Okay I'm going to correct myself. I shouldn't have said "faculty seats". I should have said athletic department section. Everyone who works in the athletic departments and ticket offices are alotted tickets for the games and they are in Section 122. So some of the seats in that section are indeed season ticket holders. But the majority of the empty seats are those tickets that are given to other athletic departments. ie Volleyball, Baseball, Track & Field, Golf. They in turn can use them or give them to whoever they want. They just elect to do nothing with them. Therefore I sit there to make it look better. :)

Comment

Okay I'm going to correct myself. I shouldn't have said "faculty seats". I should have said athletic department section. Everyone who works in the athletic departments and ticket offices are alotted tickets for the games and they are in Section 122. So some of the seats in that section are indeed season ticket holders. But the majority of the empty seats are those tickets that are given to other athletic departments. ie Volleyball, Baseball, Track & Field, Golf. They in turn can use them or give them to whoever they want. They just elect to do nothing with them. Therefore I sit there to make it look better. :)
                It's pretty easy to jump to conclusions and it seems that AbsolutelyShocking and RoyalShock did exactly that with respect to "faculty seats"; it makes me wonder if AbsolutelyShocking and RoyalShock did poorly in an English or History class and have something against faculty. :lol: (j/k)

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                Originally posted by AG1219
                My tickets are for Section 125, Row 31, Seats 1 & 2
                However I never have sat in them. I usually sit with my sister's group in the faculty section of 122 row 23.
                Who gets the faculty tickets? Isn't this the large hole of empty seats every game. My wife is faculty at WSU, are these seats available for purchase as season tickets or are they given out to different groups?
                That is exactly the area that always has a large area of empty seats. So it's not just the students who need some seats taken away! ;)
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Like I clarified in a subsequent post, I have had it explained to me in the past that those seats were somehow tied to faculty. So maybe whoever relayed the info to me didn't understand the distinction between faculty and the AD staff.

Nevertheless, I'm now all the more puzzled why those seats are often empty. Let's just hope it was a temporary problem and from now on they'll be mostly filled.

Comment

As an employee of the university I can buy 2 of my season tickets without making the SASO contribution. When I first purchased them about 6-7 years ago I believe you had to pick seats in section 118 or 119 rows 25 and higher. I'm not sure if you can still get this deal on new season tickets or not. I have since added 2 more seats right next to my original ones and have to pay the SASO membership on them.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker82
                      As an employee of the university I can buy 2 of my season tickets without making the SASO contribution. When I first purchased them about 6-7 years ago I believe you had to pick seats in section 118 or 119 rows 25 and higher. I'm not sure if you can still get this deal on new season tickets or not. I have since added 2 more seats right next to my original ones and have to pay the SASO membership on them.
                      Which explains why my father-in-law pays the regular guy prices, he's opted to pay to be closer to the floor. Thank you for clarifying Shocker82 & Royal.

Go Shocks!!!!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

A far, far cry from row 4 with Kyle Wilson's family - lack of (literally) $$$$ for SASO and tickets now forces me to sit in 106 at the top, and I love every minute of it. There are a pretty fair number of rowdies in and around there.

PS. I WOULDN'T take back row 4 off the visitor bench (for 8 years) for double my money back. Good times sitting baseline next to the student section!

Comment

Section 104, Row 30, Seat 7. Representin'!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
                            $$$$ for SASO and tickets now forces me to sit in 106 at the top, and I love every minute of it. There are a pretty fair number of rowdies in and around there.
                            Interesting.... I am section 106 at the top also (row 33). Outpost is several rows below me....

Comment

s118
                              r30
                              right by Hockey if I win the Rock/Paper/Scissors against the hubby, but we'll both be there tonight as a result of the benevolence of Shockband and we're bringing an obnoxious KU fan with us. :yahoo:
                              The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence,
                              regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
                              Vincent T. Lombardi (1913 - 1970)

Comment

Yeah, I'm missing tonight, but its because I have a rehearsal for a Christmas gig that pays $$ (does that make me a trombonist of fortune? Nah, fortune and trombonist are wholly unrelated terms, much like saxophone and intonation). :yahoo:

The question is will Hockey be taking my seat on the aisle so he can fire his dissertations down a clear path? Or will I come home to find on the news that a melee has occurred in Section 118 and a fresh Youtube video has been posted of one of my "gang" hollering "Don't tase me bro!"

I guess we could ask Hockey to go stand in the corner, but it is a round arena, and he's an engineer, so we would never see him again...
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X