Whats up with sections 116 and 117?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    While I am frustrated with the student section percentage of occupancy I am thrilled with the enthusiasm of the ones in attendance.

They are better than any group we have ever had if we could only increase their numbers!

Now how is it possible that the section can be full last year and not this year?

That's what I want to know.
    "The ones who are there are the real fans." Randy Smithson
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
      Originally posted by ShockerFever

Judging by television viewing, finals week hasn't hurt the KU student section, whose team played a very weak team tonight.
      Not a good example. KU fans have been complaining about their student section all year as well.

In other words, our little "problem" isn't solely ours. Many around the country are experiencing the same thing.

I attended 2 KU games last year (USC and I can't even remember the other opponent) and I was amazed at how many empty seats there were in the KU student sections (they have one on each side) at both games. :posterwsu:

Comment

I thought the students showed up nicely last night, with only a few seats at the very top left open. They were loud and into the game, that's what a student section is supposed to be. Lets see if they can keep that up for the rest of the year.
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
          I thought the students showed up nicely last night, with only a few seats at the very top left open. They were loud and into the game, that's what a student section is supposed to be. Lets see if they can keep that up for the rest of the year.
          \

dont worry about the student section showing up, worry about those old farts that will only stand when something good happens.
          ________
          Angelina jolie nude
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Actually, I worry more about those people that were leaving with the Shox down 1 with 6.3 seconds left. Whats the deal with that?!?!
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
              Originally posted by BA2929
              \

dont worry about the student section showing up, worry about those old farts that will only stand when something good happens.
              I am 22 and only one year out of college and I still have the good sense to think this is a completely wrong statement. I will always have way more problem with people that don't show up than I do with people who are at every game, and it isn't the older folks that are leaving seats empty.

The older parts of the fan base, aside from having paid their dues, rarely miss games. Until the student section starts using the entire allotment of student tickets, I think students would be well served being quite about other parts of the fan base.

In any case, do you not understand the different roles of the student and non-student sections? I love the fact that the student section stands the whole game, but being critical of someone who has been attending Shocker games and putting their hard earned money into the program longer than you have been alive for not doing the same is ridiculous.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Good comeback, TMH.

First of all, let me say that since I live in Florida, and sadly don't attend the games, I do not take the comments personally.

But I take exception to the term "old farts" for numerous reasons, primarily because, "I are one." It's fine for me or others of my age to call each other old farts, but if you aren't one of us, you had better be smiling if you do so face-to-face. Otherwise, we'll kick your butt.

Obviously, several of our immature fans, prior to babbling and ranting on about the "sack potatoes" and "old farts," might consider that some of these folks are Korean war and Vietnam vets; some have bad knees and hips (maybe even replacements); some possibly have had heart attacks, strokes, and maybe cancer; and I damn well guarantee if they are over 50, they and their spouses all have arithritis.

And if you had any inkling of what you are spouting off about, you might consider the fact that it is much harder and painful to stand still for any length of time than it is to walk or move around.

I could be wrong, but I seriously doubt that they sit the entire game, like a few of you infer, and never stand up or cheer the team on.

We have all been privy to some recent lame excuses as to why the SHOCKS have lost some games, but I've news for you, it really isn't the fault of the "old farts." Why don't you propose the question to GM, if you dare, and wait for his response.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Well I can tell you this... the semester is coming to a close and every student is getting hammered in his/her respective classes with end of semester projects and preparations for finals next week. For those who are concerned with their GPA's, the opportunity cost of not completing a major assignment due the following day is too high to attend a basketball game against Maryland-Baltimore-County-City-State-Zipcode... :good:

Take it from one Straight-A student, sometimes you just have to prioritize.

What kind of excuse is that, it didn't affect my career. Hang on a second....... Would you like to biggy size that?

Just kidding, like I learned earlier- too much studying can make you go blind.

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                    Good comeback, TMH.But I take exception to the term "old farts" for numerous reasons, primarily because, "I are one." It's fine for me or others of my age to call each other old farts, but if you aren't one of us, you had better be smiling if you do so face-to-face. Otherwise, we'll kick your butt.

Obviously, several of our immature fans, prior to babbling and ranting on about the "sack potatoes" and "old farts," might consider that some of these folks are Korean war and Vietnam vets; some have bad knees and hips (maybe even replacements); some possibly have had heart attacks, strokes, and maybe cancer; and I damn well guarantee if they are over 50, they and their spouses all have arithritis.
                    I think this post deserves a reply but I'm not sure which tack I should take in a reply.

The post does have a "grumpy old man" flavor to it. I'm not sure if I can say that because I'm not 60; however I'm a bit over 50 so maybe I can? I doubt that I'll ever be an "old fart" because that requires a particular mental outlook which I do not plan to adopt.

I've had knee surgery and I am prepared to stand for the entire game (OK, I'll sit during halftime and timeouts and sometimes to eat something.) When I look at all the fans who are sitting at important points in the game, I do wish they were also standing. (One fault I have is a tendency to be (a tiny bit) too competitive and I try to tone this down; I was at the super-regional baseball game the day after knee surgery. :D ) There were times at the UTA-WSU game where I looked at the crowd and thought "Why don't those people get up and cheer?" It's cheap therapy and it's socially acceptable.

I'm not a season ticket holder for basketball and I respect those who are. One of my friends has seats in the fourth or fifth row and has been a season ticket holder for 30 years; I respect his dedication to the team and university. People who have been supporting the Shocks for this long deserve praise.
                    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                    X