Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Well I can tell you this... the semester is coming to a close and every student is getting hammered in his/her respective classes with end of semester projects and preparations for finals next week. For those who are concerned with their GPA's, the opportunity cost of not completing a major assignment due the following day is too high to attend a basketball game against Maryland-Baltimore-County-City-State-Zipcode... :good:

Take it from one Straight-A student, sometimes you just have to prioritize.

T

...8)
    I was a Straight-A student and I only missed one game because of school work. I'm not saying that I blame anyone for studying instead of going to the games, but chances are that there are a lot of other things students are doing instead of studying that could be cut instead of basketball games.
    but chances are that there are a lot of other things students are doing instead of studying
    Yeah, like running businesses, working 9-5 and so on...

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
      Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Well I can tell you this... the semester is coming to a close and every student is getting hammered in his/her respective classes with end of semester projects and preparations for finals next week. For those who are concerned with their GPA's, the opportunity cost of not completing a major assignment due the following day is too high to attend a basketball game against Maryland-Baltimore-County-City-State-Zipcode... :good:

Take it from one Straight-A student, sometimes you just have to prioritize.

T

...8)

Let me help

1. Shocker basketball
      2. Beer
      3.Women

order of 2 & 3 can change on pre- existing conditions

Take it from a straight c student! lifes to short! :D :D :posterwu: 8) 8)

Remember

A students make good workers
      B students make good managers
      C students make good owners
      I'm with you there man but that was during my "traditional years" at WSU back in the early 90's. Now I'm actually paying attention and learning something! ;-) :good:

T

...8)

Comment

There are over 14,000 students at WSU. They should be able to fill up 500 (?) seats and support their school. Its as simple as that.
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
          There are over 14,000 students at WSU. They should be able to fill up 500 (?) seats and support their school. Its as simple as that.
          I believe its a 1,000 seats, but i do get your point, i am a student, and i am pretty embarassed by the turnout by our student fan base, hopefully it will get better when valley play comes
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Even Duke students take the night off.

Comment

Originally posted by aerowu

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas...story/10460569
              So I assume you're saying, "This is our opportunity to be better than Duke" . . . .
              The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Judging by television viewing, finals week hasn't hurt the KU student section, whose team played a very weak team tonight.
                Not a good example. KU fans have been complaining about their student section all year as well.

In other words, our little "problem" isn't solely ours. Many around the country are experiencing the same thing.

Comment

Duke has about 8,000 fewer undergrads than WSU and they're alloted 1,200 seats, more than WSU students. Its much harder for 6,500 students to fill up 1,200 seats than 14,500 students to fill up 1,000. Nearly 20% of Duke's student body must show up to games to fill their student section, compared to 7% of WSU's.
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I was just at the bookstore on campus, they're allowing each student to take 2 student tickets and then they can buy up to two more for $9 each, so a total of 4 tickets for $18. This applies to the games on the 22nd (UAB), 29th (Drake) and 1st (Illinois State).

Comment

Duke has about 8,000 fewer undergrads than WSU and they're alloted 1,200 seats, more than WSU students. Its much harder for 6,500 students to fill up 1,200 seats than 14,500 students to fill up 1,000. Nearly 20% of Duke's student body must show up to games to fill their student section, compared to 7% of WSU's.
                      How many of Duke's student body live within walking distance of the arena? How does that compare to WSU's student body?
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by ksdg
                        I was just at the bookstore on campus, they're allowing each student to take 2 student tickets and then they can buy up to two more for $9 each, so a total of 4 tickets for $18. This applies to the games on the 22nd (UAB), 29th (Drake) and 1st (Illinois State).
                        Wow. The powers that be certainly can't be blamed. That's an awesome deal. Now, if I only knew a current student . . .

Comment

Great idea. - I'm getting tired of talking about this really. If the students don't want to support their school by showing up to the games for FREE or really cheap prices, then so be it. There are plenty of Alumni and regular fans that can do it for them.
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            Wow. The powers that be certainly can't be blamed. That's an awesome deal. Now, if I only knew a current student . . .
                            actually one of the free tickets are guest tickets
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu

How many of Duke's student body live within walking distance of the arena? How does that compare to WSU's student body?
                              And how many of Duke's student body are traditional students (age 18-22)?
                              I bet Wichita State has fewer traditional students than Duke does.

Comment

About 90% of Duke's games are nationally televised. You know how Koch Arena gets when ESPN comes to town.

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
                                X