Whats up with sections 116 and 117?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock

I didn't want to say it earlier, but my I wondered if a majority (not all) of those on the waiting list are socialites who missed the boat.
    I think that's part of it.

Antedotal - but I know some who are on the waiting list who are attending games by purchasing from their friends who have season tickets already and can't attend. Generally those seats are much better than buying the GA tickets.

Comment

IMHO, sell the unused student tickets at a cheaper price, advertise it, and they'll fly, I woiuld hope. Say, $10 starting 48 hours before tip? Since the seats are already paid for by the students, its just bonus money anyways.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
        IMHO, sell the unused student tickets at a cheaper price, advertise it, and they'll fly, I woiuld hope. Say, $10 starting 48 hours before tip? Since the seats are already paid for by the students, its just bonus money anyways.
        Lowering prices on a "sold out" arena would not be a wise marketing decision.

The general section will fill up after finals week and when conference play starts. There has been nothing exciting so far about our home schedule. LSU will pack the rafters including the restrooms.

T

...8)

Comment

But will it for any conference opponent with mascots not called Salukis or Bluejays?

If it's not written in stone, I'd like to see them challenge the students with this proposal:

Whatever the average student attendance is for conference games, plus some number (say 50 to 100), will be the number of seats reserved the following season for students. Do this every year. If they average the maximum allotment, they get an additional 100 (so their average plus 200) allotment the following year.

The other seats either become GA, or conditional season tickets - meaning you may lose them next year if the student allotment is increased.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Well I can tell you this... the semester is coming to a close and every student is getting hammered in his/her respective classes with end of semester projects and preparations for finals next week. For those who are concerned with their GPA's, the opportunity cost of not completing a major assignment due the following day is too high to attend a basketball game against Maryland-Baltimore-County-City-State-Zipcode... :good:

Take it from one Straight-A student, sometimes you just have to prioritize.

T

...8)
            I think you have a damn good point. I would never dream of going to a basketball game, during final week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
              Well I can tell you this... the semester is coming to a close and every student is getting hammered in his/her respective classes with end of semester projects and preparations for finals next week. For those who are concerned with their GPA's, the opportunity cost of not completing a major assignment due the following day is too high to attend a basketball game against Maryland-Baltimore-County-City-State-Zipcode... :good:

T

...8)
              I think you have a damn good point. I would never dream of going to a basketball game, during final week.
              I would never miss a basketball game during finals week.

:D

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                Lowering prices on a "sold out" arena would not be a wise marketing decision.

The general section will fill up after finals week and when conference play starts. There has been nothing exciting so far about our home schedule. LSU will pack the rafters including the restrooms.

T

...8)
                I agree to an extent. But if the shox blow a game or two between then I don't even think the LSU game will completely fill up. Now if they were ranked and decent maybe. Don't get me wrong, it'll probably be the fullest it's been to date at that game, but I still think it'll be bland unless shox can win every game between now and then.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

T

...8)

Let me help

1. Shocker basketball
                  2. Beer
                  3.Women

order of 2 & 3 can change on pre- existing conditions

Take it from a straight c student! lifes to short! :D :D :posterwu: 8) 8)

Remember

A students make good workers
                  B students make good managers
                  C students make good owners
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Question:

Are unclaimed Student Tickets that aren't purchased by 5pm on game day available for purchase at the ticket office?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      Question:

Are unclaimed Student Tickets that aren't purchased by 5pm on game day available for purchase at the ticket office?
                      Royal: How about this: You write to JS with the questions in this thread and report back to us on his reply?

I think there is a legal agreement dating back to the renovation of Koch Arena giving students 1000 seats at basketball games (+ free admission to other athletic events). JS would know the actual story. I walked up to the Koch ticket office Tuesday afternoon and bought a general admission ticket for the UMBC game; it was quick, easy and $18. Anyone could have done it. Students did not prevent people from attending the game; I think people could have walked up at 6:30PM and bought a GA ticket (but I'm not certain about this).

On my financial figures, I know student fees are $25 per credit hour because I pay them for my kids along with tuition. The number of credit hours per year is unknown but I heard 300,000 many years ago and I use this as a guess. The portion that goes to athletics is unknown to me and might be much smaller than a half.
                      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

T

...8)
                        I was a Straight-A student and I only missed one game because of school work. I'm not saying that I blame anyone for studying instead of going to the games, but chances are that there are a lot of other things students are doing instead of studying that could be cut instead of basketball games.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I've been buying my way into the student section each game this year after graduating last year. I put my name on the season ticket waiting list last December, and I've never been called or contacted since. I better call just to make sure they didn't lose my name from the list.

Comment

T

...8)
                            Where were those students in October or early November? Were they working on end-of-semester assignments then as well? The "working on assignments" excuse isn't going to work on me because this has been happening all year, not just on Tuesday. I don't see Duke's student body missing games due to school work. I'm sure they have just as tough a time as students of WSU, maybe even tougher. Plus, Duke has half the number of students as WSU and they fill up the student section.
                            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

T

...8)
                              Judging by television viewing, finals week hasn't hurt the KU student section, whose team played a very weak team tonight.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

T

...8)
                                Judging by television viewing, finals week hasn't hurt the KU student section, whose team played a very weak team tonight.
                                A couple facts:

1) One in four college freshman drop out.

2) A majority of KU dropouts come to WSU.

T

...8)

Comment

Working...
                                X