Shoutout to an awesome non student shocker fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoutout to an awesome non student shocker fan

Id like to give a shoutout to gregg marshalls wife who i continuously saw standing with her family/friends and not caring about people behind her because she is at a basketball game.

Way to go Mrs. Marshall.
    Maybe eventually the rest of the arena will follow and we will have one of the loudest arenas in the country instead of a country club.

Also,
    I dunno where people forgot we stand until both teams score. so if our visitors score on the first possesion stand until OUR team also scores.

Really i dont think its much for the students to ask.

Go Shox
    "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
    CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

And I noticed she wasn't at all pleased with the refs on the last "palming" call against Gal!

But I have to ask where this "stand until both teams score" thing comes from. It's been "stand for defense" since at least Turgeon's early years and maybe even back to Smithson.

Comment

She's pretty fun to watch. It's great to see her so into it. The kids are great too.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        But I have to ask where this "stand until both teams score" thing comes from. It's been "stand for defense" since at least Turgeon's early years and maybe even back to Smithson.
        You're right...it's stand for defense only. No sense putting pressure on our own team to score by standing and clapping, etc.

And yeah, Marshall's wife is fun to watch cheer.

Comment

If us the fans standing and clapping until our team scores is to stressful for our team then..........

Comment

The great thing about the Marshall Family (not just the Mrs. but the kids to) being so enthusiastic is that the next time someone complains to you about standing and cheering you can respond by saying you are simply following the lead of HCGM's wife and kids.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by henrytheshock

You're right...it's stand for defense only. No sense putting pressure on our own team to score by standing and clapping, etc.
              If we were going to stand for offense, we should be standing for as long as they keep scoring...

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock

If we were going to stand for offense, we should be standing for as long as they keep scoring...
                Perhaps if we keep this up long enough, and in enough different threads, everyone will become completely confused and 'accidentally' stand the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle

Perhaps if we keep this up long enough, and in enough different threads, everyone will become completely confused and 'accidentally' stand the whole game.
                  Now that would be a fortunate side effect...

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle

I usually like standing the entire game and only taking breaks during time outs. However, its usually impossible to do this with people yelling at you to sit down all game. It seems like people are almost reluctant to stand even when the Shox do something great.
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Lynn rules and the kids are great. We are so lucky to have them here it's not even funny.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

I dunno where people forgot we stand until both teams score. so if our visitors score on the first possesion stand until OUR team also scores.
                        Seems that you're one of the very few who know this rule. All coach has said is stand until the first opposing field goal. Under MT we "stood for defense".

I do acknowledge that we did start standing for both late last year. As far as I know, it was unofficial.

Comment

Long ago it used to be stand for Offiense then Turg changed it to stand for Defense. For a year or 2 people were confused that he changed it so they stood for both, however those of us who can grasp a simple concept (Stand for D) have been standing for "D" the last several years.

Comment

IIRC, back in the 80's it was Stand for Defense, then somewhere in the 90's it was changed to Stand for Offense (under Thompson maybe?), and it was rightfully changed back to Stand for Defense.

Comment

Back in '86 or '87 our high school pep band filled in at a game. Our director warned us of the tradition to stand and clap until WSU scored. Of that, I'm certain.

Comment

Working...
                              X