No announcement yet.

Shoutout to an awesome non student shocker fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how it worked out in St. Thomas. Those that wanted to stand and yell were on one side behind the shocker bench. The sacks of potatos were on the other side.
    LOL, for the last game against UIC, one of the "potato" group finally sat behind the bench. They mentioned to us, "you all weren't very loud last night over there," She had a blank look when I responded, "Well, if 1/3 of you wouldn't have sat on the other side of the arena and stared at us, it could have been louder." Just a blank stare came back at us, they never even got what we were saying......

Another friend of mine was talking to another "potato" and asked them why they sat across from us instead of with us. The "potato" responded, "We'd rather watch the crowd than sit in it." My friend responded, "Well, as long as it's all about you!" Classic. LMAO!

:whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by Wushock41
      This is how it worked out in St. Thomas. Those that wanted to stand and yell were on one side behind the shocker bench. The sacks of potatos were on the other side.
      LOL, for the last game against UIC, one of the "potato" group finally sat behind the bench. They mentioned to us, "you all weren't very loud last night over there," She had a blank look when I responded, "Well, if 1/3 of you wouldn't have sat on the other side of the arena and stared at us, it could have been louder." Just a blank stare came back at us, they never even got what we were saying......

Another friend of mine was talking to another "potato" and asked them why they sat across from us instead of with us. The "potato" responded, "We'd rather watch the crowd than sit in it." My friend responded, "Well, as long as it's all about you!" Classic. LMAO!

:whistle:

That post is a keeper! :yahoo:
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by swish1
        if i remember correctly it always used to be stand/clap for offense. then scott thompson changed it to stand/clap for defense. after he was gone randy smithson changed it back to the way it was when he played, standing for offense. then when turgeon came he changed it back to stand for D.

You have it exactly right. Thompson was the one who changed it to clap for defense, until then it had always been to stand until the Shockers score. I am not sure when this tradition started, but it had been that way since my first Shocker basketball game in 1976.

Randy came and changed it back to the old tradition. During Mark's first year we started off standing for offense, Mark decided he would rather have us stand for Defense and the confusion started- so many people just stood for both. :posterwu:

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu
          You know, after I got out of school, I never have understood the desire to stand through the entire game. I rise to my feet often when there are exciting plays and my wife can testify that I am the loudest in my section from a sitting position. Tell me, in your opinion, why standing is better than sitting. IMHO, the players would feel the crowd exploding into a standing frenzy more than just adding noise to an already standing crowd.
          The players doesnt need to hear noise when they are doing well, they need the crowd to go crazy when they arent.
          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Quote:
            "This is how it worked out in St. Thomas. Those that wanted to stand and yell were on one side behind the shocker bench. The sacks of potatos were on the other side."

So now Shocker fans who support the team by traveling to St. Thomas who do not stand the whole game and yell are classified by you as "sacks of potatos?"

Your comment shows a lack of class!

Comment

Working...
            X