No announcement yet.

Shoutout to an awesome non student shocker fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then my mind is clearly playing tricks on me... seems to happen more often these days.

Comment

Originally posted by TxShox
      Then my mind is clearly playing tricks on me... seems to happen more often these days.
      I have no concept of this principle. :whistle:

Comment

All I know is you should stand until the guy in front of you sits down or you wont see a thing! :D 8) 8) :wsu_posters:
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I will stand as long as necessary! In the Smithson and early Turgeon day I could not even get the south side of the student section to stand, but there weren't always there many in there anyway!!

But now, high up in section 122 there is never anyone standing in front to force me to do so. That just means the complaints from behind are faster and louder!

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Back in '86 or '87 our high school pep band filled in at a game. Our director warned us of the tradition to stand and clap until WSU scored. Of that, I'm certain.
            I have debated about even bringing this up... it still haunts me to this day. Some of our more "seasoned" posters may recall what happened the last time KU made a visit to Levitt Arena... we stood and clapped for over 10 minutes (it may have been longer) before the Shockers scored. Our good buddy Roy Boy was loving every bit of it as they absolutely annihilated us... I believe he even mentioned our "clapping for OFFENSE" tradition in the paper the next morning. He said that he challenged his team to see if they could make us stand and clap for the entire half by holding us scoreless.

I don't know and I really don't care when it was changed, but I will stand and clap for DEFENSE... my tired butt is sitting as soon as the opponent scores a real bucket (free throws don't count). I believe it was the first half of the Pitt State game earlier this season when they banked in a 3 at the buzzer to score 10 the first half... we held them scoreless through the first 2 or 3 timeouts and all of us old buzzards were standing and clapping and enjoying every minute of it.

:good:
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

if i remember correctly it always used to be stand/clap for offense. then scott thompson changed it to stand/clap for defense. after he was gone randy smithson changed it back to the way it was when he played, standing for offense. then when turgeon came he changed it back to stand for D.

Comment

i understood it as, stand until both teams score. i dunno.

either way.

i gotta admit it was pathetic that
                everyone couldnt stand and clap for the 18.6 seconds of our last posession in the first half.
                The reluctance was nearly sickening.

Despite student continuously trying to get people up.

They sure as HHHHHH stood after durley hit that 3.

Wasnt it durley a few games ago pumping his arms trying to get the crowd up.

I swear these people who yell at people, they always look so miserable at the game.... why even go.
                "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

So far we've just had one reported person get yelled at right? Give it a rest....

Comment

I can certainly understand the frustration of someone who for whatever reason does not want to stand for large periods of time to see a game. It does not make them less of a fan or mean that they yell any less passionately. This whole discussion of when to sit down or not is just weird.
                    Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

Comment

I have an idea. Why doesn't CKA just split in half. One half stands all game, the other half sits all game. Then the sitters wont have to worry about yelling at someone standing! Awesome idea! :good:
                      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                        I have an idea. Why doesn't CKA just split in half. One half stands all game, the other half sits all game. Then the sitters wont have to worry about yelling at someone standing! Awesome idea! :good:
                        This is how it worked out in St. Thomas. Those that wanted to stand and yell were on one side behind the shocker bench. The sacks of potatos were on the other side.

Comment

I usually stand. If I can't get the people behind me to stand, then they yell at me. I always think, hey, at least I got them yelling.

Comment

You know, after I got out of school, I never have understood the desire to stand through the entire game. I rise to my feet often when there are exciting plays and my wife can testify that I am the loudest in my section from a sitting position. Tell me, in your opinion, why standing is better than sitting. IMHO, the players would feel the crowd exploding into a standing frenzy more than just adding noise to an already standing crowd.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu
                              You know, after I got out of school, I never have understood the desire to stand through the entire game. I rise to my feet often when there are exciting plays and my wife can testify that I am the loudest in my section from a sitting position. Tell me, in your opinion, why standing is better than sitting. IMHO, the players would feel the crowd exploding into a standing frenzy more than just adding noise to an already standing crowd.
                              Im worse than a 3 year I cant sit still.

I stand and sway ESPECIALLY when my adrenaline gets going.

Comment

I can understand standing and yelling while we are on defense, and sitting and shutting up while on the offense, and then rising and raising the roof when we score.

Comment

Working...
                                X