December 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 15

Is December 15 the drop dead date for EO to be registered for the spring semester?

hate to be negative, but I dont think he is going to play for us this year. Too many politics back in Africa, and these "exit exams" just dont have the people to grade them.
    ________
    Motorcycle tires
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I think the Nigerian government is asking us to help pay for the exam examiners, if you get know what I mean.

Kinda like this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It is about 58 seconds into the clip.

Comment

Even if his exam results became available today, our own DHS will probably make a December arrival unlikely.

Comment

Re: December 15

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
          Is December 15 the drop dead date for EO to be registered for the spring semester?
          It isn't going to happen - at least this year. 8)
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

If he does not make it, what does that do to the scholarship situation for the spring signings and the 08/09 recruiting?

Comment

Re: December 15

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
              I think Dec. 15 is the date usually referenced because that is the first day of the start of the new semester, with Dec. 14 being the last day of finals for the fall semester. So Dec. 15 would be the first day Orupke could play if he got here. But I think that if he does arrive, he can enroll anytime through early to mid-January and begin playing for the team. So Dec. 15 is not the cutoff date for Orupke to get here to be able to play this year.

Comment

Jack Bauer can smuggle him into the states!

Comment

I was thinking about the smuggling route as well, however this is a 7-footer we are talking about. We would need a pretty big barrel to fit him in. ;-)

T

...8)

Comment

And I suppose it's against NCAA rules to take a private jet over there to get him out. That's really our only hope right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Txlen
                      If he does not make it, what does that do to the scholarship situation for the spring signings and the 08/09 recruiting?
                      we lose 3 players this year.

Matt, Pj, Phil.

We signed 4 for next year.

With those 3 there is one person that hasnt shown up to collect on said scholarship which would be Orupke.

Comment

Does anybody else remember reading that his letter of intent is binding only for 07-08?

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
                          Does anybody else remember reading that his letter of intent is binding only for 07-08?
                          LOI's are only valid for one academic year.

From what I've been able to piece together here is how the process works:

1. Exit exam results must be obtained.

2. Then WSU can issue a special document. I can't recall the name for it.

3. The process to obtain a visa can begin (enter more beauracracy on the US side).

And I'm sure the NCAA clearinghouse is involved somewhere in the process.

Comment

In a post 9-11 world, Orupke won't be playing for WSU this year. The timeline won't work.

Comment

Geography isn’t my thing… I would love to see a map showing where EO lives, where and how far he needs to travel to receive his test scores. We’re SOL if he lives anywhere near the area depicted in the movie “Blood Diamond.” I watched it again last night… a must see movie.

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

Stop Blood Diamonds is here to promote the use of conflict free diamonds. Diamonds are a beautiful natural resource - together we can assure that no person is harmed in their manufacturing.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X