No announcement yet.

December 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have nothing to base this on and I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I seriously doubt that we will ever see OE.

This cannot be the very first time that a Nigerian athlete has been recruited by an American University. There are obviously Nigerian procedures is place that must be followed to the letter and, more than likely, certain gratuities to be paid and palms pressed.

Perhaps OE, his family, and/or advisors are clueless as to what is expected of them, or OE is stalling for some reason.

And even if another LOI is contracted for 2008/09, won't the whole exit visa and exit exams have to be repeated again for next year?

Something has smelled fishy on this for a long, long time.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
      I have nothing to base this on and I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I seriously doubt that we will ever see OE.

This cannot be the very first time that a Nigerian athlete has been recruited by an American University. There are obviously Nigerian procedures is place that must be followed to the letter and, more than likely, certain gratuities to be paid and palms pressed.

Perhaps OE, his family, and/or advisors are clueless as to what is expected of them, or OE is stalling for some reason.

And even if another LOI is contracted for 2008/09, won't the whole exit visa and exit exams have to be repeated again for next year?

Something has smelled fishy on this for a long, long time.
      As Dave Dahl just said. "E-he-may, or E-he-may-not"

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

The reason for the delay was that the Nigerian government suspected that some cheating had occurred so they threw out all the test results (thousands) back in September and made everyone retake the exam.

Until we first hear that the test results have been released, discussion of him never coming here is premature, IMO.

With Okon on the staff I'm not ready to give up on EO. He signed with Liberty when Okon was there, then switched to us when GM hired Okon.

Comment

Well maybe it's not "peculiar" at all then. I had forgotten about the re-test. That explanation makes good sense.
          Nothing to see hear kids....move along please. lol :good:
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I happily withdraw my previous comment. I was completely unaware that the tests all had to be retaken.

Comment

Add me to the list of people who didn't know about the retest. I'm sure that was probably posted 100 times on SN and I don't remember it. It certainly changes my perspective, because I was firmly in the "fishy" camp.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Despite the retest, I don't think we're gonna be seeing him.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                  Add me to the list of people who didn't know about the retest. I'm sure that was probably posted 100 times on SN and I don't remember it. It certainly changes my perspective, because I was firmly in the "fishy" camp.
                  It was mentioned on the first coach's show, I think, and was probably only reported in one topic here. So I can see where a number of folks might not have heard about it.

So, Sub, are saying not this year or ever?

Comment

I'm saying definitely not this year. I'm not sure about the future beyond that. But I'm no longer as hopeful as I once was.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                    X