Rivals Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kendall released his latest NCAA projections today:

We're projected as a #4 seed in the Norman regional.
    1. Oklahoma
    4. Wichita State*
    2. Oregon
    3. Louisiana-Lafayette
    Kendall is a BCS / Big 12 dumba** that knows nothing.

This projection is worthless.
    Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

Originally posted by twister17e
      Kendall's thoughts on the MVC tourney:

MISSOURI VALLEY TOURNAMENT

Why to watch: In not exactly a surprise, Wichita State once again is the top seed in the conference tournament. The Shockers also are hosting the tourney. Interestingly, the Shockers tied for the regular-season crown with surprising Illinois State. WSU and ISU certainly lead the way this week, but Indiana State and Southern Illinois are more than capable of recording a few wins this week.

Leading the charge: The Shockers are at home and once again are expected to win the tournament title. The Shockers once again have a solid pitching staff with starters Jordan Cooper and Tim Kelley leading the way. They also have done an OK job at the plate at times this season with a .297 batting average. Overall, though, the home field advantage will be in Wichita State’s favor throughout the week.

Don’t be surprised if: Illinois State wins the tournament title. The Redbirds didn’t earn the top seed in the tourney because they lost the regular-season series to Wichita State. However, they are a very solid club. Kevin Tokarski is a phenomenal hitter and gives opponents something to think about on the mound. The pitching staff needs to do a better job this week to earn the automatic bid. Illinois State enters the tourney with an overall record of 26-22.

Postseason picture: Wichita State could make an NCAA postseason appearance without winning the tournament title, but that still is unlikely with just a 3-5 record against RPI Top 50 teams and an RPI of 57. That means the Missouri Valley likely will be a one-bid league barring a mild surprise.
      He lost me after the third 'once again' in the first two sections.

Comment

I agree with your assessment of Kendall. I've seen other projections very smilar so that's why I posted.

SEbaseball also has us going to Norman, but has LSU replacing Louisiana-Lafayette.

Norman Regional
        Host: Oklahoma
        1. Oklahoma (B12 at large) 42-14 #18
        4. Wichita State (MVC Automatic) 38-18 #57

2. Oregon (Pac 10 at large) 37-19 #23
        3. LSU (SEC at large) 36-20 #31

Comment

Originally posted by twister17e
          I agree with your assessment of Kendall. I've seen other projections very smilar so that's why I posted.

SEbaseball also has us going to Norman, but has LSU replacing Louisiana-Lafayette.

Norman Regional
          Host: Oklahoma
          1. Oklahoma (B12 at large) 42-14 #18
          4. Wichita State (MVC Automatic) 38-18 #57

2. Oregon (Pac 10 at large) 37-19 #23
          3. LSU (SEC at large) 36-20 #31
          Please send us to Oklahoma...

Comment

Warren Nolan has our RPI up to 52. All I know is if we keep playing like we have been the past few weeks we are not going to be welcome as a #4 seed in any regional. Can you imagine your reward for earning a #1 seed and probably hosting a regional is to face Jordan Cooper and WSU in your first game?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_
              Warren Nolan has our RPI up to 52. All I know is if we keep playing like we have been the past few weeks we are not going to be welcome as a #4 seed in any regional. Can you imagine your reward for earning a #1 seed and probably hosting a regional is to face Jordan Cooper and WSU in your first game?
              I completely agree...I've been saying that all along. I wouldn't be a very happy #1 seed. Hopefully since we'd probably be one of the strongest #4 seeds that would mean we'd be matched with one of the weakest #1 seeds.

Comment

I hope we are a #4 seed.

Comment

Cart > Horse

I hope we're ready to play tomorrow and play like champions.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    Cart > Horse

I hope we're ready to play tomorrow and play like champions.
                    LOL!!! Doc - Notice I was said if we keep playing like we have been over the past few weeks. I have no doubt in my mind that if we show up ready to play tomorrow afternoon we will be causing someone some anxiety come Memorial Day. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose
                      I completely agree...I've been saying that all along. I wouldn't be a very happy #1 seed. Hopefully since we'd probably be one of the strongest #4 seeds that would mean we'd be matched with one of the weakest #1 seeds.
                      In NCAA baseball regional play, it's about location. The weak-strong thing will not be a factor. But by coincidence, if we do make it, Norman may be a likely location and OU may be one of the weaker No.1 seeds.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I just checked warren nolan tonight and he now has moved us up to #50 in rpi.

The Nitty Gritty Report for NCAA Mens College Baseball. This Is a Duplication of the Report Used by the Tournament Selection Committee to Determine At-Large Teams

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3

I just checked warren nolan tonight and he now has moved us up to #50 in rpi.

The Nitty Gritty Report for NCAA Mens College Baseball. This Is a Duplication of the Report Used by the Tournament Selection Committee to Determine At-Large Teams

:wsu_posters:
                          I would trust Boyd's world RPI more since he has been trying to replicate the NCAA RPI calculation.

Comment

Bethune Cookman 105
                            Rider 137
                            Dartmouth 146
                            Stoney Brook 209
                            Bucknell 215

All of the above teams have earned automatic bids. Hopefully these teams didn't upset anyone in their conference tournaments to get a bid and their conference winds up with two bids. It just puts the screw to a more deserving team. This info is from warrnennolan.

Comment

I'd also worry about some others taking spots...

In the ACC...Virginia, Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami, and Clemson had RPI's going into today of under 20 and are guaranteed to go to a regional...

Some of the teams that were on the "outside" might pick up another ACC spot. Virginia Tech (RPI 32) looks to be playing in the championship game tomorrow against FSU...North Carolina, with an RPI of 21 is asking.."What does it take to go postseason?"

The ACC could very well pick up another slot.

And...it would really seem a shame for the fans of a a team, with an RPI of 25 or under, to sit out the postseason while someone with an RPI over 100 goes to the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by billybud
                                I'd also worry about some others taking spots...

In the ACC...Virginia, Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami, and Clemson had RPI's going into today of under 20 and are guaranteed to go to a regional...

Some of the teams that were on the "outside" might pick up another ACC spot. Virginia Tech (RPI 32) looks to be playing in the championship game tomorrow against FSU...North Carolina, with an RPI of 21 is asking.."What does it take to go postseason?"

The ACC could very well pick up another slot.

And...it would really seem a shame for the fans of a a team, with an RPI of 25 or under, to sit out the postseason while someone with an RPI over 100 goes to the postseason.
                                How bout going .500 in thier conference, maybe thats what it should take? 14-16 in thier conference doesn't prove anything to me regardless of competition other than they obviously don't have what it takes to win a majority of their games with thier weekend starters (i.e. the starters you use in regional play) against good competition.

Sure you could say they would dominate in such in such league but fact is they arn't in that league and enjoy the benefits of being in the tough league. Such as easier to recruit, more money, bigger fan base, etc. How can one have these advantages then complain after failing to win even half thier games in conference?

Quite frankly I think an ncaa rule should exist that if you don't win .51 percent of your conference games you shouldn't be allowed to be at large for ncaa tourney play. I don't give a damn if the league consist of spiderman, superman, ironman, batman and wonderwoman. Maybe batman shouldn't have taken that weekend series with wonder woman for granted and he wouldn't be left out despite being a superhero.

BTW.....38 home games and 18 on the road.......f-ing nice! how many of those were outside of league?

Comment

Working...
                                X