• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike Pelfrey snubbed. It is outrageous.

Comment

Originally posted by shockball
      Mike Pelfrey snubbed. It is outrageous.
      http://www.kansas.com/2010/07/04/139...ed-as-all.html
      I would have liked Mike to have made it in, but he didn't necessarily get snubbed. I would have picked Pelfrey over Cain, but it was a push either way. Carpenter and Lincecum should not have been selected as their numbers do not compare to the others (or Pelfrey's).

The pitcher who got snubbed was Jamie Garcia. 16 starts, 13 quality starts, 8-4 record, 2.10 ERA (2nd in the league among starters). Mike's numbers: 16 starts, 11 quality starts, 10-2 record, 2.93 ERA (11th among starters).

Comment

Mike handles it with class:

Comment

Unbelievable. But then again, I can't remember the last "all star" game I watched. It's a ridiculous event in ANY sport.
          Omaha Dreamin'
          ShoxJ32

Comment

Mike has seemed to hit a wall and his dream season has quickly turned south.

"News: Pelfrey may be pitching for his job Wednesday after Jerry Manuel suggested that his start against the Braves could determine whether he stays on turn the next time through the rotation, the NY Newsday reports.
            Spin: Pelfrey's struggles of late - he's 0-3 with a 9.59 ERA in six starts since his last win on June 25 - has caused Manuel to give him some extra scrutiny these days. If he continues to struggle, the Mets could move Pelfrey to the bullpen and re-insert Hisanori Takahashi, who is pitching out of the pen with two off-days in the upcoming weeks, into the rotation."

And this came out prior to his game tonight where he pitched 4.2 innings, 8 hits, 2 HRs, 5 runs (3 earned), 1 SO, 2 walks, and is now 10-6 with 3 no decisions after being 9-1 on June 13th. Here's hoping he gets it together.

Comment

Nice return to form tonight for Mike. 7 shutout innings and 4 Ks.....and he had to be that good since he was going up against Ubaldo Jiménez.

Comment

Originally posted by Hill Sitter
                Nice return to form tonight for Mike. 7 shutout innings and 4 Ks.....and he had to be that good since he was going up against Ubaldo Jiménez.
                Mike really needed this kind of outing. Great to see he still has something in the tank, hopefully, for the rest of the season.

:yahoo:

Comment

I think this post (just for the title alone) will end up with more pages than EO's
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

Mike battles illness and has his third straight quality start:

Comment

Mike threw 8 shut out innings and gets the win over the Astros 2-1. Bullpen just about blew it.

Comment

Working...
                      X